LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Dre, I saw the post that you have had 98 on the S&D exam last time. How do you know your score? I heard that they don't tell you the score. 

Back in '13 they gave us our scores.  It seems that has changed as well, the instructor yesterday told us that it is only a pass/fail that they mark the tests now.  Back then, the interviewer showed me the question I got incorrect as well.  They won't do that now.

Hey guy's

Anyone else having trouble sending out the AC quiz on the cd? It comes up on my computer, but when I try to emailit thru the adobe portal, it wont send.

save it to your computer as pdf and then go to your email provider's website and attach it to an email like any regular attachment you would send.  it was easier for me that way on my work computer as outlook is not configured with my email.

Good morning all,

I'm new to this forum but I applied for this back in feb and I see they recently reposted this position. Should I re apply? I've also heard the aptitude test was hard. Is that true? Thanks in advance.

Believe it or not, studying for the S&D is the easy part.  Surviving your probationary period is most important, and consequently, the most difficult, IMO.  Its only going to get tougher from here, but believe me its worth it.  

Believe it or not, studying for the S&D is the easy part.  Surviving your probationary period is most important, and consequently, the most difficult, IMO.  Its only going to get tougher from here, but believe me its worth it.  

I've heard this over & over as well...and also the qualifying is tough.

no auto reply from email.  I checked from '13 and no auto reply then either, the tests went to the same address.  And yes, I do have my email from back then.  The quiz will be sent and received by lirr if you don't get a mailer daemon email back.  hope that helps.

you'll receive an auto reply email back 

CT,

did you get an auto reply email back?  I sent mine in gmail, aol mail twice and from my email client as well and no auto reply on either method.  however I did not get any bounced email notifications either which would indicate email went through.

ok auto reply received via gmail.  would appear it's hit or miss depending on email provider.

Where are you getting an auto reply from?  I sent it twice both from my email client and directly in the email on aol mail,  and did not get any auto reply.

from AssistantConductorCandidateTest@lirr.org 

Thank you for contacting the Long Island Rail Road. This message will serve as acknowledgement of an email received by you. It is an auto-reply and should be retained for future reference.

from AssistantConductorCandidateTest@lirr.org 

Thank you for contacting the Long Island Rail Road. This message will serve as acknowledgement of an email received by you. It is an auto-reply and should be retained for future reference.

yeah thats the exact same message i got. Thanks for putting this up I was trying to find a way to add a screenshot here to prove to everyone thats what I received. 

CT,

did you get an auto reply email back?  I sent mine in gmail, aol mail twice and from my email client as well and no auto reply on either method.  however I did not get any bounced email notifications either which would indicate email went through.

ok auto reply received via gmail.  would appear it's hit or miss depending on email provider.

Assistant Conductor Candidate Test via nymta.onmicrosoft.com 
Apr 5
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Thank you for contacting the Long Island Rail Road. This message will serve as acknowledgement of an email received by you. It is an auto-reply and should be retained for future reference.

Thanks CT,

So I sent my quiz like 6 times from two emails and only got one auto reply. Id suggest printing the auto reply email and bringing it with you to the entrance exam in case of any problems don't why that system is so sketchy I'd think they would have their ducks in a row better given what the implications and importance of this.

Edited by dremoney9972

Congrats to you and your son I also passed that same day I was one of the 15 did he by any chance hear back for the medical and any idea when the next class might take place thank again the name is Cesar btw

Sorry I haven't responded earlier. Yeah he cleared medical and final background check. He starts a 3 day orientation class Wednesday April 26th then training on May1.