Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
CGeorge

LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

Recommended Posts

Attended the S&D Overview today. It’s time to start studying!! Wow, that’s a lot of material. The signal section looked a little more overwhelming than I expected. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JHP87 said:

Attended the S&D Overview today. It’s time to start studying!! Wow, that’s a lot of material. The signal section looked a little more overwhelming than I expected. 

Stick to it. Put time in and you can do it. It’s not hard , it’s all memorization.

Good Luck

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2018 at 2:23 PM, LIRR 154 said:

Stick to it. Put time in and you can do it. It’s not hard , it’s all memorization.

Good Luck

Thanks for the advice. Sorry for the delayed response, I’ve been studying non-stop in my spare time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates from the 4/6 orientation? I passed the exams but haven’t heard anything yet. I know they said May 15 is the s&d orientation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2018 at 11:41 AM, Two2Go said:

 I'm not aware of anyone ever failing out of class because of Air Brake or Tickets, but I'm sure it's possible. Again, the training instructors do a very good job with making sure everyone knows exactly what is expected of them with regards to the exams. 

AC18-2 had 3 ac’s fail rules and 1 ac fail air brake. 

Air brake is definitely easier but the prospect of an easier topic shouldn’t lull any ac’s into a sense of security. 

 

Study study study. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Burner11801 said:

AC18-2 had 3 ac’s fail rules and 1 ac fail air brake. 

Air brake is definitely easier but the prospect of an easier topic shouldn’t lull any ac’s into a sense of security. 

 

Study study study. 

OMG, you guys lost someone to Airbrake.........that's a 1st!  How the hell did they pass rules and fail airbrake.  Jimmy Boyle must've been soooooo mad!

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IronHorse said:

OMG, you guys lost someone to Airbrake.........that's a 1st!  How the hell did they pass rules and fail airbrake.  Jimmy Boyle must've been soooooo mad!

Looooooool wasn’t my class but I could imagine he was highly disappointed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Burner11801 said:

Looooooool wasn’t my class but I could imagine he was highly disappointed 

Minus 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my invite for May 15. Anyone know of any web sites that can help with studying? I did a search and found a few sites with LIRR vocab but not sure if its real or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2018 at 3:07 PM, Burner11801 said:

AC18-2 had 3 ac’s fail rules and 1 ac fail air brake. 

Air brake is definitely easier but the prospect of an easier topic shouldn’t lull any ac’s into a sense of security. 

 

Study study study. 

Just spoke to one of their classmates.  He quit the day of graduation.  Passed everything, but decided that college was more important...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bp98 said:

Just spoke to one of their classmates.  He quit the day of graduation.  Passed everything, but decided that college was more important...

That annoys me to the fact he took that spot from someone who really wanted to become a conductor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2018 at 1:24 AM, bp98 said:

Just spoke to one of their classmates.  He quit the day of graduation.  Passed everything, but decided that college was more important...

So 3- rules

1- air brake

1-found another opportunity 

yikes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Burner11801 said:

So 3- rules

1- air brake

1-found another opportunity 

yikes. 

No, the guy who supposedly failed air brake just quit at graduation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, 

I am new to this forum, but I have been following this fourm on the low ever since i attended the  A/C Trainee open house in Mid-February. I passed the Intial exams, and interviews. Then studied my butt off, and passed the signals and definitions exams, which was a sigh of relief. I feel like I did well on the panel interview. I was interveiwed by Linda Oliver and another gentlemen who I believe was the superintendent. It’s been exactly seventeen days, this is the third week, and I haven’t heard any feedback. Can anybody provide some kind of insight? I sent a thank you email on April 18, the day after the exam and interview. Ms. Oliver replied w/ a smiley face which made me feel very confident. But up until this point, I have received no feedback. I’ve thought about sending another email, but I don’t want to send a premature email and jeapordize anything. Also twenty people took the exam, only eight of us passed. So at this point I’m not quite sure. I would really appreciate it if somebody can give me some insight, before I send Ms. Oliver another email. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PotentialAcCandidate said:

Hi everyone, 

I am new to this forum, but I have been following this fourm on the low ever since i attended the  A/C Trainee open house in Mid-February. I passed the Intial exams, and interviews. Then studied my butt off, and passed the signals and definitions exams, which was a sigh of relief. I feel like I did well on the panel interview. I was interveiwed by Linda Oliver and another gentlemen who I believe was the superintendent. It’s been exactly seventeen days, this is the third week, and I haven’t heard any feedback. Can anybody provide some kind of insight? I sent a thank you email on April 18, the day after the exam and interview. Ms. Oliver replied w/ a smiley face which made me feel very confident. But up until this point, I have received no feedback. I’ve thought about sending another email, but I don’t want to send a premature email and jeapordize anything. Also twenty people took the exam, only eight of us passed. So at this point I’m not quite sure. I would really appreciate it if somebody can give me some insight, before I send Ms. Oliver another email. Thanks.

Leave it alone. You’ll hear something. Believe me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LIRR 154 said:

Leave it alone. You’ll hear something. Believe me.

@LIRR 154 I really appreciate your timely response. I will definitely wait it out. But according to what others have said in this form, they received feedback much sooner. Would you happen to know when the next upcoming classes are? Also what is the average timeframe to receive feedback?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LIRR 154 said:

Leave it alone. You’ll hear something. Believe me.

This. Milk your free time because once you’re in class it’s go time 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2018 at 12:56 AM, bp98 said:

No, the guy who supposedly failed air brake just quit at graduation.  

If he failed air brake how did he graduate. 

Doesnt pass the smell test. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PotentialAcCandidate said:

@LIRR 154 I really appreciate your timely response. I will definitely wait it out. But according to what others have said in this form, they received feedback much sooner. Would you happen to know when the next upcoming classes are? Also what is the average timeframe to receive feedback?

There's no average timeframe, it's different for everyone based on where HR is in the process of filling classes. The last class started at the end of February, no new classes have started yet. They almost never start classes in the summer, so you may not hear anything until during the summer for a class starting in September. Just keep studying your signals and definitions so you don't forget them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning. I applied on the website earlier in February for assistant conductor trainee. I haven’t gotten a response. I see that people have already started the process. I am over here wondering where is my letter. 🧐😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.