LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

5 hours ago, Trainguy123456 said:

Maybe it takes forever to fill a class because 5 weeks isn't enough time to remember verbatim 75 definitions and 40+ verbatim indications while holding a full time job

No offense man, but you're not gonna get a lot of sympathy from anyone here. We all did it, which is proof that 5 weeks is enough time if you plan it out properly. There's currently over 1400 conductors and assistant conductors on the roster, they all did it. I think the engineers only get 3 weeks to learn the same material? Be happy you have those extra two weeks.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/28/2019 at 12:51 AM, Suffolkbull3 said:

when did u pass sd test and how many people passed with u?

How many people passed sd with u in feb?

How many people passed with u in march?

I would like to know if they even have enough people to fill up a class which is why im asking these questions? i would think there are also people who passed in 2018 and are still waiting to be placed in a class? 

Has anyone heard anything at all in regards to when the next class will be starting? I have heard fall, then i heard august, and now the latest im hearing is that they dont have enough people who passed sd test to fill up a class and therefor there will be no more classes this year. I really am hoping that this is just a rumor and is totally not the case. I have to believe there are at least 24 people who passed sd test dating back to fall/ winter 2018 plus all the people who passed in 2019 and are also waiting for a class to start.  

Anyone have any idea? Thank you for your time everyone.

8 people passed in my class in March. 

On 7/1/2019 at 9:13 PM, Sj2829 said:

8 people passed in my class in March. 

On 7/2/2019 at 8:49 PM, Jayy said:

Has anyone received any information regarding the next class? I missed a call from HR and I've tried calling back but I'm unable to reach anyone. 

Hey, did you by chance ever get in touch with HR? If so, did you get any information on any upcoming classes? 

9 hours ago, Jayy said:

Yes, the next class is September 4th 

Thank you for the update. I passed the S&D in March and did not hear anything as of yet. Not sure if anyone else is on here who passed at the same time and if they have heard anything about upcoming. I am a little worried not hearing anything so far, but hopefully they have another class this year that I can be apart of.

4 hours ago, Sj2829 said:

Thank you for the update. I passed the S&D in March and did not hear anything as of yet. Not sure if anyone else is on here who passed at the same time and if they have heard anything about upcoming. I am a little worried not hearing anything so far, but hopefully they have another class this year that I can be apart of.

Hey, also passed in March and have heard nothing so far either 

7 minutes ago, NycHopeful718 said:

For the S&D definitions portion, will we be given the names, and asked to define them word for word or vice versa?

thank you in advance.

They are going to give you the definition and a blank space and you're going to define it word for word 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Jayy said:

Anyone attending the September class got schedule for medical ?

I’m still waiting for background to be complete, were you called about background complete and invited to September class? I passed s&d in February and background started July 5th.

55 minutes ago, Nyirish317 said:

I’m still waiting for background to be complete, were you called about background complete and invited to September class? I passed s&d in February and background started July 5th.

My background was completed after a week and I received my conditional offer on July 8th. I'm still waiting to be called for the medical.

39 minutes ago, Jayy said:

My background was completed after a week and I received my conditional offer on July 8th. I'm still waiting to be called for the medical.

I’ve been told medical will be scheduled a week before class starts, how did you hear about the September 4th start date?

49 minutes ago, Nyirish317 said:

I’ve been told medical will be scheduled a week before class starts, how did you hear about the September 4th start date?

When I received the call to start the background check, I was told the class start date was sept 4 

• 3 weeks later...