LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

3 hours ago, LIRR 154 said:

I don’t know. They probably will look into your past or they probably won’t. I don’t mean to get into your business but I hope there was a reasonable explanation for your poor attendance. Reporting for jobs at the RR are on a different level from Transit. Your first year will not be easy.

I’m aware but I’m a B/O they hammer us with trips, mta has a strict attendance policy all around, 5 instances in 1 year & your on sick control & they don’t let use take days off unless it’s 90 days in advance, do you think I should notify lirr during my orientation interview ? On the application it says give attendance & discipline records “ at your earliest convience “?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Handsomeheff said:

I’m aware but I’m a B/O they hammer us with trips, mta has a strict attendance policy all around, 5 instances in 1 year & your on sick control & they don’t let use take days off unless it’s 90 days in advance, do you think I should notify lirr during my orientation interview ? On the application it says give attendance & discipline records “ at your earliest convience “?

Those solely up to you.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Two2Go said:

It's crazy. I'd like to work a relief day now and then...they need to slow it down lol

I honestly don’t know why they’re hiring so much. They already have just about 20 people hanging each day. I  don’t see this huge retirement coming that soon. Same with the Engineers with 2 or more Lone Rangers . ESA isn’t nowhere near done.  We will see

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone clear something up for me. I’m studying the engine whistles/horn signals and communicating signals do we need to know the letter or number before the sound or indication. Example 

B. OOO

1. When standing; back. Answer to 12d and 16 c

2. When running; answer to 16c 

29 minutes ago, fd87 said:

Can someone clear something up for me. I’m studying the engine whistles/horn signals and communicating signals do we need to know the letter or number before the sound or indication. Example 

B. OOO

1. When standing; back. Answer to 12d and 16 c

2. When running; answer to 16c 

Not really, no. The only one that ever gets referenced by rule number is 14L (- - o -) which is a horn sequence used very frequently. 14L has a very long indication, they'll tell you in class which parts you need to know verbatim and which parts you just need to "know".

1 minute ago, Two2Go said:

Not really, no. The only one that ever gets referenced by rule number is 14L (- - o -) which is a horn sequence used very frequently. 14L has a very long indication, they'll tell you in class which parts you need to know verbatim and which parts you just need to "know".

Ok perfect thank you for your help.

2 hours ago, fd87 said:

Can someone please tell me for rule 14 - - O - do we need to know the whole entire indication verbatim or only certain parts?? 

Nah, don't sweat it.  Your instructor will tell you what you need to know.  I learned it verbatim......waste  of f'ing time

4 minutes ago, IronHorse said:

Nah, don't sweat it.  Your instructor will tell you what you need to know.  I learned it verbatim......waste  of f'ing time

Wow really. I wish they would of told us that. Thanks Ironhorse. Just cleared my medical on Friday start class on the feb 13th!