Looking for suggestions on where to Railfan or Busfan in Philly

Ghostface Brown

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my final itenirary for the trip that I'm going to make next week, thanks for your input guys I really did try to take in some of your suggestions. I just hope that I didn't miscalculate the amount of money the fares will cost.

Take the 9:30AM (10:48AM) Keystone Train #643 to Philadelphia-30th Street Station at New York-Penn Station - $45.00

Take the 11:04AM (11:23AM) R1 Airport to Airport Terminal E at 30th Street Station - $11.75

Take the 11:39AM (12:05PM) R1 Temple University train to Suburban Station at Airport Terminal E

Take the 12:27PM (12:53PM) R2 Marcus Hook train to Crum Lynne at Suburban Station - $8.25

Take the 1:07PM (1:33PM) R2 Temple University train to 30th Street Station at Crum Lynne

Take the 2:18PM (2:42PM) Frankford Transportation Center Market-Frankford Line train to Margaret-Orthodox (4700 North) at 30th and Market Streets - $8.00

Take the 2:55PM (3:22PM) Route 75 Wayne and Windrim Avenues trackless trolley to Wayne and Windrim Avenues at Arrott Terminal (Margaret-Orthodox Station)

Take the 3:38PM (3:59PM) R7 Trenton Transit Center train to 30th Street Station at Wayne Junction - $6.00

Take the 4:30PM (5:19PM) R6 Norristown train to the Norristown Transportation Center at 30th Street Station

Take the 5:44PM (6:08PM) Route 100 69th Street Terminal train to the 69th Street Terminal at the Norristown Transportation Center

Take the 6:20PM (6:37PM) Route 102 Sharon Hill trolley to Clifton-Aidan Station at the 69th Street Terminal

Take the 6:54PM (7:05PM) R3 West Trenton train to 49th Street at Clifton-Aidan - $4.00

Take the 7:16PM (7:31PM) Route 13 Juniper Station (City Hall) trolley to 15th Street/City Hall at 49th Street & Chester Avenue

Take the 7:44PM (7:50PM) Fern Rock Transportation Center Broad Street Line train to Girard at City Hall

Take the 7:59PM (8:08PM) 15 Richmond and Westmoreland Streets trolley to Front Street & Girard Avenue at Broad Street & Girard Avenue

Take the 8:20PM (8:31PM) 69th Street Terminal Market-Frankford Line train to 30th and Market Streets at Girard (1200 North)

Take the 8:52PM (9:41PM) R7 Trenton Transit Center to the Trenton Transit Center at 30th Street Station - $20.50

Take the 9:51PM (11:25PM) New York train to New York at the Trenton Transit Center

Total: $103.50

I would prefer a digital camera, digcams have better resolution and pictures are much more clearer.

I only have a Cell Phone camera, after I get a Wireless Router for my PlayStation 3 and the Nike ACG boots I'm going to try to get a real one at RadioShack.

I re-read your itinerary, and that is some long trip! Will you buy the "convenience pass"?

Yes, I saw information about the convenience pass, but I'm not sure if you can buy one outside of the SEPTA store or if you can use it for any other transportation mode other than the Subway so I'm bringing extra money just in case.

Oh, and I can't wait to drink the legendary Shamrock Shake again, I remember having one at 30th Street the last time I went there when I fanned the :ac: and it was delicious.

Alright, I finally made the trip today and I'm dissapointed, I wasn't able the ride the old PCC trolleys like I wanted to since buses were replacing them for some reason and the people in Philly were not as "brotherly" as the city's slogan suggests. Crappy cell phone pics of my advenutres will be posted later on.

Too bad you did not ride the PCCs on the 15. According to some pics from Subchat's annual "Mid-Winter trip", there were trolleys running on the 15 around 4:00 PM.

Out of curiousity, how are Philadelphians not "brotherly"? Too bad the Eagles beating up the Cowboys yesterday did not cheer them up.

Yeah it was weird because I saw trolleys running the other direction to 63rd Street, yet mines was a bus. I wasn't sure if that was the only bus on the route at the time or what but I just didn't want to wait at that corner any longer.

I expected people over there be a bit more friendly or welcoming, but most people there seemed to be surly which I could understand seeing the condition that most of the city seemed to be in. Most of Philadelphia reminded me of Brownsville or East New York except for the Center City, I specifically remember seeing a guy that looked like a zombie at Wayne Junction searching the sidewalk for any traces of drugs to take, probably crack.

Oh yeah and by the way instead of taking the R1 and then the R2, I just took the R3 to West Trenton and back thinking of your suggestion based on its nice scenery and I have to thank you for telling me that, it was the best ride that I had the whole day.

Alright, I finally made the trip today and I'm dissapointed, I wasn't able the ride the old PCC trolleys like I wanted to since buses were replacing them for some reason and the people in Philly were not as "brotherly" as the city's slogan suggests. Crappy cell phone pics of my advenutres will be posted later on.

What is up with Line 15???

Archived