Orion Buses

CNYBusBuilder

This driver i had on the B103 one time he was in a bad mode becuase someone took his Orion VII and he had to take an TMC RTS. Long story short in the middle of his mild rant, he said that he picked the BM3 for next pic and then he said quote on quote "Watch them put me on a run that doesn't require cruisers" The way he said it, you could tell that he rather have the cruiser than a CNG.

EDIT btw when was this?

Over the past year, College Point drivers I met had the same opinion when running the QM1A/QM1 except 3 of them.

The cng orions have design to them but from what I have heard they are not comfy. is that true?

For drivers or commuters? For commuters its the MCI cruisers hands down, however surbubuan CNG's have softer seats but the cruisers have more leg room for tall people, and reading lights.

The cng orions have design to them but from what I have heard they are not comfy. is that true?
The hard seat ones are similar to Orion Vs, and the Suburbans are comfy, MCIs are more comfy but the V CNG is comfy too, I get one every now and then on the QBx1. I want to see 7253 there again...I got a camera now.

For drivers or commuters? For commuters its the MCI cruisers hands down, however surbubuan CNG's have softer seats but the cruisers have more leg room for tall people, and reading lights.

I'm an exception to that. When I take the QM1A I wait for a CNG. I like the MCI's but I find it easier to sleep on a CNG for some reason. Plus they're a lot faster

I'm an exception to that. When I take the QM1A I wait for a CNG. I like the MCI's but I find it easier to sleep on a CNG for some reason. Plus they're a lot faster

One reason why the CNG's are faster than the crusiers, governors!! The ones on NJ transit and greyhound go to up like 80 MPH! I actully like the V CNG better than the crusiers, like them both but like the CNG better. I just get on whatever bus that comes first. But those surbuban RTS when they were running in express bus service, from what i heard they could get up to 70 MPH easily. I'm so mad i never rode an RTS on an express route.:mad::rolleyes:

One reason why the CNG's are faster than the crusiers, governors!! The ones on NJ transit and greyhound go to up like 80 MPH! I actully like the V CNG better than the crusiers, like them both but like the CNG better. I just get on whatever bus that comes first. But those surbuban RTS when they were running in express bus service, from what i heard they could get up to 70 MPH easily. I'm so mad i never rode an RTS on an express route.:mad::rolleyes:
I have on the X27, pretty nice, no one used the backdoors though, did a good 60-65MPH

I have on the X27, pretty nice, no one used the backdoors though, did a good 60-65MPH

I had a bad experience with an RTS on an express route. When YON had 100s and 9290-9300s. Middle of the winter, I stood outside from 6:40 to 7:15 am waiting for the Bxm3. 9293 showed up packed, I ended up sitting in the back stairwell freezing.

the X32 ride was always better with an RTS though. The ocassional O7 wasn't bad either

• 4 weeks later...

The Hyrbrids have a greater overhang for a shorter turn radius, but not as much as the MCI's do with the tag axle. The CNG's have a greater turn radius.

Which is why some B/O's prefer a MCI over a CNG due to it's tag axle. As most say, the cruiser turns like a car and not like a truck.

The Hyrbrids operate decently in snow, but not as well as the RTS's. That is due to the Hyrbrid's acceleration from a full stop. RTS's and CNG's have a slow take off which enables it to grip the road and move instead of slipping and sliding. That is esecially true on a non-plowed street...

You can essentially do the same with a Hybrid, slowly taking off, but it that leads to a rocky take off, that's for sure due to the batteries and Drive giving the jerk! :P

Archived