• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The HR people are going to tell you that you need steel toe boots but in reality that's not true for our department. You just need black leather shoes that lace up with metal eyelets and have a defined heel not exceeding one inch. If you prefer boots, by all means go for it. I personally find working the train in boots to be uncomfortable, so I only wear my boots if it's snowing. Otherwise I wear these, an oxford shoe by Red Wing. Expensive but very comfortable and lasts way longer than the other junk I bought when I first got hired.

When studying the engine whistle Or horn signals for class starting the 15th does anyone know if for rule 14 L we inly need to know the bold print for now? Or everything? And also for the hand flag and lamp signals, do we need to know the door operation?

8 hours ago, Lmm said:

When studying the engine whistle Or horn signals for class starting the 15th does anyone know if for rule 14 L we inly need to know the bold print for now? Or everything? And also for the hand flag and lamp signals, do we need to know the door operation?

Know only 1. (a) & (b) for 14L......they ain't asking that other shit yet.  Yes to door op

Hey guys, i passed the S&D test back in july of 2019 for assistant conductor and was told after the interview they are going to try and get us all in for the first quarter of 2020 And i still have not received a call. Just wanted to know if anyone from that class has heard back and if anyone knows when maybe i can expect a call? Thank you for the help in advance!

12 hours ago, Bulldog said:

Hey guys, i passed the S&D test back in july of 2019 for assistant conductor and was told after the interview they are going to try and get us all in for the first quarter of 2020 And i still have not received a call. Just wanted to know if anyone from that class has heard back and if anyone knows when maybe i can expect a call? Thank you for the help in advance!

The people that passed in March 2019 are just getting invited now for a January class. You'll probably start before June.

17 minutes ago, Two2Go said:

The people that passed in March 2019 are just getting invited now for a January class. You'll probably start before June.

Awesome thank you so much, just getting worried maybe they wont call fingers crossed its sooner rather than later.

15 minutes ago, ExtraBoardNut5059 said:

@Bulldog It was July and by email. 

Congrats to you man! I was in that class as well im hoping they still reach out, ive been nervous they wont cause ive spoken to 2 people from our class that are in classing im just anxious to start schooling. When is your first day tomorrow? 

1 minute ago, Bulldog said:

Congrats to you man! I was in that class as well im hoping they still reach out, ive been nervous they wont cause ive spoken to 2 people from our class that are in classing im just anxious to start schooling. When is your first day tomorrow? 

Thanks Brother. Yeah tomorrow is the big day.