LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Cappi10 said:

Anyone know why they only give you 3 weeks to study for the S&D as a Block operator as opposed to 5 weeks as an AC?

3 weeks?! That's insane. Hopefully it's because you're tested on less material, but i'm not so sure if that's true. I know the LE's used to get 3 weeks to study the S&D. Back to studying...

For those starting on the 24th, make sure you have the hand, horn, and buzzer signals IN ADDITION TO your fixed signals and definitions verbatim BEFORE your first day of orientation! Don't be that guy in class, trust me.

8 minutes ago, Jojo1387 said:

I'm starting class on the 24th.  I have everything memorized but I still haven't received the documents from the business service center.  Does anyone know if they usually send them right before class

Email Linda to see what's up.  She emailed mine on short notice.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:25 PM, bp98 said:

For those starting on the 24th, make sure you have the hand, horn, and buzzer signals IN ADDITION TO your fixed signals and definitions verbatim BEFORE your first day of orientation! Don't be that guy in class, trust me.

Hey BP just curious but I understand the first 3 days are orientation but do we actually learn anything, or have quizzes or anything on those first 3 days?

On 1/22/2018 at 1:57 PM, trainguy0518 said:

Hey BP just curious but I understand the first 3 days are orientation but do we actually learn anything, or have quizzes or anything on those first 3 days?

Every day in Hillside you learn something, including orientation.  

18 minutes ago, GUNLOB90089 said:

Already had one classmate leave the qualifying process (didn't show up to class today) One less person on the seniority list!

Strange considering his test scores on the quizzes so far were in the 85-90 range (sat next to me in class)...but I'll take it!

Maybe just overslept........either way not good for that person.  Most classes loose a few along the way.