My final Subway Line Proposals

chenvinny54

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and here is a proposed map.

fooi6w.jpg

that change is horrible. Do you realize that the 42nd Street shuttle is at the same level as the Lexington Avenue Line. Wonder why? Yeah, it was the original subway route. Of course it is possible with engineering to find some solution but is it worth it? No. It is better to burn money.

that change is horrible. Do you realize that the 42nd Street shuttle is at the same level as the Lexington Avenue Line. Wonder why? Yeah, it was the original subway route. Of course it is possible with engineering to find some solution but is it worth it? No. It is better to burn money.

The Lexington line is lower. When you make the transfer from the shuttle to the Lexington line, you go through a down slanted passageway and then down a set of stairs.

This could probably be done in terms of the engineering, although I'd do it much differently.

Install 2 more columns of beams over the former express tracks. Remove the existing columns. Now move the tracks closer to the center and the tunnel will accommodate B division cars.

Install 2 more columns of beams over the former express tracks. Remove the existing columns. Now move the tracks closer to the center and the tunnel will accommodate B division cars.

Agreed. That is also meant to remove the abandoned b1 right turn tracks, add more straight ones Eastbound then you connect the right turn one to guide the Cyan (W) to Second Avenue line, so it will go to brooklyn, via Manhattan bridge, and Brighton line via SAS.

dpe33m.jpg Hello guys, I had updated the <7>. Only AM rush hours will skip-stop Mets - Willets Point since most of the trains, except trains departing Flushing from 9:00, coming out from Main Street are crowded or to save some space to serve heck lot of waiting commuters @ Junction Blvd and Woodside - 61 Street. So, <7> departing Flushing - Main Street before 9 AM shall be addressed as Super Express trains, serving Junction Blvd and Woodside the quick rides to Manhattan.

dpe33m.jpg Hello guys, I had updated the <7>. Only AM rush hours will skip-stop Mets - Willets Point since most of the trains, except trains departing Flushing from 9:00, coming out from Main Street are crowded or to save some space to serve heck lot of waiting commuters @ Junction Blvd and Woodside - 61 Street. So, <7> departing Flushing - Main Street before 9 AM shall be addressed as Super Express trains, serving Junction Blvd and Woodside the quick rides to Manhattan.

Why did you replace the 42nd st shuttle with a uneeded w extension?

Why did you replace the 42nd st shuttle with a uneeded w extension?

A shuttle is not enough, and also w is needed to be extended for improved service. (W) will be the new express shuttle between brooklyn via Brighton line to Times Square 42 street, via SAS line running only weekdays.

You do realize that there is no money for almost all of these dumb proposals.

No please dont say that. Some of them are wanted by union tpke and other, BDNQ2345 had accepted them, and (W) I proposed it and CenSin had agreed with me.

You do realize that this is his own proposal thread and not all proposals have to be 100% realistic?

You do realize that this is his own proposal thread and not all proposals have to be 100% realistic?

Yes this map, i expected to be realistic. Then if you see some flaws you will tell me which proposal you want to erase, like Union Tpke did.

Yes this map, i expected to be realistic. Then if you see some flaws you will tell me which proposal you want to erase.

Not really a flaw, but personally I don't see a reason to just end the (7) at Canal Street if you're extending it south. It could go south to Chambers Street and the World Trade Center (and maybe the South Ferry loops, but some trains would have to short turn somewhere if that was done.)

Also, would there be a use for an extension of the (A) east from Lefferts Boulevard?

Yes this map, i expected to be realistic. Then if you see some flaws you will tell me which proposal you want to erase.

what iwant to see erased:

All of the proposed v service

the j to staten island

t to the bronx

q 125th cross town

n to the rockaways

all k service

b to ave u

a to the bronx

d to co op city

W returned to astoria to whitehall via broadway

3 and 4 returned to their current brookyln terminals.

Not really a flaw, but personally I don't see a reason to just end the (7) at Canal Street if you're extending it south. It could go south to Chambers Street and the World Trade Center (and maybe the South Ferry loops, but some trains would have to short turn somewhere if that was done.)

Also, would there be a use for an extension of the (A) east from Lefferts Boulevard?

Foe the (7), yeah agreed, (7) will be moved down to South Ferry Loop transferring to (1).

(A), will not be extended to Leffert Blvd, (C) only takes that branch, since there are not many commuters accessing there. Only from the Rockaway, is mostly crowded.

Foe the (7), yeah agreed, (7) will be moved down to South Ferry Loop transferring to (1).

(A), will not be extended to Leffert Blvd, (C) only takes that branch, since there are not many commuters accessing there. Only from the Rockaway, is mostly crowded.

I meant a physical extension of the Liberty Avenue Line, regardless of which train you assign to it. Maybe it could meet with the (F) at Foch Boulevard? Just some of my thoughts.

I meant a physical extension of the Liberty Avenue Line, regardless of which train you assign to it. Maybe it could meet with the (F) at Foch Boulevard? Just some of my thoughts.

Maybe not. I dont think union tpke wants that. It is not needed to transfer to another train there, each have a one seat ride to the corresponding streets in manhattan.

Clearly, this thread has a huge disclaimer: MY final subway line proposals. He basically owns the thread and it’s his fantasy proposal. Three-quarters of the discussions wouldn’t be happening on this forum if cost was a reason to shut down all discourse.

Adhering to your standard, the the MTA should have never released a fantasy map of the 2 Avenue Line since money for phases 3 and 4 are likely to never materialize. But great things are built because ideas came first. The quandary of funding these ideas is a job that comes later.

And then there’s the unsubstantial claim that the proposal is simply dumb. It speaks of one’s own intelligence to make a claim and walk away without further details. You do notice that a majority of modifications on the map are inspired by actual proposed plans, right?

Ok guys, my map is not done. The (V) SAS East will run via the Flushing Queens Bypass line, terminating at Little Neck Pkwy. The LIRR will terminating at Little Neck station temporary, transferring to the subway. 

If by LIRR, up to Little Neck, then fare is $7.25, from Penn Station, the only station in Manhattan, or Mets - Willets Point and $6.00 at same zone, during off peak. For peak hour rides, fare is $10.00 for Zone 1 to 3, and $8.25 for arriving at station at same zone.

(T) will ply Metro North from 138 Street in the Bronx, to Fordham Road to save money for the commuters to travel there instead of taking MNR. If by MNR to Fordham Road (Zone 2 from Grand Central Terminal), then fare will be same as express bus fare for off peak, and $8.75 for peak, both one-way. On the other hand, taking subway there is only one regular fare ($2.75)

(W) SAS, not sure. Its terminus is at 125 Street and Lexington Avenue.

Ok guys, my map is not done. The (V) SAS East will run via the Flushing Queens Bypass line, terminating at Little Neck Pkwy. The LIRR will terminating at Little Neck station temporary, transferring to the subway. 

If by LIRR, up to Little Neck, then fare is $7.25, from Penn Station, the only station in Manhattan, or Mets - Willets Point and $6.00 at same zone, during off peak. For peak hour rides, fare is $10.00 for Zone 1 to 3, and $8.25 for arriving at station at same zone.

(T) will ply Metro North from 138 Street in the Bronx, to Fordham Road to save money for the commuters to travel there instead of taking MNR. If by MNR to Fordham Road (Zone 2 from Grand Central Terminal), then fare will be same as express bus fare for off peak, and $8.75 for peak, both one-way. On the other hand, taking subway there is only one regular fare ($2.75)

(W) SAS, not sure. Its terminus is at 125 Street and Lexington Avenue.

LIRR fare chart:

http://web.mta.info/lirr/about/TicketInfo/LIRRFares03-22-15.pdf

Metro North Railroad: from Grand Central Terminal

http://web.mta.info/mnr/html/planning/fares/hhfares_mar2015.html

Also, for (M)(T) and SAS East (V), car fleets shall be R211, same as Staten Island railroad.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

LIRR fare chart:

http://web.mta.info/lirr/about/TicketInfo/LIRRFares03-22-15.pdf

Metro North Railroad: from Grand Central Terminal

http://web.mta.info/mnr/html/planning/fares/hhfares_mar2015.html

Also, for (M)(T) and SAS East (V), car fleets shall be R211, same as Staten Island railroad.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Or maybe, I can extend the (W) SAS via MNR track in the Bronx, terminating at Wakefield station or the very last station in the Bronx before Westchester (out-of-NYC).

Overall, (T) on Harlem line, and (W) SAS on Hudson line, terminating at last station of Metro North Railroad Zone 2, to cover the expensive fares for a huge flow of commuters.

Archived