My final Subway Line Proposals

chenvinny54

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or, I can extend the (C) to rockaway, and Leffert Blvd, as the express service. (E) will extend to Euclid Av for local service. 

Regarding to existing Harlem line, (T) and SAS (W) will be overall terminating at Wakefield together for convenience, (just (2) and peak-hour (5) is not enough to pack a huge amount of riders) and expenditure trip plan for commuters living there, who feels like to go to Manhattan more frequently, without bothering to pay a huge fare to ride with the Metro North railroad, although running super express is part of convenience but still not enough to worth the fare. (T) will be extended to Whitehall street via wall street from Broad St, stopping at Hanover Square, which is a minor street, then serving the huge group sailing from Staten Island to NYC.

Or, I can extend the (C) to rockaway, and Leffert Blvd, as the express service. (E) will extend to Euclid Av for local service. 

Regarding to existing Harlem line, (T) and SAS (W) will be overall terminating at Wakefield together for convenience, (just (2) and peak-hour (5) is not enough to pack a huge amount of riders) and expenditure trip plan for commuters living there, who feels like to go to Manhattan more frequently, without bothering to pay a huge fare to ride with the Metro North railroad, although running super express is part of convenience but still not enough to worth the fare. (T) will be extended to Whitehall street via wall street from Broad St, stopping at Hanover Square, which is a minor street, then serving the huge group sailing from Staten Island to NYC.

Also, in case (2) and peak hour (5) might have a check up due to any future inclement weather, (T) and SAS (W) will be the new alternatives, the existing Harlem MNR railroad can heat itself up during the day of frozen temperature. Waiting for any buses, that drive a group of crowding riders from one line to another is a longer trip although one of the track on one of the A-Division lines @ dense area of Bronx encounter malfunction,

dq42fp.jpg

As you see the line chart on the top right corner, I added one more section, the Bypass Lines, meaning lines that plies via the existing Light Rail tracks (MNR/LIRR), not just on the Heavy rail (Subway). (M) to chamber street is just for alternative in case the operators encounters a problem with the 6 avenue line.

The line of (J) to Staten Island, ignore it, and the word on the line chart says (S.I. CUNY, Staten Island) I save it aside, in case the MTA rail workers asks Union Tpke or any professional officers to extend the (J) to Staten Island, so I don't have to draw it again next time I will edit.

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20121024/parkchester/plan-bring-metro-north-trains-east-bronx-faces-long-island-opposition

This is the proposal for metro North, the reason why we will provide bypass line services. The existing mnr tracks not just willing to take the harlem line, also the hudson line.

So we will extend the (Q) via the west side track. That means i will get rid of 125 street upper west side crosstown.

Amtrak trains will be using proposed empire line to replace hudson, and hell gate line, going through queens, then to the bronx, for harlem and new haven line.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20121024/parkchester/plan-bring-metro-north-trains-east-bronx-faces-long-island-opposition

This is the proposal for metro North, the reason why we will provide bypass line services. The existing mnr tracks not just willing to take the harlem line, also the hudson line.

So we will extend the (Q) via the west side track. That means i will get rid of 125 street upper west side crosstown.

Amtrak trains will be using proposed empire line to replace hudson, and hell gate line, going through queens, then to the bronx, for harlem and new haven line.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapata

Why would you replace metro north with amtrak?  Metro north is a vitale service that needs to be left as is.

Why would you replace metro north with amtrak? Metro north is a vitale service that needs to be left as is.

Not just amtrak, metro north trains terminal will be moved to penn station. They will go via hell gate and empire lines. Empire line is going west, and hell gate is going east to go outside of nyc. See this message, sent to me in personal conversation by Union Tpke "The (T) should run along the Metro North ROW not Third Avenue in the Bronx."

That is what i meant. "...Metro North ROW…"

Not just amtrak, metro north trains terminal will be moved to penn station. They will go via hell gate and empire lines. Empire line is going west, and hell gate is going east to go outside of nyc. See this message, sent to me in personal conversation by Union Tpke "The (T) should run along the Metro North ROW not Third Avenue in the Bronx."

That is what i meant. "...Metro North ROW…"

If still not solved, then we will reserve hudson line for mnr. Thats the final decision

I'm more than a little disappointed that your map doesn't include the Cortlandt Street – World Trade Center (1)(9) station. I can forgive the removal of the (9) train, and I might even sympathise with it, but don't you think that this station would have reopened by the time your fantasy had become a reality?

Also, why not extend the (J)(Z) south to fill the shoes of the (brownM)?

I'm more than a little disappointed that your map doesn't include the Cortlandt Street – World Trade Center (1)(9) station. I can forgive the removal of the (9) train, and I might even sympathise with it, but don't you think that this station would have reopened by the time your fantasy had become a reality?

I hope you will be okay. The cortlandt (1) station is under construction. It will be out probably on the year 2020. I had removed one downtown station Franklin Street, in order to revive Cordlandt St. Also, I know you forgave the (9) removal because of the low ridership.

(J) and (Z) we hold on onto Broad Street. Also speaking about Cortlandt street, once they are ready to show up to the (1), then this station is back to life, and the subway map in th future will show that Cortlandt street station is seen black, instead of gray.

The cortlandt (1) station is under construction. It will be out probably on the year 2020.

2018, actually (confirmed by the (MTA) itself).

If you want to keep the terminus of the (J)(Z) at Broad Street, then which line will pick up the slack of the old (brownM) line down 4th Avenue in Brooklyn during peak hours? The (R) alone is insufficient.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to keep the terminus of the (J)(Z) at Broad Street, then which line will pick up the slack of the old (brownM) line down 4th Avenue in Brooklyn during peak hours? The (R) alone is insufficient.

Then let the (J) run on the west end line to Bay Parkway.

Better decision, extend the (brownM) to Coney Island Stillwell Avenue via the West End line, since according to my proposal, (D) will be moved to Queens Long Island Bypass line, then let the SAS (V) do the express on that line starting from Bay Parkway to Atlantic Barclay Center, and skip Dekalb Avenue. Off peak, trains will run from/to Bay Ridge - 95 Street together with the (R), both local then stopping at Dekalb Avenue, like you said only (R) alone on the 4 Avenue line is not enough.

I've been saying this for years, the (J) needs to be extended to Brooklyn either permanently or during rush hour. It is one of the, if not the only, lines that offers a transfer to pretty much every important line in Manhattan.

Yes, extend the (Z) to Brooklyn Brighton line to Brighton Beach, run it express. I will get rid of SAS (W) and change back to Broadway line, so the Whitehall Street Station will exercise its center track. (J) will take over 4 Avenue line via the (R) to Its terminus, and (brownM) will take over West end line to Coney Island.

Overall here are the extensions to Brooklyn

(J) 4 Av local to Bay Ridge 95 Street

(brownM) 4 Av Exp, West End local to Coney Island Stillwell Avenue

(Z) Brighton Exp to Brighton Beach

Yes, extend the (Z) to Brooklyn Brighton line to Brighton Beach, run it express. I will get rid of SAS (W) and change back to Broadway line, so the Whitehall Street Station will exercise its center track. (J) will take over 4 Avenue line via the (R) to Its terminus, and (brownM) will take over West end line to Coney Island.

I agree with most of this. Might have to make the (J) and (M) rush hour trips, but I completely agree with the (Z) full time.

I agree with most of this. Might have to make the (J) and (M) rush hour trips, but I completely agree with the (Z) full time.

Result:

Off Peak Hours, Weekends and Weeknights

(J) and

(brownM) terminates at Broad Street

Weekend (brownM) terminates at Chamber Street

(Z) still terminating at Brighton Beach Exp, since the (Q) is local on that line.

I disagree with most of this. The only thing I agree with (partially) is the (J) on the 4th Ave Local to/from 95th St, but definitely not as a full time service. Or why not have the (W) provide the extra 4th Ave local service, at least as far south as 59th St?

There's no reason for the (M) to revert back to the pre-2010 (brownM) service. Unless West End Line ridership has been growing like crazy for the past six years, which the (MTA) 's stats don't seem to reflect. Even then, the (J) or (W) could be plugged in there, rather than bringing back the old (brownM). And there's really no need for extending the (Z) to Brighton Beach. The Brighton Line has not had direct service to/from the Nassau St Line in 30 years. Why would it be needed now?

I disagree with most of this. The only thing I agree with (partially) is the (J) on the 4th Ave Local to/from 95th St, but definitely not as a full time service. Or why not have the (W) provide the extra 4th Ave local service, at least as far south as 59th St?

There's no reason for the (M) to revert back to the pre-2010 (brownM) service. Unless West End Line ridership has been growing like crazy for the past six years, which the (MTA) 's stats don't seem to reflect. Even then, the (J) or (W) could be plugged in there, rather than bringing back the old (brownM). And there's really no need for extending the (Z) to Brighton Beach. The Brighton Line has not had direct service to/from the Nassau St Line in 30 years. Why would it be needed now?

Then lets get rid of (brownM), I agreed with you I didnt even have a feeling reviving back that past line. Then lets extend the (W) to run via Brighton line exp, and (J) via 4 Avenue line to/from 95 Street. Both of them will operate only on Weekdays.

Or I agreed with you to extend (W) via 4th Avenue line. Then why dont we put the (B) back on the Brighton line, i dont have a feeling putting the (J) there.

Then...

Run (B) to Queens to Parson Blvd, via 6 avenue local, and 63 street line, Queens Blvd local, and Hillside local.

Run (M) to Bedford Park Blvd in the Bronx rush hour, other time to 145 Street in Uptown Manhattan from Metropolitan Avenue overall via Myrtle Avenue (existing), via proposed South 4 street-Houston Street tunnel, 6 avenue express, Central Park West local, and Grand Concourse local.

Run (W) to Astoria, via 4 avenue line full time local, and its trip used to work in the Pre-2010.

Or I agreed with you to extend (W) via 4th Avenue line. Then why dont we put the (B) back on the Brighton line, i dont have a feeling putting the (J) there.

Then...

Run (B) to Queens to Parson Blvd, via 6 avenue local, and 63 street line, Queens Blvd local, and Hillside local.

Run (M) to Bedford Park Blvd in the Bronx rush hour, other time to 145 Street in Uptown Manhattan from Metropolitan Avenue overall via Myrtle Avenue (existing), via proposed South 4 street-Houston Street tunnel, 6 avenue express, Central Park West local, and Grand Concourse local.

Run (W) to Astoria, via 4 avenue line full time local, and its trip used to work in the Pre-2010.

So that means the South 4 street-Houston street tunnel will connect to the express track in 2 avenue (F) station. So (M) to Uptown Manhattan on the express track, (F) to Queens on the local track, 6 avenue local, 53 street, Queens Blvd express, and Jamaica local.

Archived