LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, fd87 said:

Wow really. I wish they would of told us that. Thanks Ironhorse. Just cleared my medical on Friday start class on the feb 13th! 

Ya got 2 weeks roughly to learn assistant Conductor book of rules which includes all signals, definitions, and those pesky horns & buzzers so if you know em mostly goin into class you got more room to learn the new stuff they gonna jam down ya throat.  Good luck

I took my medical this past friday 1/18/19 and this morning at 7:48am i received an email from Linda that i cleared my medical!!! Its official finallllyyyyyyy!!!!!!

My official first day with LIRR is Feb 13th!!!

BOOOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAA!!!

Sooooooo EXCITED and SUPER stoked!!! 

17 hours ago, Suffolkbull3 said:

I took my medical this past friday 1/18/19 and this morning at 7:48am i received an email from Linda that i cleared my medical!!! Its official finallllyyyyyyy!!!!!!

My official first day with LIRR is Feb 13th!!!

BOOOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAA!!!

Sooooooo EXCITED and SUPER stoked!!! 

Congrats when did you take the test and another some rules have been changed and added and some signals replaced and definitions reworded. My book of rules is In 1 week lol one word you hear a lot in class is verbatim

6 hours ago, Mlad18 said:

Congrats when did you take the test and another some rules have been changed and added and some signals replaced and definitions reworded. My book of rules is In 1 week lol one word you hear a lot in class is verbatim

Whats up Mlad... i passed my test July 16th.  Not sure what that means for me? My first day of class is Feb 13th

2 hours ago, Sean said:

How long does it take to receive the conditional offer letter after you receive an email saying you cleared medical?

For me it was the following day, but this was back in 2016, and class started 11 days after receiving the offer letter. If the next class isn't scheduled yet, there is probably less urgency for them to send it to you.

On 2/8/2019 at 2:46 AM, Sean said:

How long does it take to receive the conditional offer letter after you receive an email saying you cleared medical?

I recieved an email from Linda on 1/24/19 saying i cleared medical. Then i received an email from michelle with the conditional offer letter on 1/25/19. So it was the very next day for me. I start class feb 13th 

I thought this would be important to share in this thread... I am starting class 2/13/19.

I called Linda up last week to ask her if it would be possible for me to be put into the next class instead of starting in the feb class. I told her the current situation i have going on which is why i was asking to be put into the next class. She totally sympathized with me but told me that there is a FREEZE and she has no idea when the next class will even be so i have to be in the feb class if i want the job.

I only have a basic idea of what a freeze is. Can anyone shed some light on what a “Freeze” actually means? how long will the freeze last? 

6 minutes ago, Suffolkbull3 said:

I thought this would be important to share in this thread... I am starting class 2/13/19.

I called Linda up last week to ask her if it would be possible for me to be put into the next class instead of starting in the feb class. I told her the current situation i have going on which is why i was asking to be put into the next class. She totally sympathized with me but told me that there is a FREEZE and she has no idea when the next class will even be so i have to be in the feb class if i want the job.

I only have a basic idea of what a freeze is. Can anyone shed some light on what a “Freeze” actually means? how long will the freeze last? 

It means "now or never".  $$ is drying up and you may never get called or get called after freeze however it's not a wise move to ignore the opportunity.  

31 minutes ago, IronHorse said:

It means "now or never".  $$ is drying up and you may never get called or get called after freeze however it's not a wise move to ignore the opportunity.  

Yup, thats exactly why my butt will be in the chair on feb 13 lol.

Do you think that this feb class will be the last class for awhile? 

Edited by Suffolkbull3

I will be starting classes 2/13 as well. I got the call from Linda 1/28. Went for the medical on 1/30. Cleared medical and background last Wednesday. I also asked Linda if I can take the next class instead of the 2/13 class. She did mention there will be a hiring freeze after this so I told her I'll be in the 2/13 class since who knows when I'll ever be called for the next class.

36 minutes ago, Sean said:

Does anyone here live in NJ? Trying to see if it’s possible to commute from NJ or if I need to move. I live right off the bridges but still it takes some time to get to penn station.

It depends I’m in training right now my class starts at 6:30 I live 20 mins away from hillside and I still have to get up at 4:30 just to catch the trains I need to get there 45 mins before so I cant even imagine the time you have to get up to get there on time.

7 hours ago, Sean said:

I will be starting classes 2/13 as well. I got the call from Linda 1/28. Went for the medical on 1/30. Cleared medical and background last Wednesday. I also asked Linda if I can take the next class instead of the 2/13 class. She did mention there will be a hiring freeze after this so I told her I'll be in the 2/13 class since who knows when I'll ever be called for the next class.

If you dont mind me asking, when did you pass the S&D test?