W train coming back this fall

R32 3838

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a problem though, and that's Whitehall St. The (W) needs a new terminal to terminate at, or else we are going to have chaos just like we had in pre-2010. City Hall can be one of them, but I was thinking of sending the (W) down the (D) line to 9 Av during rush hours and middays, and the rest can terminate at either 36 St or Atlantic.

And why does everyone keep saying the (V) is coming back, IT IS NOT COMING BACK!!!

The  (W) ran every 10 minutes and Whitehall St can handle that. 

With those restorations, what happened is that they implemented the changes on a pilot basis (with the intention of making it permanent after the hearings). They also scheduled the public hearings at the MTA headquarters themselves, so they wouldn't have to spend the money to rent out a location to hold the hearing. 

Still don't get the whole point of it all.  This just means someone can create a "fancy" PowerPoint presentation and Fact Sheets/discussion notes to be printed/distributed, and to schedule the "Public Hearing" (if going the cheap way and doing it at HQ versus the neighborhood(s) where an impact would be seen) at 9:30am or 2:00pm.  Gives them cover and that's about it, especially since most commuters would be either in a commute or at work, so the majority cannot really attend.  So a handful of people show up, have a little coffee, get their 2,3, 5 minutes speaking time and noted into the Minutes, and the MTA pats itself on the back -- and tells anyone who questions them, "Sucks to be you that your schedule didn't allow it, but we had a hearing......"

Not trying to make this bigger than it is, but just look at the last "Hearings" they had over subway station changes to the public areas.  IIRC there were under 10 people who came and addressed the meeting, and they made known how many comments pro/con were made via other contact methods, but it was a done-deal anyways (in the MTA's mind) and the rubber-stamp was passed around the table.  But, once again, they could say they held a "Public Hearing" to anyone questioning their methods.

where did that oos transfer at lex 63rd st go on that second map? Aside, it looks really interesting

I'm kinda new, can someone explain to me why the (N) express will stop at 49th street after SAS

Lack of punch box at the south end of 5 Av-59 St and the age of the signals north of the 57 St-7 Av interlocking.

Not trying to be a party pooper but I do not see this happening anytime soon because we're already short on subway cars and if the SAS Opening isn't delayed again, how are we going to make service if we're short on cars? If the R179s weren't delayed on their delivery I can see this working out but right now I don't.

And thats why I was I glad I went to the opening Ceremony riding the first train from 34th Street which was peaceful.

Yup.Me too. I actually got your hat in one of my pictures!

Although when SAS opens, I'm going to try to get the first 96 Street bound (Q) at Coney Island because its just a B64 ride from my house.

Archived