Potential QM- Relabeling, Q104, B36 Diversions, Q54 reroute in Jamaica and more

BM5 via Woodhaven

Not for the QM24/QM34. They have it at most pick-ups and drop offs. Although it should be the MTA's job to post information for that. I haven't seen that, or anything stating the QM12 is stopping at Woodhaven Blvd (the stop doesn't have the "QM12" designation).

They probably won't until a day before it starts.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or maybe DOT wants to hold on to what they once had. It still amazes me they haven't been replaced yet. Have they given an official reason why?

I don't think it's that at all... Just too lazy or they think it's too expensive.  We've had a few of them replaced in Riverdale, but I think that was because some residents made a stink and monies may have been allocated specifically for those stops.  I myself write in when signage needs to be replaced in my neighborhood.

They should've just been even lazier and not bothered to change the sign. In fact, the main branch is the 6th Avenue branch, so they would've actually been better off doing that.

Yeah what's the point of changing the drop-off stops anyway? 

To also add, IDK what DOT was doing, but they placed the "QM34" designation on top of the QM24, as if it was being discontinued. Now the stops read "QM25" and then "QM34" for the most part (and then some haven't been changed).

I suspect that they planned the renumbering to keep the QM25/QM34 together (just as the Q25/Q34 are together).

to me is excellent that the jamaica buses routes uses articulated buses since the q111,113/4 are by far always congested and in rush hours the lines can be as far as to the subway entrance...with the articulated buses it would benefit more users to not wait for another bus or even two to three missed buses...also i would assume that the drivers are to expert the narrow guy brewer blvd especially the short turn at farmers blvd and for the q114 the curves at those very narrow streets at lawrence cedarhurst and inwood nassau county

Allah Almighty, go away for a while and this is the minutiae that is "discussed".

As I said before, this is a "make work" effort.

Let's do some "man on the street"-type reporting: Do you REALLY think that Express Bus users (who regularly frequent a stop) are going to be phased by some new signage?

How about UPDATING ALL OF THE SIGNS to begin with?  Or is that too hard for the NYCDOT to handle?

And let's go back to my contention of "making work":

Put sole-of-shoe to the pavement and ask the regular users if they're "confused" (as MTA says) over destination signs on the fizzing buses.

They'd be more happy IF the fuggin' buses showed up on time and could get them to Manhattan according to schedule than something about signs on the street or what the destination sign says.

C'mon guys, set your sights higher than this.  But then again, the vast majority settles for the crap the MTA does anyways, so what diff does it make, right?

I want to ride on the QM44 Tuesday just to see the confusion on people's faces.

SAME!!!

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Please take a video of their reactions. While you are there, pay the express bus fare only in nickels.

[emoji122][emoji75]

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

If you got on my bus, you'd get a nasty look along with some profanity.... 

I'd slow down and piss them off even more. In any case, the bus driver can continue going while I pay. 

I hate people that pay in coins, esp. in Manhattan.  It's like a get a damn Metrocard... 

What if you're in a rush? Every time I'm in Manhattan the Metrocard lines are way too long. Outside the city it makes sense, but people who pay in coins really don't take much longer. Most of the time they sit down counts out the coins and pay as the bus is going. 

If you got on my bus, you'd get a nasty look along with some profanity.... I hate people that pay in coins, esp. in Manhattan.  It's like a get a damn Metrocard... 

In that case, I'll do that just to be petty, try me, because I will fire back!

I'll make sure by the end of it all, you'll get a nasty headache. ;)

I'd slow down and piss them off even more. In any case, the bus driver can continue going while I pay. 

What if you're in a rush? Every time I'm in Manhattan the Metrocard lines are way too long. Outside the city it makes sense, but people who pay in coins really don't take much longer. Most of the time they sit down counts out the coins and pay as the bus is going.

That is generally not the case.  I've paid in coins myself here and there when I lived on Staten Island and it was just as annoying with me doing it because I would call ahead to any places nearby that sell Metrocards to see if they had any and of course they didn't, so I would get car service to the express bus and use quarters, but even with those, you have to put them in slowly or they get stuck in the machine.

In that case, I'll do that just to be petty, try me, because I will fire back!

I'll make sure by the end of it all, you'll get a nasty headache. ;)

lol... I'm much more understanding when it happens going to the city because I myself have been in that predicament.  Either walk all the way to 242nd and Broadway and then hope that the MVMs are working there or try the one store that sells Metrocards near me that is always out... However getting on in the city and not having a Metrocard... Annoys me to no end....

That is generally not the case.  I've paid in coins myself here and there when I lived on Staten Island and it was just as annoying with me doing it because I would call ahead to any places nearby that sell Metrocards to see if they had any and of course they didn't, so I would get car service to the express bus and use quarters, but even with those, you have to put them in slowly or they get stuck in the machine.

I've never seen that issue before, but then again the MTA has gotten rid of most of their old buses at this point.

Archived