LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

Does anyone know what the health care contribution is?  last I heard was 3% but unsure.  also if anyone with inside knowledge knows if there are any copays with rr insurance or is it fully covered?   thanks!

Edited by dremoney9972

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CT,

yes, exactly, which is why I don't understand others on this board wanting to get ahead of themselves and procure material that hasn't been given to them directly by the railroad. it's not rocket science, just good old fashioned studying and committing to memory. I'd say a bit more involved than studying for a standardized exam but nothing that's not doable. be patient people, it will all come and you'll do fine in the allotted time frame. no need to try getting ahead of the game and possibly wasting your time by studying the incorrect stuff. yes they definitions might not change much year over year but like I said all it take is one word and the definition is wrong. Looking forward to a new class of conductors and I echo the sentiment, good luck to all!

Everyone study habits are different if they want to study early let em some people need more time then others especially if you dont know how to study.

My son just passed the Signals and Definitions test on March 22nd. He said about 45 people showed up to take test and only 15 made it. He had the final interview and got fitted for uniforms. All thats left is background and medical screening. Assuming everything else goes well he expects to start training next month. Its a long process..he's initial call from the RR was in January.

I did a lot of studying with him..make those flashcards ASAP and make studying them your only purpose in life until the test (easier said then done I know).

Congrats to you and your son I also passed that same day I was one of the 15 did he by any chance hear back for the medical and any idea when the next class might take place thank again the name is Cesar btw

Awfully quiet here now. I wasn't pulled for April 18th group S&D so I got my damn fingers crossed for the May one. So far it seems none of you here saying were called went to March 8th open house so hope for the best. Anyone else keep me posted.

Awfully quiet here now. I wasn't pulled for April 18th group S&D so I got my damn fingers crossed for the May one. So far it seems none of you here saying were called went to March 8th open house so hope for the best. Anyone else keep me posted.

Same boat as you Ironhourse! I was at the Feb 23 Openhouse. Haven't seen much on here from 3/8 at all. So hopefully we still have a shot. especially since I have the definitions down. lol - starting the signals this weekend. Keep us posted,...

Same boat as you Ironhourse! I was at the Feb 23 Openhouse. Haven't seen much on here from 3/8 at all. So hopefully we still have a shot. especially since I have the definitions down. lol - starting the signals this weekend. Keep us posted,...

Hey Cappi,

How long it take you to get those definitions down pat??

For me, almost 2 months. But I have been moving at my own pace. I sometimes go 3-5 days with out looking at them. Then spend hours doing them. Work is crazy for me. And other obligations so it's been a slow go. Plus. I haven't been called back. So just doing them at my convenience. 5 weeks would be a stressful cram job for me.

Hey Cappi, IronHorse,

Anything yet from LIRR?  the waiting must be killer I know I wracked my brains waiting for the call, and it was just a huge relief when it finally came.  hopefully you guys get the call soon to continue with this process, how many more s&d overviews this year after April 18th? 

Hey Cappi, IronHorse,

Anything yet from LIRR?  the waiting must be killer I know I wracked my brains waiting for the call, and it was just a huge relief when it finally came.  hopefully you guys get the call soon to continue with this process, how many more s&d overviews this year after April 18th? 

nothing yet,..but I'm assuming may calls won't come for a few weeks,...its definitely tough waiting

I dont know if this is a good or bad sign but it says we still may be under review. There is also a Locomotive Engineer posting up there. I put in for it just in case,...

Good looks to all you that made the S&D overview class today! Hopefully the rest of us get May invite, but.....only time will tell. Anyway, get studying asap!

IronHorse,..(Lou G? lol) do you know the exact date of the May overview? I thought I saw someone say the 23rd?