Transfer from nuc corrections to Mta?

lisandrojosh9

Hey guys I currently work for nyc corrections with 10 years on. I am resigning this year looking to get a job with the Mta. What happens to my pension.... Does it count on the back end with the Mta? Also will the Mta give me a hard time if I am 45 looking for work such as station agent or conductor?

Hey guys I currently work for nyc corrections with 10 years on. I am resigning this year looking to get a job with the Mta. What happens to my pension.... Does it count on the back end with the Mta? Also will the Mta give me a hard time if I am 45 looking for work such as station agent or conductor?

Your age shouldn't be a problem. As for pension goes , I'm not sure. But there was a guy in my Yardmaster class for the LIRR who came from NYC corrections.

if your pension is administered by NYCERS then it should be able to roll over or credited to you when you go to another city agency, Your union rep or your pension fund people would be the best ones to answer your question on that. As for work with the MTA unless you are already on the current list for conductor which is set to expire in Feb 2017, or you have taken the last conductor exams which was given a couple months ago then you can be looking at a 8 to 10yr wait minimum .There's a promotional list to be called from then when that's through then they will start calling from the exams they had this year of which the results haven't even been given out as yet much less to think of the list being established. As for Station Agent, from reading on this forum it would appear that there is a current list or an exam that was give not too long ago, so that too maybe some years waiting too. There's lots of other positions available at the MTA that don't require being on a list before you are employed by them, you can look into that if you desire. Best of luck with everything.

Yes your time from corrections will count once you come to TA. Corrections uses NYCERS, and so does TA. You'll be in tier 4 which you currently are in, under the 25/55 plan. Also TA doesn't age discriminate. Just a couple of years ago they hired a 78 year old conductor. Since you already work for a city agency, once called you'll get through the process much quicker then newly hired civil service employees would. At age 45 you'll only need to do an additional 15 years to retire with full benefits.

Archived