W train coming back this fall

R32 3838

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever car is for the (N) is gonna be the same for the (W). Idk why you guys think any other car besides R160s and R68s could be on the (W).

I can see why they asked because for all we know they could be swapping subway cars/transferring subway cars to other yards. I personally don't think it will happen in this case but then again it has happened before when new changes came into effect (Speaking in general) so anything is possible.

According to the board meeting materials (Starting on page 132)

- The fall pick (and the service changes) are currently planned for November.

- The (W) will run from 7 AM to 11 PM like it did pre-2010. Seems obvious, but I'm listing this just because (Q) service from Astoria starts at 6 AM right now, so that's roughly an hour in change.

Just for comparisons's sake:

First SB (Q) departs Ditmars Blvd: 6:02

First SB (W) departs Ditmars Blvd: 6:53 (pre-2010)

First NB (Q) arrives at Ditmars Blvd: 6:34

First NB (W) arrives at Ditmars Blvd: 7:45 (pre-2010)

Don't get the whole need for Public Hearings, when essentially it's just re-branding of service, no new capital construction is necessary, and the $14 million was inevitably going to be spent as part of the whole SAS re-alignments.  Were public hearings held when the previous 2010 service cuts were going to be reversed for every restored bus route or subway schedule adjustment?  Sounds like just an excuse to spend additional money when there's not a substantial service impact on the commuting public.  Just an observation.

With those restorations, what happened is that they implemented the changes on a pilot basis (with the intention of making it permanent after the hearings). They also scheduled the public hearings at the MTA headquarters themselves, so they wouldn't have to spend the money to rent out a location to hold the hearing. 

Split Q service would have worked to and would have been better.

Personally, I think split terminals are a bad concept. You'd be surprised at how many people end up surprised when they end up in Far Rockaway instead of Lefferts because they were too ignorant to read.

Personally, I think split terminals are a bad concept. You'd be surprised at how many people end up surprised when they end up in Far Rockaway instead of Lefferts because they were too ignorant to read.

Those people in Manhattan would probably bitch about the split  (Q) service especially those in Upper East Side and Astoria. 

Those people in Manhattan would probably bitch about the split  (Q) service especially those in Upper East Side and Astoria. 

Rightfully so. The MTA didn't spend a few billion dollars tunneling through bedrock to serve it with Rockaway-level frequencies (which would result in overcrowding anyway).

We have a problem though, and that's Whitehall St. The (W) needs a new terminal to terminate at, or else we are going to have chaos just like we had in pre-2010. City Hall can be one of them, but I was thinking of sending the (W) down the (D) line to 9 Av during rush hours and middays, and the rest can terminate at either 36 St or Atlantic.

And why does everyone keep saying the (V) is coming back, IT IS NOT COMING BACK!!!

Archived