Is it a good idea to get a boosted board?

IAlam

https://boostedboards.com/

So every morning when I go to the train station, I have to wait for the Q20 and the wait can be very long since I go really early in the morning. So I was considering getting a boosted board (skateboard with an electric motor) to travel on Main st to get to the station. However, I'm not sure if they are fully legal, but I am also aware that there are many other riding the boards, not have not had any issues (Casey Neistat). Would buying a boosted board be a good investment, as a transportation tool/toy? 

If skateboarding is your thing, why not, though I'm not sure what the rule is on carrying them onto a subway because of the whole "hoverboard" nonsense (since it has a motor).

Just don't go blowing the stop signs/red lights.

Or your can buy one of those electric scooter thingys that fold up, but they aren't that cheap from what I recall (at least a few hundred dollars).  I considered buying one a few years ago when I was living on Staten Island and looked into one from a store in Yorkville. I was getting sick of paying ~$300.00 a month to get to and from the express bus on weekends since the ride was only a few minutes and sometimes I couldn't always get car service when I wanted it, and driving would mean not having the flexibility to get the X1 or X10 depending on where I parked.  The other option could be Uber.  They are really good. A few months back our Metro-North shuttle bus was a no-show.  Uber was called, and we shared the ride (three of us).  They came within 5 minutes and we had time to spare to get our train.  The ride was paid for, but I tipped the guy anyway.  Maybe you can consider sharing a ride with someone to keep the costs low?  During that time you wouldn't have peak charges either.

Or your can buy one of those electric scooter thingys that fold up, but they aren't that cheap from what I recall (at least a few hundred dollars).  I considered buying one a few years ago when I was living on Staten Island and looked into one from a store in Yorkville. I was getting sick of paying ~$300.00 a month to get to and from the express bus on weekends since the ride was only a few minutes and sometimes I couldn't always get car service when I wanted it, and driving would mean not having the flexibility to get the X1 or X10 depending on where I parked.  The other option could be Uber.  They are really good. A few months back our Metro-North shuttle bus was a no-show.  Uber was called, and we shared the ride (three of us).  They came within 5 minutes and we had time to spare to get our train.  The ride was paid for, but I tipped the guy anyway.  Maybe you can consider sharing a ride with someone to keep the costs low?  During that time you wouldn't have peak charges either.

Although I'd go for an uber, the wait time is just as long as it is for a bus, and my account is linked to my dad's card so I only use it sparingly. Although a scooter isn't a bad idea, IDK if that would be able to fit in any of my schools lockers. 

Although I'd go for an uber, the wait time is just as long as it is for a bus, and my account is linked to my dad's card so I only use it sparingly. Although a scooter isn't a bad idea, IDK if that would be able to fit in any of my schools lockers. 

Look for one of those that fold up.  Not the bigger scooters.  The smaller they are the more they cost of course, but if I find the store I checked out online in Yorkville I'll pass on the info to you.

If skateboarding is your thing, why not, though I'm not sure what the rule is on carrying them onto a subway because of the whole "hoverboard" nonsense (since it has a motor).

Just don't go blowing the stop signs/red lights.

Sorry, I didn't see your's earlier, but I don't think it'd be an issue with the MTA because I wouldn't be riding it and it look like a normal skate board. My worry is about the NYPD, whether they would have an issue. 

Look for one of those that fold up.  Not the bigger scooters.  The smaller they are the more they cost of course, but if I find the store I checked out online in Yorkville I'll pass on the info to you.

Thank you

Archived