My final Subway Line Proposals

chenvinny54

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And most importantly, some of these switches aren't possible even if the trains and budget existed.

While the subway system looks unified to the general onlooker, you are still dealing with switching systems for three autonomous rail agencies (IND, BMT, IRT). Some reroutings are simply impossible because the switches don't communicate using the same protocols.

The only way switches are possible are because of the existence of "station complexes". This is how a (B), which is IND SIXTH AVE normally can be rerouted to the BMT BROADWAY LINE as a (Q) train.

This is made feasible by the DeKalb Ave complex which has both IND & BMT switch systems.

Sent from my HTC M8 GPE

???? Mass Transit Honchkrow ????

So that means the South 4 street-Houston street tunnel will connect to the express track in 2 avenue (F) station. So (M) to Uptown Manhattan on the express track, (F) to Queens on the local track, 6 avenue local, 53 street, Queens Blvd express, and Jamaica local.

Or i changed my mind. We can turn the regular (M) to be a part of SAS. So we can connect the Brighton line to the Franklin shuttle line, which i proposed there via crosstown (K).Overall, The (B) and (Q) will switch course, the (B) will run local to join the proposed track to South 4 street-Houston street tunnel, and (Q) will run express, to connect the track going to the Manhattan bridge; still Brighton Beach is the terminus of the (B).

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Or i changed my mind. We can turn the regular (M) to be a part of SAS. So we can connect the Brighton line to the Franklin shuttle line, which i proposed there via crosstown (K).Overall, The (B) and (Q) will switch course, the (B) will run local to join the proposed track to South 4 street-Houston street tunnel, and (Q) will run express, to connect the track going to the Manhattan bridge; still Brighton Beach is the terminus of the (B).

Last year I remembered that they merged the (M) with the (J) line at Chambers Street - City Hall.

I think that should be a permanent weekend fixture.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Last year I remembered that they merged the (M) with the (J) line at Chambers Street - City Hall.

I think that should be a permanent weekend fixture.

Correct, then that will be the weekend service.

While the subway system looks unified to the general onlooker, you are still dealing with switching systems for three autonomous rail agencies (IND, BMT, IRT). Some reroutings are simply impossible because the switches don't communicate using the same protocols.

The only way switches are possible are because of the existence of "station complexes". This is how a (B), which is IND SIXTH AVE normally can be rerouted to the BMT BROADWAY LINE as a (Q) train.

This is made feasible by the DeKalb Ave complex which has both IND & BMT switch systems.

Where are you getting this stuff from? It's pretty common knowledge that the BMT and IND are fully merged. There is no such thing as BMT switch system and IND switch systems and even if there were such a thing, those moves wouldn't be affected by it: The Nassau Street Line and all the South Brooklyn lines are all "BMT".

Where are you getting this stuff from? It's pretty common knowledge that the BMT and IND are fully merged. There is no such thing as BMT switch system and IND switch systems and even if there were such a thing, those moves wouldn't be affected by it: The Nassau Street Line and all the South Brooklyn lines are all "BMT".

I know that. I even mentioned that in an earlier post that they functioned as a loop in the Golden Age. I don't think I confused any details here.

And the merge you speak of isn't fully complete either. Last year, on a cold Saturday in December, we were forced off a (D) train because of a signal failure en route to Coney Island.

I noticed that even though the switch lights were off on our track, the center track was lit.

The coupling isn't complete unless it acts the same. In Manhattan, everything is probably more integrated.

The incompleteness of this work is another past example of borough preference that has left those in need out of the picture...

33y5nbb.png

Hi, here is my proposal. I hope this will ring the bell. At the Upper west side Broadway, where you see the express station mark there (now I proposed the SAS (M) a new terminus), the (Q) is moved to the Bronx via the (D) to Norwood - 205 Street. The pink color, ignore it for now. I am not sure what letter is appropriate for connection to Staten Island from Bay Ridge - 95 Street.

33y5nbb.png

Hi, here is my proposal. I hope this will ring the bell. At the Upper west side Broadway, where you see the express station mark there (now I proposed the SAS (M) a new terminus), the (Q) is moved to the Bronx via the (D) to Norwood - 205 Street. The pink color, ignore it for now. I am not sure what letter is appropriate for connection to Staten Island from Bay Ridge - 95 Street.

Attention this map shall be deleted. It is incomplete. My proposal is to leave the (B) as it is, revive the (V) and extend to the Brighton line to Brighton beach. In the map above, I will erase the crosstown (K), only one line which is (V) can flow there, and will connect to the Houston tunnel.

33y5nbb.png

Result

(B) Brighton beach to Harlem 145 street or White Plain, via Brighton exp, via Manhattan Bridge, via 6 av exp, via Grand concourse lcl, exp peak.

(D) Coney Island to Harlem - 145 Street offpeak, Norwood - 205 street peak, via West end line lcl offpeak, exp peak, via 4 av exp, via manhattan bridge, via 6 av exp then Central park west lcl, peak via grand concourse.

(F) from Coney island to Rosedale via Mc donald line lcl offpeak, exp peak, via cranberry tube, via 6 av lcl, via 53 street, via Queens blvd exp, via Jamaica exp.

(V) from Brighton beach to Jamaica - 179 Street, via Brighton lcl, via existing Franklin av shuttle line, (weekdays: via Houston street, via 6 av lcl, via 63 street) (weekends: via Brooklyn-Queens crosstown line via (G)), via Queens Blvd lcl, via Hillside lcl.

Also, since (E) will take over the Brooklyn fulton line, revive the (K) and run exactly the existing (E) line.

So (E) from Euclid Av to Springfield Blvd, via Fulton lcl, via 8 av lcl, via 53 street, via Queens Blvd exp, Hillside Exp.

Weekdays only

(K) from world trade center to Jamaica Center - Parsons Avenue, via 8 av lcl, via 63 street, via Queens blvd lcl, via Jamaica lcl.

Archived