LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, snoopys16 said:

just passed the S&D exam!! they said probably within the next month they will have a schedule for 2019 classes 

Congrats!! How many passed today??

10 minutes ago, snoopys16 said:

just passed the S&D exam!! they said probably within the next month they will have a schedule for 2019 classes 

I heard through the grapevine that they are currently planning on having 6 AC classes for 2019. Keep in mind that at the end of 2017, the original plan for 2018 was 10 AC classes. By February of 2018, that plan had changed to 6 classes, and in reality only 5 classes were held.

On 10/19/2018 at 1:24 PM, MTAHopeful813 said:

Just a quick Q, who sends the s&d overview emails btw? Just wanted to make sure I don’t delete it accidentally. 

And if you don’t make the cut do they send you an email telling you?

All emails from the start came from Michelle Drew. I got my email a week before the overview. 

Edited by Rizz

On 10/19/2018 at 1:24 PM, MTAHopeful813 said:

Just a quick Q, who sends the s&d overview emails btw? Just wanted to make sure I don’t delete it accidentally. 

And if you don’t make the cut do they send you an email telling you?

I have been told anyone who didn't make the cut after the open house would have received a letter weeks ago. Hope that helps bring some peace of mind! 

@snoopys16 ahh ok. Thank you for the info. I have been waiting for 7 months after completing all the hiring process.

orientation + cognitive exam -> S &D exam -> basic training -> panel interview

First, they said there will be a class between September and October, then between November and December. Now they said there aren't any classes scheduled for 2019. It is making me wonder if I'm still in the "pool of the candidates" or on the "list".

Edited by Noob

I received an email from Linda Oliver today asking if I was still intrested in moving forward with the AC position. She said there’s no definite dates set for the next class yet but probably January/February. She’s going to send the Sterling link so I can start the background check. Here we go!!! 

3 hours ago, Noob said:

@snoopys16 ahh ok. Thank you for the info. I have been waiting for 7 months after completing all the hiring process.

orientation + cognitive exam -> S &D exam -> basic training -> panel interview

First, they said there will be a class between September and October, then between November and December. Now they said there aren't any classes scheduled for 2019. It is making me wonder if I'm still in the "pool of the candidates" or on the "list".

Sometimes they forget about you.  If it's been awhile it doesn't hurt to inquire with a email.  HR likes that shit when you bother them!

6 minutes ago, IronHorse said:

Sometimes they forget about you.  If it's been awhile it doesn't hurt to inquire with a email.  HR likes that shit when you bother them!

The HR replied back to me pretty quick but I only sent 3 emails so far (2-3 months in gap). They responded to me with the message "there might be a class in between...." or "we did not receive a schedule yet".

Edited by Noob

36 minutes ago, JHP87 said:

I received an email from Linda Oliver today asking if I was still intrested in moving forward with the AC position. She said there’s no definite dates set for the next class yet but probably January/February. She’s going to send the Sterling link so I can start the background check. Here we go!!! 

When did you past the S&D test?

2 hours ago, Noob said:

The HR replied back to me pretty quick but I only sent 3 emails so far (2-3 months in gap). They responded to me with the message "there might be a class in between...." or "we did not receive a schedule yet".

Don't listen to anything else, send those "I'm checking in emails" monthly.  Trust me!

18 minutes ago, Mlad18 said:

Got the email also

Glad to hear it. I wrote Linda back confirming I’m still intrested so hopefully  she’ll  send the sterling link soon so I can get going. 

Edited by JHP87

Finally! Got the email for S&D overview, Hillside for Nov 9th 8:00am sharp.

is it recommended to drive or take the LIRR to Hillside? I’m not too familiar with the area. Also, is there an expected timeframe well be in the facility? I work mid-evening, wanted to know if I need to schedule time off or I can wing it through.

tia.