LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I decided to go. I read all 60 pages of this thread but still want to know is there anything I should know to prepare for the interview and test ??

Do they do credit check and can that prevent you from getting job?

I think they do a simple credit check but i didn't see that on my official background check. Don't think that plays a big part. I could be wrong but haven't heard of that preventing a hire yet. Watch out for the Cognitive Abilities test at overview. Google how to pass IQ test. It's designed a certain way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.. new to this..

went to the open house on 9/15, emailed HR for a follow up on 9/27 & received the email on 9/29 to attend the signal & Definition overview for 10/17 ... I know I have a long road ahead of me lol.

read all the posts under this thread.. was very helpful and gave me a lot of insight. 

17 minutes ago, gg22 said:

Hello.. new to this..

went to the open house on 9/15, emailed HR for a follow up on 9/27 & received the email on 9/29 to attend the signal & Definition overview for 10/17 ... I know I have a long road ahead of me lol.

read all the posts under this thread.. was very helpful and gave me a lot of insight. 

Good for you!  5 weeks to the day from Overview to remember 126 signals and 72 definitions.  Lose your personal life, forget the holidays, and stop partying.....and you'll do fine!!  Haha

5 hours ago, gg22 said:

Hello.. new to this..

I have the same exact timeline. see you on 10/17

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I went to the S&D Overview on Oct 2nd and now I have the test on the 6th of November.  What were everyone's study habits? I'm personally studying 5 definitions, and 10 signals a day.  Then I'll review my flashcards at the end of my night.  I'm curious to know the study habits of those who passed the exam.  Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Cruzerroo said:

Hey all, I went to the S&D Overview on Oct 2nd and now I have the test on the 6th of November.  What were everyone's study habits? I'm personally studying 5 definitions, and 10 signals a day.  Then I'll review my flashcards at the end of my night.  I'm curious to know the study habits of those who passed the exam.  Thanks!

That's a good average!  If you're not having any trouble, keep plowing thru, but always review what you've learned daily.  Do not let it slip.  I studied def's 1st and then moved to signals but kept reviewing daily everything.  Have people quiz you verbally.  Write some harder def's/indications down though as practice because test will be written.  5 weeks go quickkkkkk.

On 9/28/2017 at 9:16 PM, IronHorse said:

Where did all the AC's go??  Sooooo quiet.  

I have seen a bunch of red flags around, so i assume you guys are out now mentoring.  Probably a shock to the system, realizing how things work outside of the classroom and in the real world.  Listen to your mentors!! Act like a sponge, absorb everything!! (try, at least lol)  just wait till your first day and are thrown out to the wolves on your own.  Scary, but its the only way you will learn.  Focus on getting off probation, studying is the easy part.  Winter is going to suck for you guys.  Try and stay positive.  

12 hours ago, bp98 said:

I have seen a bunch of red flags around, so i assume you guys are out now mentoring.  Probably a shock to the system, realizing how things work outside of the classroom and in the real world.  Listen to your mentors!! Act like a sponge, absorb everything!! (try, at least lol)  just wait till your first day and are thrown out to the wolves on your own.  Scary, but its the only way you will learn.  Focus on getting off probation, studying is the easy part.  Winter is going to suck for you guys.  Try and stay positive.  

You got it BP, thanks for the encouragement!

On 10/15/2017 at 1:19 AM, bp98 said:

you sure about that?

Test time is due in over a week.  I'm finishing up the last 20 definitions this week which I should have down pact by Thursday.  I have this weekend and the rest of next week/weekend until test time.  Any tips on finalizing my review of the materiel?  I was thinking of making mock up tests and performing a practice test (hand written, obviously.) to reinforce the materiel.  Any other suggestions people did for the last week before test time? thanks!

On 10/24/2017 at 4:21 PM, Cruzerroo said:

Test time is due in over a week.  I'm finishing up the last 20 definitions this week which I should have down pact by Thursday.  I have this weekend and the rest of next week/weekend until test time.  Any tips on finalizing my review of the materiel?  I was thinking of making mock up tests and performing a practice test (hand written, obviously.) to reinforce the materiel.  Any other suggestions people did for the last week before test time? thanks!

Anyone??