Small Survey: Respect to our customers!~~

mark1447

Hey guys...

was wondering something...

If you are or (will) be a T/O, B/O, C/R or any worker for ether NYCTA, NJT, SPETA, PATH or your Local/National Transportration group will you (Or do you) show respect tp your customers who enter your car?

Meaning like not being grumby and stuff, like soo in a damn rush for a crappy NFL/MLB game rather then being a well respected worker and care about making cash,, your family(Of course lol) the customer and soo...

Seeing that I see some T/os B/os, c/rs or wat ever being such asn a*s, which i hate as hell ..

My self I will be respectful, and be caring toom not just for the money, but to be looked up too and stuff, so people would now im a nice person, plus as bonus seeing that im cuban, i will translate to my spanish people too when doing C/R, ive seen lots of them doing the same thing and B/os too :P

Well its up to you ~~:D

Well it's up to you, but of course seeing a happy face from train crews is always good, but it depends on what kind of people you run into working. Some are on the job and just want to see the paycheck coming, others actually enjoy what they're doing. I think some C/R's can be grumpy because it is a stressful job, and the tourists etc... but if you're nice overall you're nice to your customer, right? :P

Well it's up to you, but of course seeing a happy face from train crews is always good, but it depends on what kind of people you run into working. Some are on the job and just want to see the paycheck coming, others actually enjoy what they're doing. I think some C/R's can be grumpy because it is a stressful job, and the tourists etc... but if you're nice overall you're nice to your customer, right? :D

well i had a feeling u were the only one to comment :P

Yeah Im not gonna be one of those C/rs who just dont give an "F" . I will be a nice gentlemen

how about u

well Im nothing yet but a couple observations anyway...

I doubt I will be as "into it" as a worker, I'd answer people's questions and go for nostalgia train rides obviously but I probably won't be as interested in riding for riding's sake at that point...I'll still enjoy it but it won't be what it is now, because heck even now it isn't always what it used to be...that has nothing to do with the equpment just has to do with you can only discuss the equipment so much, personally now I find technical stuff or learning RTO rules more interesting than chasing car numbers from manufacturer plant to yard or from yard to yard, making fantasy maps, or guessing what planned future contracts will look like but thats just me..for me the nostalgia trains are more about meeting up with people I havent seen in a while and chilling, and of course riding the trains. but hey thats the way i see it, if you see it different than good for you, to each their own...

Its tough to say will I be nice or not, I think thats a day to day thing more. There are a lot of a-holes out there and Im sure those of you who do work the road get it in all shapes and colors from people of all shapes and colors and there are good days and bad days. So as a general rule I'd like to be helpful, but you never know whats going to happen that day, but I will stay by the book.

As for photography I will never report anyone for photography unless they are standing on or in a restricted area, Id do my job whether T/O or C/R by following the rules intelligently, if I found out someone was a railfan and they conducted themselves accordingly I might give them some info or chat with them or otherwise be friendly but nothing that would compromise my job if say a good TSS saw me doing it.

just my 2c on that..

well Im nothing yet but a couple observations anyway...

I doubt I will be as "into it" as a worker, I'd answer people's questions and go for nostalgia train rides obviously but I probably won't be as interested in riding for riding's sake at that point...I'll still enjoy it but it won't be what it is now, because heck even now it isn't always what it used to be...that has nothing to do with the equpment just has to do with you can only discuss the equipment so much, personally now I find technical stuff or learning RTO rules more interesting than chasing car numbers from manufacturer plant to yard or from yard to yard, making fantasy maps, or guessing what planned future contracts will look like but thats just me..for me the nostalgia trains are more about meeting up with people I havent seen in a while and chilling, and of course riding the trains. but hey thats the way i see it, if you see it different than good for you, to each their own...

Its tough to say will I be nice or not, I think thats a day to day thing more. There are a lot of a-holes out there and Im sure those of you who do work the road get it in all shapes and colors from people of all shapes and colors and there are good days and bad days. So as a general rule I'd like to be helpful, but you never know whats going to happen that day, but I will stay by the book.

As for photography I will never report anyone for photography unless they are standing on or in a restricted area, Id do my job whether T/O or C/R by following the rules intelligently, if I found out someone was a railfan and they conducted themselves accordingly I might give them some info or chat with them or otherwise be friendly but nothing that would compromise my job if say a good TSS saw me doing it.

just my 2c on that..

Here Here! Well Put Drew:cool:

As a B/O with a bad B/O, it depended on if it was my time of the week, or not. If was manstrating, then i wouldn't pay half a mind to who got on. If I was in my so clean and fresh mood, then I would say high to the cuties (young females). Everyone else as far as I was concerned, could crawl under a rock and wait till their time here was up.

In the subway, I am happy, I say high, or give the nod, and will be helpful as I could be to our "customer", which I call passengers..........

SGuy very nice, are you working with T/A at the moment or plan?

I worked for the transit museum and im continuing as special events so I work the tours, nostalgia Trains (only the ones done through the TM), etc...currently in the process of taking the C/R and T/O exams (provided im eligibile for T/O)

I'd probably be sickeningly nice. I would love to say good morning, and give them all kinds of random facts. Or something...something to make them smile.

And also, I'd make sure I look my best in the morning...who wants to see someone all scruffy and disgusting?

I believe its sort required or recommended or something that you should be courteous, as a transit employee, to the customer/rider/commuter.

Being polite and courteous makes things run more smoothly and nicely. Don't be rowdy if the customer is to you. Try to at least calm that person down to find out whats the problem, and if they don't cooperate, then just move it along or find the next available higher up or the authorities. I'm sure thats how they tell one to handle a situation such as that.

Archived