LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who attended the 6/12 S&D overview this past Monday... as a bit embarrassing as this may sound the exam is scheduled for July 17th @ 8am correct at the Hillside facility? Reason I ask is a couple of us gathered contact info to possibly get some study sessions together and one of the members has a different test info. (Im just gonna assume they misheard the instructor or was completely engrossed in the studying packet)

For those who attended the 6/12 S&D overview this past Monday... as a bit embarrassing as this may sound the exam is scheduled for July 17th @ 8am correct at the Hillside facility? Reason I ask is a couple of us gathered contact info to possibly get some study sessions together and one of the members has a different test info. (Im just gonna assume they misheard the instructor or was completely engrossed in the studying packet)

Uhhhh, yes. Its in all of our email correspondence from LIRR. As well as they said.....5 weeks to the day from Overview. Looks like somebody wasn't paying attention! Lol

Hello everyone.

Im new here.

Taking the S&D test on July 12th at Hillside. Anyone else?

Also, do we have to memorize the signals for Zone A?

You mean July 17th! And yes, everything in packet. We just don't need to know the difference between A and C yet. You still need to know name and indication though. You weren't sleeping at overview, were you?

The email says July 17th just not a specific time/location. The email specifically states exact information will be given by the instructor. I heard the instructor say 8am July 17th but I guess too much second guessing myself.

@newyorkgrom: can you post the email excerpt by any chance? What is going on here!  :huh:

Edited by Gunlob90089

The email says July 17th just not a specific time/location. The email specifically states exact information will be given by the instructor. I heard the instructor say 8am July 17th but I guess too much second guessing myself.

@newyorkgrom: can you post the email excerpt by any chance? What is going on here! :huh:

Strange, the email inviting me to overview also had invite for july 17th exam.

You are invited to attend the Assistant Conductor Signal and Definition (S & D) Overview on WednesdayJune 7, 2017 @ 8:00 AM SHARP at our Hillside Support Facility. I have attached an invitation letter, an AC PRE-EMPLOYMENT WHISTLES BUZZERS HANDSIGNS PACKET (please start reviewing it.  You will get the entire packet when you come to the overview), and a train schedule for your convenienceOnce you attend the Overview and receive the material you must sit for the exam on July 12, 2017.  If you decide not to come to the exam you must re-apply after 1 year and start the process over if you are called again.   Please be prepared to stay about 5-6 hours and keep in mind that sneakers are not appropriate footwear for the Overview. 

i didn't realize your overview was on the 7th. I just went on the 12th. That explains the gap in question. Two classes very close together. If anybody is in doubt, i would email linda to confirm. Better safe than sorry.

Edited by IronHorse

Hi all, new but have been lurking for some time. You may recall when we took the fist initial testing (at least at mine) Linda gave two dates for the S & D overview in June and 2 test dates in July, she said we could be called for either. I think some of you are confusing them. If you took the overview on June 7th, you have your test 5 weeks after on July 12th. If you had your overview June 12th, you should have your test July 17th. Now I am not LIRR HR so of course don't only go by what I am saying....but I did pay attention :) Hope this clears it up for some of you. 

Hi all, new but have been lurking for some time. You may recall when we took the fist initial testing (at least at mine) Linda gave two dates for the S & D overview in June and 2 test dates in July, she said we could be called for either. I think some of you are confusing them. If you took the overview on June 7th, you have your test 5 weeks after on July 12th. If you had your overview June 12th, you should have your test July 17th. Now I am not LIRR HR so of course don't only go by what I am saying....but I did pay attention :) Hope this clears it up for some of you.

Makes sense Rene!

@Ironhorse

Just to confirm you have a test date of July 17th, 2017 @ Hillside Facility (where we attended the overview) at 8am correct?

For me, yes, this is correct. My email and the teacher says so.

Does anyone know how I can follow up on my application for this please?

Do you mean.....you applied online but never were called for next steps like going to initial open house??

For me, yes, this is correct. My email and the teacher says so.

Do you mean.....you applied online but never were called for next steps like going to initial open house??

That is correct IronHorse. Would like to follow up on my initial application. Over 20 years in cash handling and customer service and would like to know why I have not been contacted.

That is correct IronHorse. Would like to follow up on my initial application. Over 20 years in cash handling and customer service and would like to know why I have not been contacted.

I'm pretty sure that if you applied but never were called at all, there is nothing you can do. I've been told that with the thousands of applicants that apply to positions like this that not every app gets seen and then its luck of the draw if you get picked, even with relative experience. Don't give up though, keep applying. Check every week for new job posts and apply to any. After a year you can always move around.