LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 12:46 PM, Jojo1387 said:

Thank you that makes me feel better, I emailed her too, I felt bad about it, I didn’t want to bother her but the anticipation is killing me

Jojo let me know if you get an email for medical and likewise I will let you know if I get one!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/7/2017 at 9:52 PM, Tk0630 said:

Does anyone know the process for the  medical exam? and what exactly you need to do for it?

Quick physical test:

1) First simulation was climbing up and down a ladder off the ground to a platform and vice versa which duplicates a train climb

2) Second simulation was pulling a weight pulley (cant remember how heavy it was but nothing to worry about) towards you with both hands to simulate being able to opening car doors

3) Third simulation was walking over a mat which had rocks underneath with beams to duplicate walking over a track/uneven surface. Also have you step over a obstacle to show you can step over the third rail.

Vision test, urine test, hearing test, blood pressure....thats all there is to it. Dont think im forgetting anything.

On 12/13/2017 at 9:53 PM, swilli said:

Did anyone from the 11/28 open house get emailed about the S&D overview yet?

I was at the Open House on 11/28 as well and passed everything and am still awaiting that email to the S&D overview as well!  Glad to know I am not the only one waiting.  I see that they had another open house on 12/8, so I guess they are waiting for all of them to be over before invitations to go out for the S&D overview. Not sure if that was the last open house or not though.  

9 hours ago, Cross18 said:

I was at the Open House on 11/28 as well and passed everything and am still awaiting that email to the S&D overview as well!  Glad to know I am not the only one waiting.  I see that they had another open house on 12/8, so I guess they are waiting for all of them to be over before invitations to go out for the S&D overview. Not sure if that was the last open house or not though.  

Yeah I agree that they were probably waiting till that second open house was was over to send out the emails.

7 hours ago, Burner11801 said:

Just got it

I it too around 2:30 today

On 12/11/2017 at 11:58 PM, GUNLOB90089 said:

Quick physical test:

1) First simulation was climbing up and down a ladder off the ground to a platform and vice versa which duplicates a train climb

2) Second simulation was pulling a weight pulley (cant remember how heavy it was but nothing to worry about) towards you with both hands to simulate being able to opening car doors

3) Third simulation was walking over a mat which had rocks underneath with beams to duplicate walking over a track/uneven surface. Also have you step over a obstacle to show you can step over the third rail.

Vision test, urine test, hearing test, blood pressure....thats all there is to it. Dont think im forgetting anything.

Is there a hair test at any point through this process or is it only urine 

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:14 PM, GUNLOB90089 said:

Been a bit quiet in here. How is everyone doing in the process so far? Any new hires already on the field? How was the first day/weeks?

Gun bunch of us including myself who took the S&D exam on Nov 6th are still anxiously waiting for that medical email. Hoping we will all be in February class!!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year everyone. I'm new to the forum and I only see 1 forum regarding Block Operator Trainee. I was thinking if the Signal and Definition exam is same as the Assistant Conductor Trainee. I'm going for the Overview on 01/31/2018.

On 1/3/2018 at 3:37 PM, Noob said:

Happy New Year everyone. I'm new to the forum and I only see 1 forum regarding Block Operator Trainee. I was thinking if the Signal and Definition exam is same as the Assistant Conductor Trainee. I'm going for the Overview on 01/31/2018.

relied to your post

On 4/18/2017 at 3:24 PM, Cappi10 said:

I dont know if this is a good or bad sign but it says we still may be under review. There is also a Locomotive Engineer posting up there. I put in for it just in case,...

Did you hear anything back from them  on the Loco Engineer application yet?