Donald Trump And The 2016 Presidential Election In Depth Analysis And Prediction

NYCguy

• 2 weeks later...

Donald Trump does not have to worry about publicity as the same media that can't stand him will do everything that they can to publicize what he says as it is all about RATINGS! and the money that comes with people tuning in to hear what he has to say.

If it was someone else and they said the same thing, they would be lucky to get a brief mention on except maybe on some obscure website on the internet

Just a reminder that the presidential primary in New York State is Tuesday April 19 and you must be a registered party member to vote in the election. The reason that I bring this up at this time is as long as the candidate's name is on the ballot at that time, you can vote for that person and send a message. There is a party primary for federal offices (United States Senate and House of Representatives) that will be held at the end of June and a party primary for local offices that is normally in September but this year may be (the bill is in the legislature) held in August. The reason for the change is that there are federal rules that now mandate time points for sending out absentee ballots for the November election.

The reason that I bring this up at this time is that is extremely important that everyone take the time to vote. If you are not registered, then register and come out to vote as it makes a big difference. In fact it is so much easier today to vote as compared with days when I first started voting in June 1969 as the old lever machines are finally gone  Yet I have observed too many young people who have told me every single excuse in the book for not voting but yet they are the first to complain about what is going on today.

Personally, I  do not care who you are voting for but it is most important that you come out and  vote.

Let me correct my statement about the June primary this year. The August primary will replace both the June (Federal offices) and the September (State offices) primary.

The bill has been passed by the New York State Senate today and has been sent back to the New York State Assembly (Source: Capitol Confidential.com (Albany Times-Union) which is an excellent source for current information on issues involving New York State)

He won't, the system has already picked and as much as I love, and will vote for, Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton is the choice.

Kinda shows how far off the Republicans have fallen off the reservation....

The New Jersey Presidential Primary is scheduled for Tuesday June 7 and quite honestly I am not sure if it is an open (for all registered voters regardless of affiliation) or a closed (party members only) primary.

The New York Presidential Primary is scheduled for April 19 (as I previously stated) as New York State moved up the date from the last Tuesday at the end of June as it was in 2012. There was a reason for this at that time was as the farther along in the process, the less influence the state has in determining the party candidate. This year is different as many of the states that are voting in the middle or at the end of the primary season have winner take all elections which means that who is the winner gets all the delegates from that state.  

Again as I said in a previous message, I do not care who you vote for as long as you come out and exercise your right to vote.

• 1 month later...

It is two days after the primary and I want to thank everyone who came out and voted and tried to vote in this election.I realize that it was hard to vote in many cases and despite what is said in the media, there were many employees who worked very hard to make sure that everyone who was supposed to be allowed to vote was able to cast their ballots for their candidate.

It seems that my prediction of the winner take all delegates proved correct and that is what happened.

• 7 months later...

Archived