Update on New Fleet Purchases and Fleet Movement.

The Real

Good Morning Everyone,

Its been a minute since I've posted here! Well here is the latest and greatest in upcoming bus purchases...

CONFIRMED:

92 Nova LFS Artics to be numbered #5439-5530 (number fixed)

139 New Flyer XD60 to be numbered #5987-6125

138 New Flyer XN40 to be numbered #673-810

UPCOMING CONFIRMED:

110 New Flyer XN60 (NYCB, Currently waiting on approved funding, will facilitate artic operations to the B35, Bx36 and Bx6 SBS)

75 40 Foot Hybrids (NYCB, Currently waiting on RFP documents from approved manufacturers)

UPCOMING AWAITING VARIOUS FUNDING APPROVALS & RFPs:

50 All Electric 40-Foot Standard Transit Buses (NYCB, Proposed for the M42 and B42 Lines, awaiting approved funding)

190 Diesel Artics (NYCB, To be RFP'd)

53 Diesel Artics (MTAB to be RFP'd in October, for Woodhaven SBS and expansion at Baisley Park)

257 45-Foot Express Buses (MTAB to be RFP'd in October)

200 40-Foot Standard Transit Buses (NYCB, Propulsion Not Decided [Possibly Hybrids])

41 40-Foot Standard Transit Buses (MTAB to be RFP'd in October)

BUS MOVEMENTS

IMMEDIATE:

10 2009 Daimler Orion 07.501 3rd/Next Generation Hybrids to be moved to Eastchester over the summer to be followed by another 15-17 units from JK and LG sometime after. All 1999 Nova RTSs will be moved from EC to LG, the remaining Orion 5s will be retired.

FUTURE:

Some 1999 Nova RTSs and 2004-05 DaimlerChyrsler Orion 07.501 Gen IIs to be moved to MTAB from NYCB to facilitate the retirement of the 1996 Nova RTSs when the next batch of new buses arrive (XD60s and LFSAs) on the NYCB side of the operation.

NOT HAPPENING:

NO 2400 SERIES PREVOST WILL BE MOVED TO NYCB SIDE UNLESS PREVOST WINS THE 257-BUS ORDER FOR MTAB!!! ONLY THEN WILL SOME PREVOST FROM THE NYCB SIDE WILL GO TO THE MTAB SIDE FOR PRE-TRAINING! UNTIL IF, and I MEAN IF THAT HAPPENS, NO PREVOST TO MTAB FROM NYCB!!!!

I thought they were trying to keep hybrids away from the Bx23 / Q50 (I remember reading that somewhere on the forums)...

I didn't know the MiDi was diesel, however, New Flyer is planning to make a longer MiDi that is 40 ft nvm their medium sized bus is still under 40ft

There will be no need for a 40' MiDi. For all that, you can just purchase an Xcelsior instead.

Good Morning Everyone,

Its been a minute since I've posted here! Well here is the latest and greatest in upcoming bus purchases...

CONFIRMED:

UPCOMING CONFIRMED:

110 New Flyer XN60 (NYCB, Currently waiting on approved funding, will facilitate artic operations to the B35, Bx36 and Bx6 SBS)

75 40 Foot Hybrids (NYCB, Currently waiting on RFP documents from approved manufacturers)

50 All Electric 40-Foot Standard Transit Buses (NYCB, Proposed for the M42 and B42 Lines, awaiting approved funding)

53 Diesel Artics (MTAB to be RFP'd in October, for Woodhaven SBS and expansion at Baisley Park)

200 40-Foot Standard Transit Buses (NYCB, Propulsion Not Decided [Possibly Hybrids])

BUS MOVEMENTS

IMMEDIATE:

10 2009 Daimler Orion 07.501 3rd/Next Generation Hybrids to be moved to Eastchester over the summer to be followed by another 15-17 units from JK and LG sometime after. All 1999 Nova RTSs will be moved from EC to LG, the remaining Orion 5s will be retired.

FUTURE:

Some 1999 Nova RTSs and 2004-05 DaimlerChyrsler Orion 07.501 Gen IIs to be moved to MTAB from NYCB to facilitate the retirement of the 1996 Nova RTSs when the next batch of new buses arrive (XD60s and LFSAs) on the NYCB side of the operation.

NOT HAPPENING:

NO 2400 SERIES PREVOST WILL BE MOVED TO NYCB SIDE UNLESS PREVOST WINS THE 257-BUS ORDER FOR MTAB!!! ONLY THEN WILL SOME PREVOST FROM THE NYCB SIDE WILL GO TO THE MTAB SIDE FOR PRE-TRAINING! UNTIL IF, and I MEAN IF THAT HAPPENS, NO PREVOST TO MTAB FROM NYCB!!!!

I would think based on the current fleet, the logical thing to do with the fleet numbers is to start the New Flyer XD60's at 5439 and the Nova LFS attic at 5987, but what do I know!

I thought they were trying to keep hybrids away from the Bx23 / Q50 (I remember reading that somewhere on the forums)...

Remember, the keyword is try.Anything can happen in the MTA, including 6000 hybrids in MTA bus, plus the RTS in ECH only had a limited time in the depot anyways, so something eventually had to replace them sooner or later.

Those BYD buses are made in China... Not good for the local economy. We need more local jobs here, not less, and certainly not more stuff from China.

They have a facility in CA I believe.

Hello there. I read/heard all about you. Imma just look around and just put my 50 cents here:

First off, kind of surprised of the XD60/LFSA numbers. I expected the LFSA to starting at 5987, but the same time, I knew some weird thing might happen. (BTW, the last unit is 5530 for the LFSA, not 5540; 5540 makes 102 buses)

Speaking of wierd, 6500/6600s to MTA bus? Again, expected but unexpected from a company like the MTA. Looks like the fanning may happen soon.

The only thing missing here is the depot assignments, but that's not the main reason I came here. I came to see the latest fleet news. Thank you for returning to share this info with us.

BTW, I'm glad you read and heard all about me. But don't mistake that for "knowing" me. Lots of nonsense is floating out there...

Nope.

Good Morning Everyone,

CONFIRMED:

UPCOMING CONFIRMED:

BUS MOVEMENTS

IMMEDIATE:

FUTURE:

NOT HAPPENING:

More old gens to mta bus and 99 novas to lga. Looking foward to this.

Thank you again for the post T. 

Now that the fleet review is officially over, I can update the the Fleet and Depots thread. For any of those that were not following my previous pots, the MTA had halted everything for a full fleet review of all the buses. This is the outcome, which is much more interesting that originally expected.

Hello there. I read/heard all about you. Imma just look around and just put my 50 cents here:
First off, kind of surprised of the XD60/LFSA numbers. I expected the LFSA to starting at 5987, but the same time, I knew some weird thing might happen. (BTW, the last unit is 5530 for the LFSA, not 5540; 5540 makes 102 buses)
Speaking of wierd, 6500/6600s to MTA bus? Again, expected but unexpected from a company like the MTA. Looks like the fanning may happen soon.
The only thing missing here is the depot assignments, but that's not the main reason I came here. I came to see the latest fleet news. Thank you for returning to share this info with us.

The oldest of the hybrids going to MTA Bus was inevitable. The oldest buses in the fleet eventually make it to a few depots in that division since they took over. Same will go for the others in the future. I'm almost certain we see 4800's at LG one day later in the decade.

Very interesting but I'm surprised that the MTA isn't trying to order arctics for the B46 SBS. Very good information and thanks for sharing The Real.

The next artic order does actually include buses for the B46. The only reason the route is starting off with XD40's is because there aren't enough artics to cover it.

That gap (5531-5769) tells me that the next order of (300) artics will not be evenly split, which is a good thing to know but we'll see what happens. The new numbers is an interesting pattern to me. Doesn't matter who takes those numbers lol.

......Am I the only one that actually hopes for a tiny percentage of hybrids to come in the MTA future?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That gap (5531-5769) tells me that the next order of (300) artics will not be evenly split, which is a good thing to know but we'll see what happens. The new numbers is an interesting pattern to me. Doesn't matter who takes those numbers lol.

......Am I the only one that actually hopes for a tiny percentage of hybrids to come in the MTA future?

Ummmm.... scrap this. This was stupid.... [emoji27]

Ummmm.... scrap this. This was stupid.... [emoji27]

How the MTA board members must feel when they approve some ideas that wasn't fully tested correctly...Lol them Ecosavers tho  :lol:

Its cool man you good ...

Well originally there were 75 hybrids on the books, and that may increase now, so it's inevitable as I explained in a post about 3 years ago.

As far at a split order goes, no bus orders have ever been split evenly to date, and I don't see it happening anytime soon either. 

How the MTA board members must feel when they approve some ideas that wasn't fully tested correctly...Lol them Ecosavers tho  :lol:

Its cool man you good ...

What do you mean it wasn't fully tested correctly? The Ecosavers were part of a 90-bus test program that failed. MTA didn't loose in the deal because they never qualified the bus.

I now know the reason MTA decided to number the buses the way they did. By changing the previous plans and doing it this way, they don't have to renumber any of the remaining 56/5700 D60HF's that will NOT be retired as soon as we once thought. Now that the fleet review is over, the last of the buses wont be retired until some of the option buses come off this current order. With the XD60's now due in a couple of weeks, MTA has decided there are too many remaining D60's to renumber the fleet, hence moving the XD60 numbers forwars, and when the LFSA's come in they will follow with their new numbers as the D60'd continue retirement.

Are all of these new buses going to come already done up with new livery, wifi, abd usb chargers?

Yes. Everything from now on will have the new features. Effective immediately, for all external purposes, buses are all MTA NYC Transit Buses across all divisions. BC Remains a seperate legal entity.

Archived