LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JHP87 said:

Good luck to anyone taking the S&D test with me tomorrow. I know the material inside and out, now I just have to execute. Soooo happy the test is finally here. Let’s do this!!!!  

What was some of your tricks you used to remember the material 

10 hours ago, JHP87 said:

Good luck to anyone taking the S&D test with me tomorrow. I know the material inside and out, now I just have to execute. Soooo happy the test is finally here. Let’s do this!!!!  

good luck. just don't be late.

I’m surprised the test wasn’t as hard as I expected it to be 12 of us passed.if anything the panel interview was the hardest thing all day and I wonder if the questionnaire test they did was a new thing there was no mention of it in the forums. 

20 minutes ago, Mlad18 said:

I’m surprised the test wasn’t as hard as I expected it to be 12 of us passed.if anything the panel interview was the hardest thing all day and I wonder if the questionnaire test they did was a new thing there was no mention of it in the forums. 

How long did it take for you to finish the s&d test 

On 5/18/2018 at 6:28 PM, Two2Go said:

Yes, that's the format. 25 definitions, and 25 signals. So, something like:

BLOCK ____________________________

(picture of signal) NAME: ____________________________ INDICATION: ____________________________

You must get all of the signal names right. You must get at least 80% of the signal indications and the definitions right. 

thank you! time to start studying. I wish i was jobless so I have 16 hours  day to study lol

On 5/20/2018 at 9:00 AM, Kashmulla said:

What was some of your tricks you used to remember the material 

There’s really no tricks or gimmicks, it’s just associations I use I’m my head to try and remember. The key to passing the test is to study, study and study. There’s no way around it, just study every chance you get for 5 weeks and you should pass. You know wether or not your prepared once you sit down to take  test. 

On 5/19/2018 at 11:36 AM, PotentialAcCandidate said:

@Cgeorge Do you know when the next classes start?

Linda said there’s a class starting at the end of June and one at the end of August. 

25 minutes ago, JHP87 said:

There’s really no tricks or gimmicks, it’s just associations I use I’m my head to try and remember. The key to passing the test is to study, study and study. There’s no way around it, just study every chance you get for 5 weeks and you should pass. You know wether or not your prepared once you sit down to take  test. 

Congrats by the way I hope Im prepared In time to take the test I made some flash cards and reading everyday this is a new language for me .

16 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

So for the Temporary Speed Signs on my paper work there is no indications, Is that correct? It just has the different names i.e. Temporary Advance Speed-Limit Sign. So if we get that on the exam we leave indication blank?

More than likely you won’t get that question

1 hour ago, JHP87 said:

Oh, by the way I passed today!!! 36 people sat down to take the test, 14 walked out, 10 failed and 12 passed. 

It was crazy the way people was dropping Didn’t realize there was so much 

1 hour ago, thegameksk said:

So for the Temporary Speed Signs on my paper work there is no indications, Is that correct? It just has the different names i.e. Temporary Advance Speed-Limit Sign. So if we get that on the exam we leave indication blank?

They're not going to ask you for indications of aspects that don't have indications.

1 minute ago, Kashmulla said:

do anyone care to share what signals and definitions was on there s&d test ?

Thats classified information.  I wouldn't worry too much as mine was a piece of friggin cake.  Just know them all and you can't go wrong.  😁

2 minutes ago, IronHorse said:

Thats classified information.  I wouldn't worry too much as mine was a piece of friggin cake.  Just know them all and you can't go wrong.  😁

i had the signals down its just the word for word verbatim part thats killing me 

7 minutes ago, Kashmulla said:

i had the signals down its just the word for word verbatim part thats killing me 

Getting out of bed in the morning kills me.....bit ya know what, you've got one job right now, and thats to remember everything verbatim.  Now hit the books.

3 hours ago, Kashmulla said:

Yea I know what you mean what helped me was i broke down the definitions into parts because trying to study a whole sentence is too much..when’s your test?