LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, misslo said:

Got invited to open house on the 16th.

Oh it said Monday May 16th at 8am, there's no such date in May. The Locomotive Open House is on May 6th at 8:15 *scratches head*

Well, what did you apply for Conductor or Engineer?  Reply to email to double check.

2 minutes ago, IronHorse said:

Well, what did you apply for Conductor or Engineer?  Reply to email to double check.

Both of them. Last year and this year. They sent out the invite quicker this year. This would be my second time going for the AC position though. First time getting an invite for the Locomotive Engineer.

Does anyone know if the hiring freeze that cancelled April's class is still in effect?  I'm hoping it doesn't affect the class that's supposed to start in the Fall; I'm really looking forward to getting on board...

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, NycHopeful718 said:

Has any one been invited to the June 6th open house? 

Whats the status on the hiring freeze etc?

I’m still waiting to be placed in a class. I took the S&D in February. I haven’t received any information regarding the hiring freeze 

18 hours ago, Jayy said:

I’m still waiting to be placed in a class. I took the S&D in February. I haven’t received any information regarding the hiring freeze 

Same for me. I passed the S&D in the beginning of March and still haven’t heard anything. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 10:50 PM, pac1132 said:

Can you give us any insight on how the open house went about? Thanks.

Very standard questions, take your time and you will pass. 

Its cognitive questions and vocabulary. Finally a math portion.

you really can’t prepare for it.

5 minutes ago, NycHopeful718 said:

Hey guys, I’m studying the S&D what is the best quizlet to review? Thanks 

The one you make yourself. Don't trust any others...plenty of definitions and signals have changed over the years, who knows what's correct.

12 hours ago, NycHopeful718 said:

Hey guys, I’m studying the S&D what is the best quizlet to review? Thanks 

Don’t be lazy, make index cards yourself, word for word , I did 7 signals and 4 definitions a day , leaves you about 2 weeks / a week and a half for a full review of them. That’s the best way in my opinion

9 hours ago, Cdima123 said:

Don’t be lazy, make index cards yourself, word for word , I did 7 signals and 4 definitions a day , leaves you about 2 weeks / a week and a half for a full review of them. That’s the best way in my opinion

You know what, you’re absolutely right. Thank you for the advice! I will start today. 

Sounds like a good approach.

51 minutes ago, Trainguy123456 said:

Can anyone please shed some light on which definitions will more likely be on the test ?

It sucks but you need to be prepared to just get any one of them and spit it out, but keep in mind you need to get 100% on the signals, so make sure if anything those are known...you can spare missing a definition here and there if I remember correctly, also don’t leave anything blank!

On 5/13/2019 at 9:43 AM, dn6791 said:

Does anyone know if the hiring freeze that cancelled April's class is still in effect?  I'm hoping it doesn't affect the class that's supposed to start in the Fall; I'm really looking forward to getting on board...

when did u pass sd test and how many people passed with u?

On 5/28/2019 at 6:56 PM, Jayy said:

How many people passed sd with u in feb?

On 5/29/2019 at 1:40 PM, Sj2829 said:

Same for me. I passed the S&D in the beginning of March and still haven’t heard anything. 

How many people passed with u in march?

I would like to know if they even have enough people to fill up a class which is why im asking these questions? i would think there are also people who passed in 2018 and are still waiting to be placed in a class? 

Has anyone heard anything at all in regards to when the next class will be starting? I have heard fall, then i heard august, and now the latest im hearing is that they dont have enough people who passed sd test to fill up a class and therefor there will be no more classes this year. I really am hoping that this is just a rumor and is totally not the case. I have to believe there are at least 24 people who passed sd test dating back to fall/ winter 2018 plus all the people who passed in 2019 and are also waiting for a class to start.  

Anyone have any idea? Thank you for your time everyone.

8 hours ago, Suffolkbull3 said:

when did u pass sd test and how many people passed with u?

How many people passed sd with u in feb?

How many people passed with u in march?

I would like to know if they even have enough people to fill up a class which is why im asking these questions? i would think there are also people who passed in 2018 and are still waiting to be placed in a class? 

Has anyone heard anything at all in regards to when the next class will be starting? I have heard fall, then i heard august, and now the latest im hearing is that they dont have enough people who passed sd test to fill up a class and therefor there will be no more classes this year. I really am hoping that this is just a rumor and is totally not the case. I have to believe there are at least 24 people who passed sd test dating back to fall/ winter 2018 plus all the people who passed in 2019 and are also waiting for a class to start.  

Anyone have any idea? Thank you for your time everyone.

They definitely have enough people to fill up a class. At least 15 people passed the Feb S&D

4 hours ago, Trainguy123456 said:

Maybe it takes forever to fill a class because 5 weeks isn't enough time to remember verbatim 75 definitions and 40+ verbatim indications while holding a full time job

Bro, I worked a 9-5, and had an 8 month old, and I did it, it depends how bad you want it...5 weeks , studying 3-4 hours a day, is more than enough. You’re already selling yourself short with that attitude. Maybe this isn’t for you...