How long will MTA HR inform the starting day after drug test

Rob87

MTA coworkers ,

How are you everyone , I applied for MTA car inspector last year but was informed to have an unofficial interview on Wednesday , the 17 ,2016 . I have been waiting for this job for a long long months . Please tell , how long would HR give a call to the potential employees who have no problems in drug test and background check . Thank you .

Plus , I don't mind to go in person to ask them if I do not receive any notice in 30 days .

MTA coworkers ,

How are you everyone , I applied for MTA car inspector last year but was informed to have an unofficial interview on Wednesday , the 17 ,2016 . I have been waiting for this job for a long long months . Please tell , how long would HR give a call to the potential employees who have no problems in drug test and background check . Thank you .

Plus , I don't mind to go in person to ask them if I do not receive any notice in 30 days .

First of all, welcome to the site! This is the "Transit Employment" section which will help you not only through the hiring process, but also (hopefully) with a successful career as well. Second, I would invite you to look at this thread for any future questions you might have and to also help you along, especially since the thread has been viewed over 10,000 times already.

Third, from reading the other threads, the general rule of thumb is anywhere from 3 to 90 business (not calendar) days.  They go in order by list number and by the hiring needs, respectively. If they don't call you within those 90 days, once they're ready to move on to the next step, they'll call you for another drug test. 

If I was you, I would not either call them or go down if you don't receive notice in 30 days. If you do, you're just going to do one thing: annoy them, especially with all of the people they see on a daily basis for the other positions.

Archived