LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am nervous about the credit report section of the background check. I don't have any delinquent accounts but I do have some manageable debt. If all else checks out would my debt hinder me from moving forward? My background is clean there is no bankruptcy, no liens or judgements, no criminal record, no moving violations... just wondering how much the credit report is taken into consideration. This process is nerve wracking.

1 hour ago, London bridge is said:

Hello to everyone near and far.

I just received the email to the hall in a couple of days. 

Does anyone know employment verification is performed? Do they only take w2s or sterling handles? 

Thanks so much and gl to everyone 

The resume you bring the interviewer will go through it and make sure there are no gaps. That’s only if you pass all 3 tests will you get to that point .

Last question because.. I'm annoying like that =). 

How strict is that credit check? If anyone has any insight.. I don't think I'm going to make it through the credit check because I may have a account in collect. 

Thanks anyway. And wish and hope the best to everyone who's made it 

Edited by London bridge is

Just now, JHP87 said:

Does anyone know in what order individuals are placed on the roster when their in the same class? It seems like a tough break to be number 24 and have 23 of your classmates ahead of you. 

Towards the end of your time together in class, you have a day where you meet the head guys from the union. They have you pick envelopes out of a hat, and inside that envelope is your new roster number.  So, basically, it’s random. 

58 minutes ago, Two2Go said:

Towards the end of your time together in class, you have a day where you meet the head guys from the union. They have you pick envelopes out of a hat, and inside that envelope is your new roster number.  So, basically, it’s random. 

That’s a fair system. Thanks for the info. 

Does anyone recall where the entrance to the hillside facility is located?

I’m looking on google street view and don’t see an actual entrance? There is a ramp entrance with a guard station on 183rd for authorized vehicles by liberty avenue, is that the entrance? I’m due at 8:00am tomorrow and didnt want to be late looking around for it.

Edited by MTAHopeful813

3 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Does anyone recall where the entrance to the hillside facility is located?

I’m looking on google street view and don’t see an actual entrance? There is a ramp entrance with a guard station on 183rd for authorized vehicles by liberty avenue, is that the entrance? I’m due at 8:00am tomorrow and didnt want to be late looking around for it.

They were supposed to give you a timetable to get to Hillside by train.  You need to take a train to Hillside. Where are you coming from?

6 hours ago, IronHorse said:

They were supposed to give you a timetable to get to Hillside by train.  You need to take a train to Hillside. Where are you coming from?

Closest LIRR to me is Jamaica station, no they did not provide a timetable. They only provided an S&D preview and a invitation letter with the address 93-59 183rd street, Hollis NY, at Hillside support facility stating to be there at 8:00am sharp. That’s why I assumed driving was best. 

5 hours ago, IronHorse said:

G3t to Jamaica station and take a train east to Hillside.  They leave off of track 8.  Ask the usher.  It's a 4 minute ride to hillside from Jamaica. Give yourself extra time

Thanks! I took my chances of driving and found parking by arcade ave. Def will be taking the train in 5 weeks to avoid hunting for parking

Not sure how many people on here were in the S&D overview but damn. New respect for those that passed, finished creating all my cards and spent the whole evening trying to memorize the first 6 definitions and feel like I’m not getting anywhere. 

placing it verbatim is the struggle. Highly discouraged right now, feel like I wasted a day of studying time.

53 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Not sure how many people on here were in the S&D overview but damn. New respect for those that passed, finished creating all my cards and spent the whole evening trying to memorize the first 6 definitions and feel like I’m not getting anywhere. 

placing it verbatim is the struggle. Highly discouraged right now, feel like I wasted a day of studying time.

I never did more then like 4 definitions a day, maybe start with signals, if you do stop signal and restricting before you know it you got about 15 down in a matter of 30 min, just a little confidence boost lol. but keep at it I felt like that when I started too, you got 5 weeks use all the time you can to study

Good luck! 

1 hour ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Toughest thing I had to do in my life, 3-4 hours a day keep grinding, 4 deffinitions and 6-7 signals a day, that will leave you with like a week and a half for review, you can do it !

2 hours ago, snoopys16 said:

how's everyone's background checks going? 

@Cdima123 did you get an email yet for background check? 

I got an email from Linda asking if I was still interested in the position which I replied yes to , she she that I would then revive the sterling email, I haven’t yet, gonna wait till Monday then Email her again