MTA Background Timeframe

MJV09

My background was sent over to Metro North after the company was done with it two weeks ago. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to possibly hear about the next step if and when?

Thanks

Background check are (at least used to be) good for a year.  A time frame you may hear anything back is dependent on how many and how seen people need to be hired for the given position.  When they know when they will need people, then the next step would be an interview.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just curious if anyone has been waiting to hear something since they submitted their background information for the metro north conductor position. I took and passed the test in March and submitted my background end of May. My background is clean I don't even have a parking ticket. But it's been a few now and I haven't heard anything. I know it takes time, I'm fully aware of the process. Just curious how it could move along in the manner it did for 5 months and then halt for 3-4 months. Any thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious if anyone has been waiting to hear something since they submitted their background information for the metro north conductor position. I took and passed the test in March and submitted my background end of May. My background is clean I don't even have a parking ticket. But it's been a few now and I haven't heard anything. I know it takes time, I'm fully aware of the process. Just curious how it could move along in the manner it did for 5 months and then halt for 3-4 months. Any thoughts?

Archived