"Train Man" - Film to be made about the exploits of Darius McCollum

itmaybeokay

Apparently featuring Julia Roberts as his Lawyer. 

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/julia-roberts-crime-dram-train-man-darius-mccollum-1201729771/

Roberts would play a lawyer tasked with defending Darius McCollum, the criminal (and Internet celebrity) known for impersonating public transit authorities in order to drive away subway trains and Greyhound buses. McCollum, who is diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome, has been arrested more than 25 times for such crimes. Roberts’ character would be his most recent lawyer, and his previous heists (starting at age 15) are shown throughout the film via flashbacks.

...I just hope it doesn't inspire copycats  :mellow:

This is uncalled for what's next a movie about the conquestors.

You can not be serious....

^^My thoughts exactly.

It's stuff like this that's the reason why I don't go to the movies anymore. I'm not gonna contribute to filmmakers capitalizing off this man's disability, and giving the public yet another thing to be scared of/worried about. We already got enough people shaking in their boots because of what the media tells them. We don't need to give society a reason to alienate or fear Aspies. 

^^My thoughts exactly.

It's stuff like this that's the reason why I don't go to the movies anymore. I'm not gonna contribute to filmmakers capitalizing off this man's disability, and giving the public yet another thing to be scared of/worried about. We already got enough people shaking in their boots because of what the media tells them. We don't need to give society a reason to alienate or fear Aspies. 

Well, that's what I'm curious about. Is it going to be exploitative or is it going to be reasonable? 

As a filmmaker - I'm reasonably sure that there's a way to tell this story that doesn't exploit, demonize or fear-monger. On the other hand, it's pretty easy to make a regrettable piece of trash...

Archived