LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next class isn't until January so you guys have some time to get things sorted.  Keep studying your S&D's.  

My background check just completed last week and I believe the next step is waiting on the S&D overview date. We have not received any study material yet. Is there anything I should be looking at in the meantime? Also, do you remember how long it took for them to contact you after the background check completed for the overview date?

My background check just completed last week and I believe the next step is waiting on the S&D overview date. We have not received any study material yet. Is there anything I should be looking at in the meantime? Also, do you remember how long it took for them to contact you after the background check completed for the overview date?

You cant really do anything until they email you the date with a sample of words and signals

The problem is that they throw a lot of info at you in a short period of time.  This means that you have to study at least 4 hrs a day every day while going through the book.  Some guys have no problem, other guys never really studied in their life so its a shock to them.  Totally depends on how much effort you put into it.  

Is it rocket science?  no.  Will you have to regurgitate things verbatim without totally understanding them?  Definitely.  

Got the overview email today. Are the sample definitions and signals ones that we will need to know for the exam? Just want to get a head start and begin studying those. Also, how many total of each will we be given at the overview? Is there anywhere to look to get a head start and begin studying them all?

Can anyone let me know if these are reliable and accurate to study from.

https://quizlet.com/21485846/lirr-definitions-1-64-flash-cards/

https://quizlet.com/79398679/lirr-signals-flash-cards/

I got invitation e-mail from LIRR. One of attach file (HR- Pre-Employment Reference Manual for Assistant Conductors 2015)is same as jak1234 posted. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have everything down pretty good for the S and D. I believe there is 75 definitions and 127 signals in my booklet. One question, I keep thinking my instructor told us we do not need to know zone A restricting for the test because it would be confusing with zone c restricting. Can anyone confirm or unconfirm?

I have everything down pretty good for the S and D. I believe there is 75 definitions and 127 signals in my booklet. One question, I keep thinking my instructor told us we do not need to know zone A restricting for the test because it would be confusing with zone c restricting. Can anyone confirm or unconfirm?

Actually, I guess it doesn't matter about the restricting thing since I learned all of them. I have a few questions.

1.When do they do a credit check? Is it done with the background check? I am a recent college graduate and the only thing I have to show for is making my student loan payments on time.

2.What are some examples of the panel interview questions so I can prepare if I am to pass. How exactly is it done?

Thanks.

Actually, I guess it doesn't matter about the restricting thing since I learned all of them. I have a few questions.

1.When do they do a credit check? Is it done with the background check? I am a recent college graduate and the only thing I have to show for is making my student loan payments on time.

2.What are some examples of the panel interview questions so I can prepare if I am to pass. How exactly is it done?

Thanks.

If i recall there was one restricting sign they told us to cross out cant remeber which one and i would guess they do the credit check with background that im not 100% on and the panel questions are pretty much customer service/ what would you do or how would you approach things questions

• 4 weeks later...