My final Subway Line Proposals

chenvinny54

21dfwic.jpg

So far, here is a map, I mostly revived the subway lines and altered some existing lines into my proposed line, to gain convenience and service flow rates to the MTA Customers.

(A) will take over the 125 Street Harlem Crosstown line, left into The Bronx, the one that will be constructed in the future. Then it will ply on the (5) line from East 180 Street to East Dyre Av, then it will operate via the (2) in the Bronx. Also, (K) will be revived to takeover the uptown Manhattan line, plus it will be extended to Riverdale 263 St. Furthermore, when (K) gets to midtown, it will run express in both directions during rush hours from and to Coney Island, and in the regular hours, this train will terminate at World Trade Center with the (E). So, (C) will extend to Inwood - 207 Street from 168 St to load more customers.

At Brooklyn, (A) won't terminate at Leffert Blvd, only stops at its home, The Rockaways. The customer who takes this train to Howard Beach JFK station, won't be confused that they might miss the Rockaway line to the JFK, thus missing their plane schedules. Instead, the (C) will help the (A) as its buddy to get to the Leffert Blvd, while this train operates to and from Far Rockaway.

(B) trains are being routed back to the existing route, from 47-50 Streets Rockefeller Center to 145 St or Bedford Park Blvd, since many of the MTA forum users agreed that this line cannot go to queens at all, or their job will be more difficult.

(L) Trains will be extended to 34 Street and 1 Avenue via crosstown line. 

(M) Trains will operate on the Second Avenue Subway line after a whole construction is finished. Meanwhile, the (T) train will follow the (A) and (Q) as well to East Dyre Av. 

The (Q) train will operate express in Brooklyn to Coney Island - Stillwell Avenue, and (B) will operate local to Brighton Beach. On weekends, the (Q) will operate local since they were no (B) trains operating on all its stops.

(V) will be revived to take over the Queens Blvd line, and will extend to Jamaica - 179 Street during peak hours, and finishes at Lower East Side - 2 Av.

Regular hours, trains operate from Forest Hills.

Rush hours, any trains that comes from and goes to Jamaica -179 Street, approaches on the express track at Forest Hills, and will service express between Queensplaza and Forest Hills.

(W) will also come back to life, and operates between Astoria - Ditmars Blvd and Whitehalls, during peak hours,will extend to Bay Ridge - 95 St, and will operate express between Bay Ridge - 95 St and Atlantic Barclays Center.

(X) line is added and will operate between Pelham Bay Park and Brooklyn - Borough Hall. During AM peak hours, Borough Hall bound will skip Classon Av, and PM, only the Bronx bound will.

The (A)(Q) and (T) line designs are not my ideas. I looked up on the Google image, and searched "Rethink NYC Subway". I drew on the NYC Subway Map above.

WEBSITE3.014.jpg?format=750w

Cited From Venturi, Jim. Rethink NYC Subway. Digital image.Http://static1.squarespace.com/static/545bfd33e4b0bb07afbc3c81/t/553f8095e4b00df897fed1e4/1430225077590/WEBSITE3.014.jpg?format=750w. N.p., n.d. Web. 4 Feb. 2016. <http://www.rethinknyc.com/newsubway/>.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of these ideas are good like the Union Tpke line, but some are just unneeded and I don't think you have your priorities straight.

For example, you have a Queens – Bronx line when instead you could have a four track Second Avenue Subway or a subway line to Staten Island under the Narrows or New York Harbor. Also, how would you fit that many trains into the 53rd Street tunnel? Using the switches at West Fourth would cause delays, and your rush hour (K) wouldn't fit through the Cranberry tube during rush hour without cutting (A) and/or (C) service. Also, you would have to terminate a lot of (K) and (F) trains due to capacity issues at Coney Island. You have the (A), (Q), and (T) going to the LGA station and to Dyre Avenue. I think your providing way too much service, and how you are going to fit that service onto two tracks I don't know. Also, I don't know why you would bring back the (9). The only way it would be useful is if you would convert 137th to an express station, but that isn't worth the cost. I don't know why, but you took away the very useful bronx express via the IRT White Plains Road line. Instead of some of these wacky proposals, you should consider using the full advantage of a four track Second Avenue Line, as well as extensions further out into Queens.

Some of these ideas are good like the Union Tpke line, but some are just unneeded and I don't think you have your priorities straight.

For example, you have a Queens – Bronx line when instead you could have a four track Second Avenue Subway or a subway line to Staten Island under the Narrows or New York Harbor. Also, how would you fit that many trains into the 53rd Street tunnel? Using the switches at West Fourth would cause delays, and your rush hour (K) wouldn't fit through the Cranberry tube during rush hour without cutting (A) and/or (C) service. Also, you would have to terminate a lot of (K) and (F) trains due to capacity issues at Coney Island. You have the (A), (Q), and (T) going to the LGA station and to Dyre Avenue. I think your providing way too much service, and how you are going to fit that service onto two tracks I don't know. Also, I don't know why you would bring back the (9). The only way it would be useful is if you would convert 137th to an express station, but that isn't worth the cost. I don't know why, but you took away the very useful bronx express via the IRT White Plains Road line. Instead of some of these wacky proposals, you should consider using the full advantage of a four track Second Avenue Line, as well as extensions further out into Queens.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you the reason for (9) only for rush hours, just like operating the (Z). The customers who lived somewhere near Van Cortlandt 242 St, they wanted to get to Manhattan on time, then (9) will operate only rush hours. Then maybe we can extend the (G) to coney island during rush hour, remove the (K) from Cranberry tube, and just terminate it at World Trade Center during weekdays. If you say the (K) still using too much power, then i will remove the (K), stay the word (A)(C)(E) the same, as the lucky word towards our career.

Also i will put the useful (5) express back in the bronx, or thank to my wacky proposal for (5), the customer will be stressed out that (5) is slow like (2), or just let the (5) run express during rush hour, then other times, let the (5) "run slow like (2)".

I can tell you now it would likely be next to impossible to have the (L) go across 34th Street UNLESS you were to do that as an EL after Hudson Yards.  Too many tunnels in that area, especially around Herald Square).

My (L) extensions go via 10th Avenue for a reason (in my case, to 72nd/Broadway with a very useful transfer to the (1)(2)(3) ) as mine also would likely jump-start the 41st/10th Avenue (7) station being built (with that transfer there instead of Hudson Yards). 

As for the (T) to the Bronx, I would do that as a rebuilt 3rd Avenue Bronx (whether EL OR Subway) section to Gun Hill Road ( (5) stays as it currently is). 

The (Q) as I would do it would run as the 125th Street crosstown to Broadway-12th Avenue, where it would terminate.

The (A) as I would do it would be left as it is on the north end, though possibly extended to Riverdale.  South end to the Rockaways is how I would do that, BUT split between Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park, which would eliminate the need for the Rockaway Park Shuttle.  I would have the (C) to Lefferts, but if the SAS gets down to Hanover Square I would then have the (T) run via a new Schermerhorn Street tunnel to where it stops at what currently is the Transit Museum (Court Street) and then joining as the Fulton local at Hoyt-Schermerhorn, allowing the (A) and (C) to both run express.

It's Nice to see we still have new subway line proposals on these forums (some people are just really persistent) while you're proposal is not a bad idea there are alot of flaws with it

1) There is no need to revive or make any new subway lines (with the exception of the (T) and (W)) (V) service is no longer needed on Queens blvd line it's only purpose would to be doing what the (M) is doing now supplementing the (R) and the (K) has already been eliminated before because of low ridership running the exact same service pattern as in this proposal except it's extended to 207 st

2) The (M) doesn't need a supplement on myrtle ave it would cause serious congestion on the Jamaica line

3) If you extend the (C) to Lefferts, Lefferts Blvd passengers will complain about losing their express ride as ridiculous as it sounds.

Also a question would the (T) continue on down myrtle ave after splitting with the (M) at Myrtle-Wyckoff?

I can tell you now it would likely be next to impossible to have the (L) go across 34th Street UNLESS you were to do that as an EL after Hudson Yards. Too many tunnels in that area, especially around Herald Square).

My (L) extensions go via 10th Avenue for a reason (in my case, to 72nd/Broadway with a very useful transfer to the (1)(2)(3) ) as mine also would likely jump-start the 41st/10th Avenue (7) station being built (with that transfer there instead of Hudson Yards).

As for the (T) to the Bronx, I would do that as a rebuilt 3rd Avenue Bronx (whether EL OR Subway) section to Gun Hill Road ( (5) stays as it currently is).

The (Q) as I would do it would run as the 125th Street crosstown to Broadway-12th Avenue, where it would terminate.

The (A) as I would do it would be left as it is on the north end, though possibly extended to Riverdale. South end to the Rockaways is how I would do that, BUT split between Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park, which would eliminate the need for the Rockaway Park Shuttle. I would have the (C) to Lefferts, but if the SAS gets down to Hanover Square I would then have the (T) run via a new Schermerhorn Street tunnel to where it stops at what currently is the Transit Museum (Court Street) and then joining as the Fulton local at Hoyt-Schermerhorn, allowing the (A) and (C) to both run express.

Ok, the (T), before we can extend it to East Dyre Avenue, why not we change it to #8, and run this line with r188A cars? We will then operate it on weekdays, meanwhile the (5) runs together with (2). On weekends, we terminate the #8 at 125 Street, and move the (5) to East Dyre Av. I know, i will remove the (K) due to low amount ot customers, move the (Q) to upper west side 125 St, and (A) to Riverdale. Thats how i recap.

OK, some of these proposals are good, and some of them not so much.

- The (X) line is a little too crazy and unnecessary in some areas. A Myrtle Ave. line isn't in the highest demand right now, and I think a SBS line would better facilitate that area, if needed. The Q55 and numerous other lines already serve Myrtle. The extension to the Bronx is completely unnecessary, as it would not be of much use to (6) and Pelham area customers, why switch in Queens to the (7) in Flushing if it's only a one-seat ride with the (6) or better <6> ? If customers needed the West side they could switch at Grand Central to the (7). This is more of a fantasy line then a viable solution.

- The (L) extension/loop thing is uncalled for, but I do agree with extending the (L) up to Hudson Yards. The (L) extension afterwords would be unnecessary as customers could already take the (7) back to the East side.

- The switch of the (B) and (Q), though not ridiculous is uncalled for and will make the already extensive (B) line even longer.

- The (W) will probably return if the money is there but an extension to Bay Ridge, while beneficial, is not very important. I do agree that (R) service is pretty horrible but it won't be much better with an extra line on the local.

- The (V) is also not completely ridiculous but I think that an extension of the existing (M) would be better than putting more congestion in the tunnels.

- The (C) extension is pretty okay, and I could see its benefits.

- The (K) is also uncalled for, and I think the (G) does a pretty good job already of serving customers on the Northern Culver, it is not completely needed.

• 2 weeks later...

I can tell you now it would likely be next to impossible to have the (L) go across 34th Street UNLESS you were to do that as an EL after Hudson Yards.  Too many tunnels in that area, especially around Herald Square).

The (A) as I would do it would be left as it is on the north end, though possibly extended to Riverdale.  South end to the Rockaways is how I would do that, BUT split between Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park, which would eliminate the need for the Rockaway Park Shuttle.  I would have the (C) to Lefferts, but if the SAS gets down to Hanover Square I would then have the (T) run via a new Schermerhorn Street tunnel to where it stops at what currently is the Transit Museum (Court Street) and then joining as the Fulton local at Hoyt-Schermerhorn, allowing the (A) and (C) to both run express.

I got it, but extending the (L) to 72 Street and Broadway might cause a great deal of traffic in front of (1)(2)(3), plying the Broadway line. In my proposal, I just terminate (L) at 34 Street Hudson Yards, transferring to the Flushing Bound (7) for 42 Street Crosstown line from Times Square to Grand Central, stopping at 5 Avenue. From Hudson Yards, customers can take the Eastbound (7) to Times Square, then transfer to (1)(2)(3) to 72 Street and Broadway.

2i74i20.jpgThis is my second map proposal. I had removed the obsolete lines from the map. We are agreed that the (9), (K), and (V) were removed due to insufficient budget and little amount of ridership on those lines. 

As my another attempt, I decided to make (1) run express in the Bronx every peak hours, from Van Cortlandt - 242 Street to 96 Street, then rest of the stops local, just working like (6). In this case, any customers who lives somewhere there, can get to work on time.

I put back the (5) rush hour service back via the (2) in the Bronx. Meanwhile on  every weeknights and weekends, the (T), becoming the #8, won't operate there, just terminate at 125 Street and 2 Avenue. The (5) will be the alternative service.

The (Q), will operate via 125 Street crosstown to 11 Avenue at all times, in case any individuals who lives near there, will have more line choices. 

For the (L), I removed the 34 Street Crosstown, and let it terminate at 34 Street Hudson Yards (7) station. 

The (X), will operate to Brooklyn Borough Hall in both directions every rush hours, but only one direction will skip Classon Avenue, since there is a center rail (currently it is the track bed) at that station. Other times, (X) will terminate at Myrtle Avenue and Willoughby Avenues, since there are B54 and Q55 buses operating via Myrtle Avenue.

The uptown (A) will extend to Riverdale - 263 Street, and Brooklyn bound, exactly its existing service.

The (C), during peak hours, the Manhattan bound from Brooklyn services from Lefferts Blvd, other times, just like its existing service.

The (M), will extend to Jamaica - 179 Street via the Jamaica line during peak hours, and will run express between Forest Hills and Queensplaza. Don't worry, during that service period, the other one that operate from Forest Hills, still servicing all local stops. Meanwhile, the (F) will run faster via the Jamaica line. Other times will service all local stops before Forest Hills (Westbound), and Eastbound after.

The (F) will run express in Brooklyn every peak hours. The (G) will service all local stops from Coney Island. Other times, F runs local and G terminates at Church Avenue.

The (W), I'm sorry guys, I know you think the extension will cost more budgets, but I cannot remove it from Bay Ridge. The other day, I think one of the users advised me about that service on the Sea Beach line. I agreed with him because I want the customers whom living around that line to get to Manhattan on time and come home without a stress during peak hours.

Last but not least, the (B). I really hate to argue with DailyDose, but that line going to Brighton Beach have to stay local since it terminates earlier than the Coney Island Bound (Q), proposed to run express. Speaking of that, the Q overall trip will be little longer than B.

How's my proposals at this copy? Something wrong? Reply this topic with excellent suggestions. Thank you all for your cooperations.

You can't have A and B division trains on the same track. Completely scrap the (8), and replace it with a (T) running via Third Avenue in the Bronx. Don't have the 125th Street crosstown go past Broadway. Get rid of the (1) express. You wrote Leffert Blvd, it is Lefferts. The people on the Culver Line don't want (G) service as their only option. It was like that between 1967 and 1976. I don't know why extending the (A) to Riverdale is a priority. If you feel the need to extend it, have it run via Fordham Road and Pelham Parkway in the Bronx. Also, Bay Ridge can't have that many trains terminate at 95th Street, unless you use the space at 101st Street that was meant for a yard for its intended purpose.

The (X) line is too long and is a complete mess

There is a fantasy map play thing made by Michael Calcagno. If you want you could play around with it. I have it on here.

http://s9.postimg.org/ix27yxcil/yourmap.gif

yourmap.gif

Another one that I color coded. I had always planned on making it a full subway fantasy map. I might do it sometime.

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx43/Roadcruiser1/yourmapblank.gif

yourmapblank.gif

You can't have A and B division trains on the same track. Completely scrap the (8), and replace it with a (T) running via Third Avenue in the Bronx. Don't have the 125th Street crosstown go past Broadway. Get rid of the (1) express. You wrote Leffert Blvd, it is Lefferts. The people on the Culver Line don't want (G) service as their only option. It was like that between 1967 and 1976. I don't know why extending the (A) to Riverdale is a priority. If you feel the need to extend it, have it run via Fordham Road and Pelham Parkway in the Bronx. Also, Bay Ridge can't have that many trains terminate at 95th Street, unless you use the space at 101st Street that was meant for a yard for its intended purpose.

Extending the (A) is one of the vanshnookenraggen's future line. If this reasoning is still not ringing the bell, then I'll move the (A) line via the Fordham Road and Pelham Pkwy, as you requested. For the (R), I will extend it to 101 Street and 4 Avenue in Brooklyn. The rush-hour (W) terminates and starts at 95 Street. Other times, at White Halls. For the (T), I'll change it back to the B-division. I thought reusing the (8) is the great idea.

For the (X), you want me to shorten the line, then it will become the (S) airport shuttle operating between LGA and JFK.

Therefore, the (X) will be removed, and those trains of old car fleets with that bulletin is only for construction.

1zow12c.jpg

Here is my third version of my proposal. I added a shuttle and deleted the ambiguous (X) line, that almost mess up this map. The shuttle operates from Mets - Willets Point to La Guardia Airport, in case the Q48 to airport from flushing would stuck in traffic, thus letting the passengers miss their desired flights. Although other shuttle lines have around two-cars, this will have a ten-car train, but will serve the customers via only one fleet, so the line operates every 10-15 minutes all times. The 8 train has been erased and changed back to the (T), because (8) might bring the MTA back to history. Also, (G) has been shortened back to Church Avenue, so during rush hour, while the (F) express runs, other or next one will serve local stops. The (R) will be extended to 101 Street and 4 avenue, so for the (W) rush hour, the express track will have a bumper there to terminate from going to 101 Street, thus slowing down the (R). The (A), I still cannot run via Fordham Pkwy, and Pelham Pkwy, or it will be like the (X), taking more space of this map.

Still got flaws? Reply me a suggestion. Nevertheless, I hope the picture below helps for the S LGA shuttle.

cuomo21n-3-web.jpg

Here is an explanatory picture cited from http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2085804.1421792626!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_635/cuomo21n-3-web.jpg

so you are just deciding what lines to put on based on map space? That doesn't make much sense. If I were you I would try to find a new template. Also, the subway extension to Riverdale isn't needed, and the Dyre Avenue Line can't have both A and B Division services unless one Division has the express, and the other the local, and that wouldn't make much sense being overkill. Also, the (5) should run to Flatbush during middays. The Nostrand Avenue Line should be extended to Kings Plaza, and a Utica Avenue Line should be put in. The LGA shuttle is useless. Instead, extend the (N) train. Randall's Island doesn't need a service, and LGA doesn't need two. Instead, have the (T) run via Third Avenue in the Bronx. The (G) into Manhattan still doesn't work. There isn't capacity for it. You should also have the Rockaway Beach Branch brought back for service, and you should utilize the LIRR Atlantic Branch to extend the E train to Laurelton or Rosedale. Finally, you should have a Queens Bypass running via the LIRR main line.

1zow12c.jpg

Here is my third version of my proposal. I added a shuttle and deleted the ambiguous (X) line, that almost mess up this map. The shuttle operates from Mets - Willets Point to La Guardia Airport, in case the Q48 to airport from flushing would stuck in traffic, thus letting the passengers miss their desired flights. Although other shuttle lines have around two-cars, this will have a ten-car train, but will serve the customers via only one fleet, so the line operates every 10-15 minutes all times. The 8 train has been erased and changed back to the (T), because (8) might bring the MTA back to history. Also, (G) has been shortened back to Church Avenue, so during rush hour, while the (F) express runs, other or next one will serve local stops. The (R) will be extended to 101 Street and 4 avenue, so for the (W) rush hour, the express track will have a bumper there to terminate from going to 101 Street, thus slowing down the (R). The (A), I still cannot run via Fordham Pkwy, and Pelham Pkwy, or it will be like the (X), taking more space of this map.

Still got flaws? Reply me a suggestion. Nevertheless, I hope the picture below helps for the S LGA shuttle.

cuomo21n-3-web.jpg

Here is an explanatory picture cited from http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2085804.1421792626!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_635/cuomo21n-3-web.jpg

^ Personally, I'd have a York Avenue line stop on Randall/Ward Island. It could use one, similar to Roosevelt Island.

why on earth would a York Avenue line be needed? To serve the mayor? He doesn't even use public transportation.

Archived