About Conductor exam 8094 (12/6/08)

JRams16

Hi all im 18 and have filed to take this exam on December 6th. I have been reading about how long it takes to get called after you take the test etc. And i have seen that even people who scored in the high 90's waited YEARS to get a call. But after doing some research i noticed that the last Conductor exam given in the year 2003 or 2004 (Dont remember which) The filing for the test was from October 1st to October 21st (20 days to file just like this years exam) which is September 3rd to September 23rd. However The exam that was given in the year 03 or 04, The filing period was extended for some odd reason. It was extended from October 21st to November 25th, Meaning that people had 56 Days to file for this exam (From October 1st to November 25th) Compared to this years only 20 days to file. And also this year i believe that is not the case, I think that after September 23rd you wont be able to file anymore, So if you really think about it the list numbers might be MUCH LOWER this time around. Now i may be TOTALLY wrong because i dont work for the MTA nor do i know much about them. So does this mean that people might get lower list numbers and get hired much quicker this time ?

Shorter filing periods doesn't really mean less people or lower list numbers. Anyways, if they don't get enough people to sign up, they will extend and keep extending til enough people sign up. In the past, the conductor test used to be a lottery. Also, even if you get a low list number there is still a long line of people from previous exams ahead of you.

Archived