My final Subway Line Proposals

chenvinny54

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(7) To Newark? Are you high? That's like a half-hour ride from the river alone! Just let PATH do what it really does well, that exact run!

Haha.. way to kill a man's dream.. What's so crazy about the (7) to Newark. From Flushing to Newark would be roughly a 20 mile run. Shorter then afew existing lines like (2),(4),(5) just asking why your thinking this would be out of the question?

Haha.. way to kill a man's dream.. What's so crazy about the (7) to Newark. From Flushing to Newark would be roughly a 20 mile run. Shorter then afew existing lines like (2),(4),(5) just asking why your thinking this would be out of the question?

Yeah, thanks to you agreed. Even though PATH is existing to service Newark Penn Station, taking them to midtown, they also can have another choice to commute the cheapest ride to midtown, and some of others will enjoy a one seat ride to flushing, a possible way to visit queens, on the other hand, when they choose to commute path, they have to get out of that type of station, and i believe that they might pay another fare to ride the mta metro subway if they desired to go interborough besides manhattan.

Yeah, thanks to you agreed. Even though PATH is existing to service Newark Penn Station, taking them to midtown, they also can have another choice to commute the cheapest ride to midtown, and some of others will enjoy a one seat ride to flushing, a possible way to visit queens, on the other hand, when they choose to commute path, they have to get out of that type of station, and i believe that they might pay another fare to ride the mta metro subway if they desired to go interborough besides manhattan.

I think PATH by its self is fine. All we need is fare intergration with SmartLink and/or NYCT takeover.

And also, path can let the customers transfer to the regular subway, only when the path train arrives at world trade center. If they unintentionally miss it, they might end up in the train, servicing other stations heading uptown, without a transfer, and it terminates at 33 street, that station doesnt have transfer to other subway too.

I think PATH by its self is fine. All we need is fare intergration with SmartLink and/or NYCT takeover.

Ok. fair enough, but it takes little more time for MTA to code the SmarkLink card. If it is a success, then i will edit my subway map, cut the (7) to frank r lautenberg station.

Nevertheless, the only possibility we stand on, we are not really sure if the SmartLink card bought from the path station allows the commuters to access MTA subway. At this moment, i dont think the subway fare gate can recognize that metrocard, unless those gates are upgraded.

The new fare gate in the subway stations, will be "Smart..." to "...Link" to SmartLink transit cards.

But one more thing i didnt tell you about transfer length between World Trade Center path station to the subway, is really long. They have to take escalators, get outside, and walk somewhat a long way to the subway, to access other boroughs besides Manhattan.

The new fare gate in the subway stations, will be "Smart..." to "...Link" to SmartLink transit cards.

But one more thing i didnt tell you about transfer length between World Trade Center path station to the subway, is really long. They have to take escalators, get outside, and walk somewhat a long way to the subway, to access other boroughs besides Manhattan.

Once the Oculus and Cortlandt St on the (1) are finished it will be much easier. No more going outside.

Ok everyone, here is another map I fling.

http://mapfling.com/q6jp35o

It is about the revived Rockaway LIRR plus the extension to meet with the Queens Blvd Line.

Balloon A - Liberty Avenue

Balloon B - Atlantic Avenue

Balloon C - Jamaica Avenue

Balloon D - Myrtle Avenue - Parkside

Balloon E - Between Metropolitan Avenue and Yellowstone Blvd

Balloon F - Queens Blvd - Rego Park (Meeting the Queens Blvd track)

Ok. fair enough, but it takes little more time for MTA to code the SmarkLink card. If it is a success, then i will edit my subway map, cut the (7) to frank r lautenberg station.

Nevertheless, the only possibility we stand on, we are not really sure if the SmartLink card bought from the path station allows the commuters to access MTA subway. At this moment, i dont think the subway fare gate can recognize that metrocard, unless those gates are upgraded.

That's called fare integration...

Also, for new (Z), operating via Long Island Expressway, between Springfield Blvd and Broad Street in Manhattan.

http://mapfling.com/q2boek7

Balloon A - Essex Street (Existing station)

Balloon B - Union Avenue (New Station, transferring to the (G) Broadway station)

Balloon C - Montrose Avenue - Bushwick (Transfer to (L))

Balloon D - Fresh Pond Road - 61 Street via Flushing Avenue

Balloon E - Grand Avenue and 69 Street

Balloon F - Queens-Midtown Expressway and 80 Street

Balloon G - Queens Blvd (Transferring to Woodhaven Blvd station)

Balloon H - 99 Street - LeFrak City

Balloon I - Horace Harding Expressway and Main Street

Balloon J - Kissena Blvd

Balloon K - 164 Street

Balloon L - 188 Street - Fresh Meadows

Balloon M - Francis Lewis Blvd

Balloon N - Springfield Blvd - Oakland Gardens

Also, for new (Z), operating via Long Island Expressway, between Springfield Blvd and Broad Street in Manhattan.

http://mapfling.com/q2boek7

Balloon A - Essex Street (Existing station)

Balloon B - Union Avenue (New Station, transferring to the (G) Broadway station)

Balloon C - Montrose Avenue - Bushwick (Transfer to (L))

Balloon D - Fresh Pond Road - 61 Street via Flushing Avenue

Balloon E - Grand Avenue and 69 Street

Balloon F - Queens-Midtown Expressway and 80 Street

Balloon G - Queens Blvd (Transferring to Woodhaven Blvd station)

Balloon H - 99 Street - LeFrak City

Balloon I - Horace Harding Expressway and Main Street

Balloon J - Kissena Blvd

Balloon K - 164 Street

Balloon L - 188 Street - Fresh Meadows

Balloon M - Francis Lewis Blvd

Balloon N - Springfield Blvd - Oakland Gardens

For (M),

http://mapfling.com/q5xmb2r

Balloon A - 2nd Avenue - East Houston Street (Transfer to (F))

Balloon B - Bedford Avenue via Houston - South 4th Street tunnel

Balloon C - Union Avenue (Transfer to (G) Broadway Station)

Balloon D - Flushing Avenue (Existing Station)

Balloon E - Myrtle Avenue - Broadway (Existing Station)

Balloon F - Wilson Avenue (New Station)

Balloon G - Myrtle - Wyckoff Avenues (Existing Station)

...rest of stations to Metropolitan Avenue - Middle Village are existing, and to stay.

I can respect that Hoboken, Jersey City and Newark could use better integration to Manhattan. Are they really that different from a Brooklyn or Queens from a regional view? But better integration is a start!

That's called fare integration...

Thank you so much. I learn something now. Fare integration means to merge the related transits into a company, so that every public transit riders will have more access such as to MTA subway and PATH with just a card. We hope the customers encounter no tweaks or filing complaints as they transfer between PATH and subway.

Thank you so much. I learn something now. Fare integration means to merge the related transits into a company, so that every public transit riders will have more access such as to MTA subway and PATH with just a card. We hope the customers encounter no tweaks or filing complaints as they transfer between PATH and subway.

Yes, although you can have fare integration without merging companies.

For example, the PBL's pre-MTA Bus charged the same fare and used the same card plus you had the same transfer privileges between a private and MTA route as you had between two MTA routes.

A merger would be my second option where the PATH system becomes part of MTA New York City Subway. For the purposes of this post, I'll call it the P and it can use a shade of blue-green maybe the shade the London Underground uses for the Waterloo & City.

Waterloo_%26_City_line_flag_box.png

You would have the same transfer privileges between the P and the M23 at 23 Street as you would the (F) and the M23. You could even reconfigure fare control to put the P and the (F)(M) in the same fare control. (The transfer between the (A)(C)(E)(1)(2)(3)(R)  and the P would probably require an out of system connection similar to a bus to subway transfer )

Yes, although you can have fare integration without merging companies.

For example, the PBL's pre-MTA Bus charged the same fare and used the same card plus you had the same transfer privileges between a private and MTA route as you had between two MTA routes.

A merger would be my second option where the PATH system becomes part of MTA New York City Subway. For the purposes of this post, I'll call it the P and it can use a shade of blue-green maybe the shade the London Underground uses for the Waterloo & City.

Waterloo_%26_City_line_flag_box.png

You would have the same transfer privileges between the P and the M23 at 23 Street as you would the (F) and the M23. You could even reconfigure fare control to put the P and the (F)(M) in the same fare control. (The transfer between the (A)(C)(E)(1)(2)(3)(R) and the P would probably require an out of system connection similar to a bus to subway transfer )

Excellent. Thats what we and our customers expecting that future fleet for Path. Therefore we maintain them to feel comfortable traveling especially, make this service attractive to a crowd of people. So if the commuters living in new jersey are really desperate to travel to midtown manhattan, each train will have 12 cars,require to widen the stations. Of the train rate, at least 12 tph during peak hours, weekday off peak hour will be 10, weeknights 4, and weekends 6.

Also, today i got an idea. How about on my proposal, service a new branch of (1) to queens? We going to need at least a subway line to cross RFK bridge, operate to Flushing Corona Park, via 125 Street crosstown from broadway, via RFK bridge, via Astoria Blvd, via 23rd Av for 82 St, a walking distance to La Guardia airport Marine terminal, via Ditmars Blvd after slighting right straight from 23rd Av, and via 111 Street for a transfer to (7) local, then (1) train will terminate at 111 St and Corona Av, since there are no transits except (7) at Roosevelt Av.

Also, today i got an idea. How about on my proposal, service a new branch of (1) to queens? We going to need at least a subway line to cross RFK bridge, operate to Flushing Corona Park, via 125 Street crosstown from broadway, via RFK bridge, via Astoria Blvd, via 23rd Av for 82 St, a walking distance to La Guardia airport Marine terminal, via Ditmars Blvd after slighting right straight from 23rd Av, and via 111 Street for a transfer to (7) local, then (1) train will terminate at 111 St and Corona Av, since there are no transits except (7) at Roosevelt Av.

:deadhorse:  :deadhorse:  :deadhorse:  :deadhorse:  :deadhorse:  :deadhorse:  :deadhorse:  :deadhorse:  :deadhorse:

No additional comments needed for this horrible proposal. 

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

No additional comments needed for this horrible proposal.

Then, even though you think this is a really horrible idea to generate a new (1) branch, then what subway line do you think will be appropiate to travel to queens straight from 125 Street? So the commuter wont have to transfer or pay another fare to ride m60 SBS, to save more space and seats for people going to airport especially during peak hours, and they wont have to travel further down to 63 Street (F), or 59 street (N)(Q)(R), the easier transfer. I know this bus comes around 7 to 10 minutes apart, but i believe that some individuals might felt hurried that they somehow will experience some delays, and their big luggage they carry wont fit through crowds. So at least one subway line taking RFK bridge or tunnel from 125 Street Harlem to queens will categorize the MTA customers to prevent from slowing down the m60 SBS bus riders that are going to airport to catch their plane.

Then, even though you think this is a really horrible idea to generate a new (1) branch, then what subway line do you think will be appropiate to travel to queens straight from 125 Street? So the commuter wont have to transfer or pay another fare to ride m60 SBS, to save more space and seats for people going to airport especially during peak hours, and they wont have to travel further down to 63 Street (F), or 59 street (N)(Q)(R), the easier transfer. I know this bus comes around 7 to 10 minutes apart, but i believe that some individuals might felt hurried that they somehow will experience some delays, and their big luggage they carry wont fit through crowds. So at least one subway line taking RFK bridge or tunnel from 125 Street Harlem to queens will categorize the MTA customers to prevent from slowing down the m60 SBS bus riders that are going to airport to catch their plane.

Firstly, I don't think that a line from Queens to 125th Street is a priority. Secondly, it makes no sense to make it a branch of the IRT. Let alone the (1) as you would have to have an elevated line running down 125th Street, and you would have to demolish the existing 125th Street station. It may look nice on paper, but you can't just draw lines on a map and say that it is a good route.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyway, my another proposal, extend the (S) Franklin Shuttle to Brighton Beach, and connect via the (G), and change it to green (K). There will be more services down the Brighton line. Also, the customers living somewhere near the Brighton line can go to queens without entering Manhattan, just like driving in the I-278 from Brooklyn straight away to Queens.

For the (1), extend northbound to Riverdale - 261 Street. This proposal will bring more customers to Manhattan from the dense area of the Bronx.

Also, both extend the (G) and proposed green (K) to Forest Hills, only for late night service, since there will be no (M) and proposed cyan (V) trains running.

There is a major flaw with your having the (N) express and the (E) local. Going east, only 53rd Street has direct access to the express tracks, and only 60th Street/Crosstown have direct access to the local tracks. It would be a mess to have the (E) and (N) both switching. This would reduce the (E)'s capacity significantly. Just have the (E) go to Laurelton and the (N) to the Rockaways.

Also, get rid of the (J) extension to Sunrise and the (7) extension to Newark.

Archived