LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i went to social security that day and they told me they don't do what they were asking.  I was able to get a print out of old time punches which i guess was ok, they never told me if it was or wasn't but 3 days later they called me to set up a medical assessment.  It was pretty easy the 2 hardest things were stepping up and stepping down on the simulated train 3 times in like 30 seconds and then the urine test.  It was 8am and i hadn't eaten anything or drank anything so it took like 3 hours to go to the bathroom and every time u go in u only have 4 minutes so you really have to make sure u have to go lol.  3 days after that they emailed me my offer letter and train pass for the 5/18 class.  I put my 2 weeks in at my current job this past saturday.  Perfect timing as my wife graduates from NYU on 5/17 and 5/18 so at least i can go to one because at the overview im pretty sure they said the class was 5/2.

Its almost 3 weeks since i took the exam does it mean i have no more chance of getting in?
Should i send them an email and ask?

there are only so many spots, they did stress to have all your background stuff in order as those people would get picked first.  Not saying yours weren't but they fill up the class and thats it but whenever the next class is you might get picked.  Not sure if the next test takers get picked first or they go to the reserve people waiting first.

ive read on this topic that theres gonna be 2 class for this year.does it mean the next class would be next year?i already email them yesterday to ask but they havent reply yet.

ive read on this topic that theres gonna be 2 class for this year.does it mean the next class would be next year?i already email them yesterday to ask but they havent reply yet.

But you're in the pool of candidates, so if they decide to have a third class then your name is probably going to be there.  

i went to social security that day and they told me they don't do what they were asking.  I was able to get a print out of old time punches which i guess was ok, they never told me if it was or wasn't but 3 days later they called me to set up a medical assessment.  It was pretty easy the 2 hardest things were stepping up and stepping down on the simulated train 3 times in like 30 seconds and then the urine test.  It was 8am and i hadn't eaten anything or drank anything so it took like 3 hours to go to the bathroom and every time u go in u only have 4 minutes so you really have to make sure u have to go lol.  3 days after that they emailed me my offer letter and train pass for the 5/18 class.  I put my 2 weeks in at my current job this past saturday.  Perfect timing as my wife graduates from NYU on 5/17 and 5/18 so at least i can go to one because at the overview im pretty sure they said the class was 5/2.

there are only so many spots, they did stress to have all your background stuff in order as those people would get picked first.  Not saying yours weren't but they fill up the class and thats it but whenever the next class is you might get picked.  Not sure if the next test takers get picked first or they go to the reserve people waiting first.

Awesome dude, congrats.  As a word to the wise, start studying the signals, definitions AND the other stuff they gave you.  Know them verbatim BEFORE your first day.  Trust me.

Did you get a response from HR?

I took the test yesterday. Passed all 3 cognitive, vocab and math. Wasn't that hard to be honest. The little interview went good too.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

did  they already schedule your for s&d overview?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, 

I'm studying for the S&D Exam on Aug 10th, any helpful words of advise? I'm really freaking out. Everytime I think I have it down when I go to quiz myself I mess up.

Side Note.... I have a WHOLE new respect for the conductors... this is no joke.