Cool fantasy map

TheNewYorkElevated

I don't think getting rid of the Jamaica El is necessary. 

Also, a line connecting LGA and JFK isn't needed. Abandoning the (2) tunnels into the Bronx isn't needed and that shouldn't be a priority. Expanding into SI and further into Eastern Queens are more important. I don't like the idea of the Second Avenue – Dyre service as it doesn't provide new service via a new corridor. He should revert to his old proposal of a Third Avenue Line and a Lafayette Avenue Line. 

These services could be provided by adding lower level express tracks to Phases 1 and 2. In addition, converting 51st to an express station isn't needed. Two services via the West End Line aren't needed, adding one to the Fulton Street Line would be more useful. Also, having the H terminate at Church doesn't do much. Extending it via Fort Hamilton Parkway and Tenth Avenue to Dyker Heights and 86th Street would be more productive.

Overall, I think that this map is a downgrade from previous maps of his.

Also, not putting in the TriboroRx is a big mistake.

His obsession with reviving the lines through South 4th St is a bit unhealthy, to say the least. Also, the Bronx and Queens alignments kind of show he knows very little about those boroughs (the Bruckner over Third? A Bruckner-Pelham transfer at Whitlock instead of Hunts Point? Rego Park is more important than Jackson Heights? The (7) going to College Point/Whitestone on a road east of Parsons Blvd?)

Also, having the H terminate at Church doesn't do much. Extending it via Fort Hamilton Parkway and Tenth Avenue to Dyker Heights and 86th Street would be more productive.

Overall, I think that this map is a downgrade from previous maps of his.

Also, not putting in the TriboroRx is a big mistake.

THIS. And add a branch to Staten Island splitting at 67 Street with stops at 4 Avenue (connecting to the north end of Bay Ridge Avenue (R)) and 67 Street-Owl's Head Park (stretching from the intersection of 67th and Ridge Blvd to the intersection of 68th and Shore) then under the Narrows connecting to the SIR just before Grasmere.

The (G) can serve Dyker Heights-86 Street with the (H) going to Tottenville, giving Staten Island direct service to 6th Avenue in Manhattan.

He had this on the map before. I don't know why he got rid of it.

I think that there should be a Tenth Avenue Line, but I would have it turn east going under 50th Street and Northern Boulevard.

Then I direct you to my proposals lol. The difference being it runs along 57th Street for a more direct connection and allows the most connections with both express and local services. I do, however, think that a new queens service connecting with 10th Avenue should be a whole new service that terminates at 14th Street. To accommodate this, a station at Washington Street-14th Street should be built to three tracks and two island platforms to allow half of all (L) services to terminate there and provide the most crowded portions maximum service. Naturally, this same station would provide transfer tunnels to the 10th Avenue-14th Street terminal for Northern Boulevard trains.

...Too much?

Also, I disagree with ANY proposal asking for Utica Avenue trains to be routed along the Eastern Parkway IRT for very similar reasons that engineers have been concerned about since at least 1909. Yeah, you can add service to new areas but you are funneling new passengers into already congested lines, and removing any possible capacity for passengers who already use them. That's adding to the problem.

Then I direct you to my proposals lol. The difference being it runs along 57th Street for a more direct connection and allows the most connections with both express and local services. I do, however, think that a new queens service connecting with 10th Avenue should be a whole new service that terminates at 14th Street. To accommodate this, a station at Washington Street-14th Street should be built to three tracks and two island platforms to allow half of all (L) services to terminate there and provide the most crowded portions maximum service. Naturally, this same station would provide transfer tunnels to the 10th Avenue-14th Street terminal for Northern Boulevard trains.

...Too much?

Also, I disagree with ANY proposal asking for Utica Avenue trains to be routed along the Eastern Parkway IRT for very similar reasons that engineers have been concerned about since at least 1909. Yeah, you can add service to new areas but you are funneling new passengers into already congested lines, and removing any possible capacity for passengers who already use them. That's adding to the problem.

as I said I would have it run as part of a North Brooklyn Trunk. A branch of the SAS and a new Chambers Street Crosstown connecting to the Worth Street stub, would run under Grand Street and Stuyvesant, and then Utica Avenue to Kings Plaza.

as I said I would have it run as part of a North Brooklyn Trunk. A branch of the SAS and a new Chambers Street Crosstown connecting to the Worth Street stub, would run under Grand Street and Stuyvesant, and then Utica Avenue to Kings Plaza.

I would have it (I'm gonna call it (K)) start at Fordham Plaza in the Bronx connect to the 207 Street yard leads then via 8 Avenue (local or express-your pick) then Worth Street, under Grand Street in Manhattan then South 4th Street, Stuyvesant Av and Utica Avenue in Brooklyn ending at Kings Plaza

I would have it (I'm gonna call it (K)) start at Fordham Plaza in the Bronx connect to the 207 Street yard leads then via 8 Avenue (local or express-your pick) then Worth Street, under Grand Street in Manhattan then South 4th Street, Stuyvesant Av and Utica Avenue in Brooklyn ending at Kings Plaza

it would have to be local as the bellmouths at Worth Street only connect to the local tracks. Also, I would have it go under Grand Street in Brooklyn as a way of relieving crowding off of the (L) train. By the way, I named that line the (H).

it would have to be local as the bellmouths at Worth Street only connect to the local tracks. Also, I would have it go under Grand Street in Brooklyn as a way of relieving crowding off of the (L) train. By the way, I named that line the (H).

You're forgetting the fact that it's a double crossover at Canal Street.

A train could switch from the (A) track to the (E) track then go via Worth Street.

You guys are forgetting that this was more of a cost-effective plan, not a full out fantasy map where there are unlimited resources.

Having a new tunnel for the 2 and 3, rebuilding the Jamaica El, extending the PATH to SI, and having a useless line that runs from LGA to JFK should not be priorities.

Having Phases 1 and 2 of the SAS four tracks would be a priority. Having a full Utica Avenue/Grand Street line would be a higher priority, Building the Triboro Rx would be a higher priority.

I've always wondered why they couldn't raze the south end of WTC station and punch the tracks through the wall and connect them with the Broadway line right there. Then the (E) could potentially go into South Brooklyn. That would be trippy!

I don't think DeKalb could handle an additional 15TPH, even if it were to all go down the 4th Av local (which, IMO, would just be downright excessive). If that was done you wouldn't be able to have a (W), which screws over Astoria once SAS opens up.

You're forgetting the fact that it's a double crossover at Canal Street.

A train could switch from the (A) track to the (E) track then go via Worth Street.

So now we'll have a new service crossing the (C) , as if the junction isn't bad enough

So now we'll have a new service crossing the (C) , as if the junction isn't bad enough

I didn't specifically say that. I only said that such a service was possible.

I'd rather have the Worth Street service run local with the (C) express the same way downtown 8th Av has been running this weekend with the (E)(F) local and the (A)(C) express.

The 3 going down Utica Avenue isn't that big a problem if you're talking about switching, except it would have to run 24/7. It would just need a couple of more train sets for that service. But the amount of passengers might be too much for it to handle. Then again, this presents the cheap option.

I don't think DeKalb could handle an additional 15TPH, even if it were to all go down the 4th Av local (which, IMO, would just be downright excessive). If that was done you wouldn't be able to have a (W), which screws over Astoria once SAS opens up.

What if the (W) was terminated at City Hall?

Archived