Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Any CDL-BP Holders Seeking Experience?


Recommended Posts

  • 4 months later...
On 6/25/2019 at 8:40 PM, +Young+ said:

There are full-time shifts, they just stopped hiring part-time Bus Operators due to the high turnover.

My apologies in bumping this thread, however the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation is, once again, hiring Bus Operators...click here for more details and click here for their fleet roster.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+
Updated Link as of 12/7/19
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 5:27 PM, +Young+ said:

My apologies in bumping this thread, however the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation is, once again, hiring Bus Operators...click here for more details and click here for their fleet roster.

Good luck!!

Did they change the requirements? It says "Class B CDL - Preffered".

Edited by +Young+
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 5:07 PM, Lawrence St said:

Did they change the requirements? It says "Class B CDL - Preffered".

Not to my knowledge. If you want to double check, you can call (212) 832 4583 for more information.

Edited by +Young+
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping this thread again, but I was finally able to acquire my CDL and can not wait to start!

While I'm waiting on the MABSTOA test in May, does anyone know what the requirements are for bus operators for Hudson Link/NICE, which I think are both run by transdev? Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Sorry for bumping this thread again, but I was finally able to acquire my CDL and can not wait to start!

While I'm waiting on the MABSTOA test in May, does anyone know what the requirements are for bus operators for Hudson Link/NICE, which I think are both run by transdev? Thanks.

First, congrats! How do you feel?

Second, to answer your question, I would encourage you to check out this and this Indeed posting. And yes, from looking at the pictures of the Hudson Link bus up close, both of them are run by TransDev.

Good luck!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

First, congrats! How do you feel?

Second, to answer your question, I would encourage you to check out this and this Indeed posting. And yes, from looking at the pictures of the Hudson Link bus up close, both of them are run by TransDev.

Good luck!!

In all honesty, I was to nervous lol. I thought I failed the pre-trip portion and the instructor said "move on to parking" and I said "wait what? I passed the pre trip!?" 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

In all honesty, I was to nervous lol. I thought I failed the pre-trip portion and the instructor said "move on to parking" and I said "wait what? I passed the pre trip!?" 

I hear ya. Fortunately, I took both CDL road tests in April of 2014 and August of 2015, and, from looking at the recent pre-trip videos, I would probably feel the exact same way.

Again, congratulations!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Hey folks, I have good news!!

        As of this typing (Saturday, May 30th, 2020 at 7:15 PM), for some reason, which I'm not going to speculate on, ABM Industries has posted several job openings on indeed.com for LaGuardia Airport (zip code 11371) and Kennedy Airport (zip code 11430) for the following titles:

  • CDL Bus Driver**
  • Shuttle Supervisor
  • Bus Dispatcher
  • Assistant General Manager
  • General Manager
  • Regional Safety/Customer Service/Training Manager
  • Contractor Representative
  • A few more which are not relevant to this forum, respectively

** = The job description does not require the candidate to have any experience, however the candidate needs to be DOT Certified (also known as having a valid medical certificate).

Good luck applying!!

Stay safe and healthy!!

Edited by +Young+
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Random thought regarding CDL bp experience, In Florida for most jobs I noticed they want you to have experience like the public schools but for a small transit agency like leetran  they will take you off the street and train you etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

For anyone applying for RIOC, I wanted to share my experience:

The entire application process was a disaster. I had applied (before COVID) for the position and was told I would be called when the position opened up. When the pandemic hit, everything went on a hiring freeze and a few months ago the application opened back up. I tried to reach the HR department to ask if I should submit a new application and it kept going to voicemail, so I applied again. A week goes by and I received a denial notice, so I try to call HR again to see what the issue was and I spoke with the HR manager who was incredibly rude and had an attitude. All I asked was what had happened and I tried to explain the situation and she screamed at me saying if they deny you, they deny you and that she doesn't accept solicitation calls and hung up the phone on me. I don't understand how asking for help with an application is a solicitation call. That is completely unprofessional, and I wonder if it's this bad at RIOC how worse it would be at (MTA).

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

For anyone applying for RIOC, I wanted to share my experience:

The entire application process was a disaster. I had applied (before COVID) for the position and was told I would be called when the position opened up. When the pandemic hit, everything went on a hiring freeze and a few months ago the application opened back up. I tried to reach the HR department to ask if I should submit a new application and it kept going to voicemail, so I applied again. A week goes by and I received a denial notice, so I try to call HR again to see what the issue was and I spoke with the HR manager who was incredibly rude and had an attitude. All I asked was what had happened and I tried to explain the situation and she screamed at me saying if they deny you, they deny you and that she doesn't accept solicitation calls and hung up the phone on me. I don't understand how asking for help with an application is a solicitation call. That is completely unprofessional, and I wonder if it's this bad at RIOC how worse it would be at (MTA).

My sincere condolences for what you went through...apparently things changed since I left. Anyways, I sent you a Private Message (PM) in regards to this. If you can send me a reply, it would be truly appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Do you (yes, you reading this post) have a CDL (Class A, B or C) with no N1 or N2 restriction, live in Queens, Nassau and/or Western Suffolk County, and are looking for either a full-time or part-time temporary position this summer? If so, Shibley Day Camp is looking to hire drivers for their 8-week, 39 day program (with the exception of July 5th).

If you're interested, the phone number is on the bottom of this webpage, just ask for "Bob" when getting in contact. Also note that the camp leases the mini-school buses from Suffolk Transportation Services for their 8 week program, therefore the buses will be at the camp in Roslyn and not in Suffolk.

Stay safe and healthy!!

Edited by +Young+
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.