LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

1 hour ago, misslo said:

OK OK. I never been on the LIRR it was my first time. Its ok. I was just joking. I'm over it. It's fine.

FYI it’s free if you show the conductors that you have an invite to the open house.

so if you get invited back or if you get called for another job there you go.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, NycHopeful718 said:

FYI it’s free if you show the conductors that you have an invite to the open house.

so if you get invited back or if you get called for another job there you go.

That's totally dependent on the conductor you get. I paid for all my rides to and from Hillside before I was an employee, and I'd be very reluctant to let a non-employee ride free. Obviously between Jamaica and Hillside it's free because there's no way to buy a ticket to or from Hillside...but if you're going from Penn to Hillside or from Penn to Babylon, I'd expect you to have a ticket or an employee pass.

49 minutes ago, Two2Go said:

That's totally dependent on the conductor you get. I paid for all my rides to and from Hillside before I was an employee, and I'd be very reluctant to let a non-employee ride free. Obviously between Jamaica and Hillside it's free because there's no way to buy a ticket to or from Hillside...but if you're going from Penn to Hillside or from Penn to Babylon, I'd expect you to have a ticket or an employee pass.

I live in Brooklyn. So I got it at Atlantic. A girl who was going to the open house I rode the train with told me Atlantic to Jamaica is free.

On 9/21/2018 at 9:28 PM, misslo said:

Well congrats to all. But that cognitive test part was bullshit. I would have still said it was BS even if I had gotten through. That part is scammy, also the timing of the whole thing. Nah I am side eyeing the whole process. I have done cognitive test before and this test aint it. I almost asked Ms. Oliver or whatever her name is if she can give me my $32.00 back. 

But Good luck to who passed :)  cuz if the S&D is no joke I am going to pray for yall.

1 hour ago, Ajay223 said:

Nope still waiting...from what I’m hearing the next classes are scheduled for sometime in 2019

During the Open House, Linda said that they are working on the scheduling of 2019 classes. I’m thinking you guys should be good to go sometime the beginning of next year. 

Edited by Rizz

50 minutes ago, Joeybats said:

What is the format for the S&D exam? How  many signals are on the test and how many definitions? 

Unless something has changed recently, they have 25 signals and 25 definitions on the test. They are random and could include repeats (for the signals).

For the signals, all they will give you is the picture of the signal (the "aspect"), you have to provide both the name of the signal and the indication of the signal. You must get 100% of the names correct in order to pass.

For the definitions, they will just provide you with the term, you have to provide the entire definition for that term. 

For both the indications and the definitions you have to get at least 80% correct to pass. The names, indications and definitions are all word-for-word verbatim. If anything is missing, added or changed from how it is displayed in the study packet, it is wrong.

Edited by Two2Go

3 hours ago, dn6791 said:

Has anyone who attended 9/21 open house received an email from HR yet? 

Nope. But from reading prior posts in this specific thread I can inference that those who get invited for the S&D overviews tend to receive their emails 3-4 days prior to the actual overview. For the October 10th overview, I think candidates should be receiving their invites either towards the end of this week or perhaps even the start of next week. As for those who will be put into the November 9th overview pool, there might be about a 4 week wait for that invite. Even though I haven't been expecting the invite for the past week it still doesn't stop me from checking my email every couple of hours though 😁. Excited for the process and I can't wait to get started 

12 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Anyone know the criteria of who they choose for the S&D overview? Is it based on the overall test grading and interview portion? Or just the interview?

I’m hoping it’s overall but then again I don’t think I did too bad on the interview. It seemed as if my interviewer was going down a checklist of general questions really fast, thinking back in the moment I could’ve gave better answers. They were about my past experience, and how I can cope with the A/C process. How did your interview go?

50 minutes ago, Sean said:

Just got email confirmation for S&D overview for 10-10 8:00 AM sharp at Hillside!

Congrats. Same here! Btw, a Sean from Jersey was sitting next to me at the overview. I had a blue suite on lol, this is def probably you! I'll see you there. 

10 hours ago, Rizz said:

I’m hoping it’s overall but then again I don’t think I did too bad on the interview. It seemed as if my interviewer was going down a checklist of general questions really fast, thinking back in the moment I could’ve gave better answers. They were about my past experience, and how I can cope with the A/C process. How did your interview go?

I believe I may have fumbled some words one one of the questions but other than that I believe I was solid. Same here with the interviewer, She went through a bunch of generic questions marking down keywords I was using. Hopefully things went well, no email for me for s&d.

Got back from the overview today and started to make the index cards. My hands are about to fall off from all the writing. For those who passed the exam, did you study the definitions first or the signals? Just trying to get an idea of what to study first.

44 minutes ago, Sean said:

Got back from the overview today and started to make the index cards. My hands are about to fall off from all the writing. For those who passed the exam, did you study the definitions first or the signals? Just trying to get an idea of what to study first.

Pick your poison, no difference.  I did definitions 1st cuz they were harder.  Signals you blow thru 10x quicker than defs.

3 hours ago, Sean said:

I recommend doing the signal names first, for a couple reasons. First, you must get 100% correct on the signal names, so they are the most important part of the test. They are also the easiest thing you have to study, so it's a nice confidence boost when you are able to get them all done in about a week. Once you have those down, move onto the signal indications, so you can put some meaning behind the signals you just learned. And then finally do the definitions. You may want to intersperse some definitions in with the indications and do them together.