LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, I've been following for some time now. I actually just took the s&d last Wednesday with newyorkgrom, we both past. For you guys that are taking the test tomorrow, if you put in the hours to study you will pass with no problem. we had a 22 people show up for the test and about 5 or 6 people got up in the middle of the test and walked out, 11 of us passed. The best advice I can give is try and remember which words are plural and which aren't and try and remember which definitions say from which, at which, in which, upon which. It sounds crazy but that was the trickiest part of the test.

Hey everyone, I've been following for some time now. I actually just took the s&d last Wednesday with newyorkgrom, we both past. For you guys that are taking the test tomorrow, if you put in the hours to study you will pass with no problem. we had a 22 people show up for the test and about 5 or 6 people got up in the middle of the test and walked out, 11 of us passed. The best advice I can give is try and remember which words are plural and which aren't and try and remember which definitions say from which, at which, in which, upon which. It sounds crazy but that was the trickiest part of the test.

Congrats to you and Newyorkgom!! I'm all set. Any additional info you can share about your experience with the panel interview specifically. How'd it go, etc..?

The panel interview was pretty weird. They read out a scenario and ask you how you would handle it. Like you are in a train and two rowdy passengers start arguing and threatening eachother, how would you handle it. Just be sure to keep mentioning passenger safety. The people doing the interview will hint at what they want you to say until you actually say it.

The panel interview was pretty weird. They read out a scenario and ask you how you would handle it. Like you are in a train and two rowdy passengers start arguing and threatening eachother, how would you handle it. Just be sure to keep mentioning passenger safety. The people doing the interview will hint at what they want you to say until you actually say it.

Thanks for that!

Damn people walked out? Looks like they underestimated how much hours you had to put in to study

Alright, listen up folks. 1st, I got a f'ing 100!! Oh yeahhhh. 2nd, all 3 classes are completely filled already. Not sure if anyone on here Fed has already taken drug test but anyone from my class is looking at 2nd week of January, guaranteed spot. Only an act of god, like someone failing a drug test or physical would free up 1 spot at this point. We had about 38 heads, only 14 passed. I'm going to celebrate my 100!

Also.....the key indicator to know you getting in a class soon is if linda sends you for a drug test. Its only good for 30 day window, so if you have taken or will take drug test you know they got you pegged to be in a class within the 30 day window, thats the rules!!! Good luck folks.

Nice! Congrats!

Thanks bro!