LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

35 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Finally! Got the email for S&D overview, Hillside for Nov 9th 8:00am sharp.

is it recommended to drive or take the LIRR to Hillside? I’m not too familiar with the area. Also, is there an expected timeframe well be in the facility? I work mid-evening, wanted to know if I need to schedule time off or I can wing it through.

tia.

I was there til about 215 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/25/2018 at 5:50 PM, MTAHopeful813 said:

Finally! Got the email for S&D overview, Hillside for Nov 9th 8:00am sharp.

is it recommended to drive or take the LIRR to Hillside? I’m not too familiar with the area. Also, is there an expected timeframe well be in the facility? I work mid-evening, wanted to know if I need to schedule time off or I can wing it through.

tia.

Went a few weeks ago and there was a lot of parking through the streets, I would leave extra early just in case

On 10/24/2018 at 10:06 PM, Cdima123 said:

Did you also pass in May? I passed in July I’m just checking to see if there is some sort of order lol

Yea I passed in May  I believe you’re group was after mines but there’s no way to know what order. It all depends on how many people are in the hiring pool. We were told In may we be in by August 2018 so as you can see we are now slated for a January/feb class because she still doesn’t have the schedule. Just be patient it’ll come.

I wanted to ask what was the estimated time frame after passing your s&d exam do you get called to the academy, given you pass background, PE and all others in between? I have a newborn at home and wanted to scale out a time frame and get everything i need to together (babysitter, doc appointments, etc.) before things really speed up and go into motion.

as for the index card studying, for those that passed the s&d how many did you guys study? per-day/week/hours?  I was planning on creating the cards and studying 10 signals, 5 definitions using any downtime i can to review them per-day at work and while traveling to work, with the kid at home ill be lucky to get a glance at it to really drill it in my head.

cheers.

5 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

I wanted to ask what was the estimated time frame after passing your s&d exam do you get called to the academy, given you pass background, PE and all others in between? I have a newborn at home and wanted to scale out a time frame and get everything i need to together (babysitter, doc appointments, etc.) before things really speed up and go into motion.

as for the index card studying, for those that passed the s&d how many did you guys study? per-day/week/hours?  I was planning on creating the cards and studying 10 signals, 5 definitions using any downtime i can to review them per-day at work and while traveling to work, with the kid at home ill be lucky to get a glance at it to really drill it in my head.

cheers.

hey

There isn't any set time frame when you get called for the class, just whenever they have a schedule, but right now it seems really backed up some people passed in May and still waiting. 

As for studying I did about 7-10 definitions/signals a day and about 3-4 hours a day every day. 

4 minutes ago, snoopys16 said:

hey

There isn't any set time frame when you get called for the class, just whenever they have a schedule, but right now it seems really backed up some people passed in May and still waiting. 

As for studying I did about 7-10 definitions/signals a day and about 3-4 hours a day every day. 

Yeah I second that , I studied for 4 hours a day. I passsed in July I’m hoping to hear for next year around March / April. 

9 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

cheers.

Yea that’s fine what I did first though I broke down the definitions from longest to shortest once you get the long ones out the way the short ones becomes so easy. As for the time frame when the schedule comes out then you can pretty much see where you stand. Last year as someone mentioned 10 classes was the plan then it became 8 and only 5 was held. Now for next year plan is 6 they mentioned.

4 hours ago, snoopys16 said:

hey

4 hours ago, Cdima123 said:

Yeah I second that , I studied for 4 hours a day. I passsed in July I’m hoping to hear for next year around March / April. 

Awesome, thanks! At least that will give me some time to plan ahead when the time comes.

47 minutes ago, Mlad18 said:

Yea that’s fine what I did first though I broke down the definitions from longest to shortest once you get the long ones out the way the short ones becomes so easy. As for the time frame when the schedule comes out then you can pretty much see where you stand. Last year as someone mentioned 10 classes was the plan then it became 8 and only 5 was held. Now for next year plan is 6 they mentioned.

That’s insane, seems like there’s 2 classes that’s delayed. Adding us on would be 3 if things go right.

did you guys use any apps like quizlet? Flashcards+ to help? 

4 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Awesome, thanks! At least that will give me some time to plan ahead when the time comes.

That’s insane, seems like there’s 2 classes that’s delayed. Adding us on would be 3 if things go right.

did you guys use any apps like quizlet? Flashcards+ to help? 

Flash cards I never used anything else. Yea if the classes delayed then you could be looking at end of 2019 early 2020. It all depends on how much they get approved for.

12 hours ago, fd87 said:

Hi everyone. Anyone from the July S&D test that passed get any emails on a possible class date or background check?? Also those of you that passed in May how many passed in your class ??

12 of us passed were just now doing the background process.

Edited by Mlad18

58 minutes ago, Mlad18 said:

12 of us passed were just now doing the background process.

Do remember how many people per class they said??? Those of you that are in class right now how many people are in your classes? I think I remember them saying around 21 per class 

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for them to complete the background check? I passed sd in july and im still waiting for an email. I know a couple people who passed in july just got their background email yesterday. 

I am hoping that my email isnt that far away. 

Does anyone know the procedure the lirr does when picking people for a class? My cousin said 17 people passed with him and out of the 17 they were split into 3 different classes. I know they dont go by test scores as i scored a 100% on the test and one of the people in my class scored lower but yet got the email yesterday. I also know they dont go alphabetically nor do they go by date applied. Does anyone have any idea? This is weird.

1 hour ago, Cdima123 said:

Congrats! Who contacted you sterling?

the very first email this morning was from linda asking me if i was still interested in the position. I replied yes and then 5 min later i recieved the sterling email to start the background check. im still waiting on michelles email which i believe is consent and conditional offer. The people i spoke to have told me they recieved both the sterling email and michelles email hours apart..

When did you pass sd test? Have you heard anything since then?

Edited by Suffolkbull3

20 minutes ago, Suffolkbull3 said:

the very first email this morning was from linda asking me if i was still interested in the position. I replied yes and then 5 min later i recieved the sterling email to start the background check. im still waiting on michelles email which i believe is consent and conditional offer. The people i spoke to have told me they recieved both the sterling email and michelles email hours apart..

When did you pass sd test? Have you heard anything since then?

Nice, I passed July 16th

5 minutes ago, Suffolkbull3 said:

oh so we passed on the same day haha.. what score did u get? Have u recieved an email yet for background check?

Yes we did that’s why I’m getting worried , I didn’t see my score I thought they didn’t release them, I remember  they said they use to give scores but they stop doing that ,  and no I haven’t heard anything yet. I reached out to Linda yesterday via email and she replied to me this morning telling me that she is going through the applicants for February, she said to keep an eye out for an email or emails very soon, but I don’t know if she was referring to me or just in general

1 minute ago, Cdima123 said:

Yes we did that’s why I’m getting worried , I didn’t see my score I thought they didn’t release them, I remember  they said they use to give scores but they stop doing that ,  and no I haven’t heard anything yet. I reached out to Linda yesterday via email and she replied to me this morning telling me that she is going through the applicants for February, she said to keep an eye out for an email or emails very soon, but I don’t know if she was referring to me or just in general

Yea u have to ask linda for your score not that it really matters. I can tell u they dont go by score thats for sure. I got a 100 on the test but people who passed with us were picked for jan class and they didnt get a 100. People in jan class have been emailed and im guessing the people slates for feb class were emailed today. So you should without question be in the following class whenever that is. Linda said in her email she dont have the exact date for class starting but sometime in Feb she said.

2 minutes ago, Suffolkbull3 said:

Yea u have to ask linda for your score not that it really matters. I can tell u they dont go by score thats for sure. I got a 100 on the test but people who passed with us were picked for jan class and they didnt get a 100. People in jan class have been emailed and im guessing the people slates for feb class were emailed today. So you should without question be in the following class whenever that is. Linda said in her email she dont have the exact date for class starting but sometime in Feb she said.

Yeah I’ll just be waiting until then