LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

Has anyone on here been delayed by work verification/paperwork discrepancies? Was contacted a few days before the Nov 9th S&D overview and was asked  correct something on my paperwork. Was told due to the hold up I was not being invited to the overview. Pretty disappointed and hoping this will not be a huge set back... anyone know if there are more S&D overviews coming up in the near future? 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dn6791 said:

Has anyone on here been delayed by work verification/paperwork discrepancies? Was contacted a few days before the Nov 9th S&D overview and was asked  correct something on my paperwork. Was told due to the hold up I was not being invited to the overview. Pretty disappointed and hoping this will not be a huge set back... anyone know if there are more S&D overviews coming up in the near future? 

I didnt know they look into anything concerning backgrounds until sterling does it AFTER you pass sd test? Does your resume match your job application 100%?? i know they are strict with everything matching.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Edited by Suffolkbull3

When I had applied for Metro North a while back, they wouldn't give me an interview until they were able to verify a mismatch on my application. I was working for Academy Bus but the particular garage that I was at, was under a DBA name: #22 Hillside. 22 Hillside was the name on my paychecks, although they also had the Academy logo on it. So I had to give them my paystubs, explain the relationship between the two and provide contact info to the managers. It took a week or so to get everything done.

On 11/11/2018 at 12:10 PM, dn6791 said:

I didn't get delayed but I did receive a call early in the morning around 6am asking me about my job history when I was going through the process. It was a simple fix in my case, so she sent me an overview invite on the same day.

Hi everyone, I passed my sd test in july and sterling just finished my background check today. Can anyone tell me whats next exactly? I know we have to do medical but as far as our background goes, does linda or anyone from the lirr contact us to let us know if we passed or failed the background check? when can i expect an email or letter in the mail? thank you.

23 hours ago, Noob said:

I didn't get delayed but I did receive a call early in the morning around 6am asking me about my job history when I was going through the process. It was a simple fix in my case, so she sent me an overview invite on the same day.

was it because your lirr job application did not match your resume? Or did the lirr actually look into it?

On 11/11/2018 at 2:15 PM, Suffolkbull3 said:

I didnt know they look into anything concerning backgrounds until sterling does it AFTER you pass sd test? Does your resume match your job application 100%?? i know they are strict with everything matching.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

That’s weird I never heard of that too.. but it has to be something else because they sit down with you before the interview and go through your resume with you so it’s not like you would miss something unless it was something that wasn’t mentioned.

1 hour ago, Mlad18 said:

That’s weird I never heard of that too.. but it has to be something else because they sit down with you before the interview and go through your resume with you so it’s not like you would miss something unless it was something that wasn’t mentioned.

what interview are you talking about that they sit down with you and go through your resume? are u talking about the open house? if so during the open house i went to, we took the initial exam, they called out all the people who failed, then those that passed had to take the math portion and after we passed the math portion, that is when we were interviewed and went over resume and job application. did u have a different process at your open house mlad?

On 11/12/2018 at 12:40 PM, Noob said:

Basically what happened was , last year I went for MTA bus operator. I went through the  few days of training and did not pass the final driving test.  Didnt get the job. I asked at the open house if I should put this down on my resume & application and was told I should not. Then, a few days before the November 9th S&D overview I get an email asking me to add it to my application & resume and send it back - but that I would not receive an invite to the S&D overview because of the delay. I wish I would have been asked to fix it sooner but as long as I'm still in the running I am happy. I just hope there are more S&D overviews coming up soon and wont have to wait several months longer now. Looks like as it is folks who are hitting all their milestones on time have a long waiting process ahead of them as it is so ... yeah just a little disheartened at having more time added to mine. 

19 hours ago, Suffolkbull3 said:

what interview are you talking about that they sit down with you and go through your resume? are u talking about the open house? if so during the open house i went to, we took the initial exam, they called out all the people who failed, then those that passed had to take the math portion and after we passed the math portion, that is when we were interviewed and went over resume and job application. did u have a different process at your open house mlad?

Same thing but they made sure there weren’t any gaps in between employment

3 hours ago, hezzyko33 said:

Has anyone from the May S&D exam hear back about their background check and a medical? 

I took mine in July and I just submitted all my paperwork for the background, Linda said something about a possible class starting 1-9, but originally said a date for 2-13, all tentative tho 

I not only hate passing by a LIRR train because it reminds me of how I failed the second portion of the test, but I also have a profound new respect for every RR conductor outside the city. 

Maybe next time, maybe not- congrats to everyone that made it that day, study hard!! =D

4 only from the previous class stayed on? wow...

Hi everyone.. i passed my sd test in july and i was wondering if anyone has heard anything about any upcoming classes at all? im starting to get nervous being that its almost 5 months and i have still yet to hear anything at all about any upcoming classes. Can someone please let me know if there is any word or even rumors about upcoming classes. thank u all.

11 minutes ago, Mikey23 said:

Hi everyone.. i passed my sd test in july and i was wondering if anyone has heard anything about any upcoming classes at all? im starting to get nervous being that its almost 5 months and i have still yet to hear anything at all about any upcoming classes. Can someone please let me know if there is any word or even rumors about upcoming classes. thank u all.

I just received my medical exam date for 12/12 for the class apparently starting 1/9, time to hit those flash cards again, I passed In July as well

12 minutes ago, Cdima123 said:

I just received my medical exam date for 12/12 for the class apparently starting 1/9, time to hit those flash cards again, I passed In July as well

When did you get the email about ur medical exam? can u tell me the exact date of that email? ok so hopefully i get an email about my physical as well and start in the jan class with you. 

3 hours ago, Mikey23 said:

I passed in May and my medical is scheduled for the week of 12/10. I should be in class with Cdima on 1/9. I haven’t heard of any other class dates yet. 

3 hours ago, Cdima123 said:

Hope to see you in class on 1/9. I started the flash cards again this week. I haven’t hit the definitions yet but the signals are coming back to me.