NEC Future - Did You Go? (January 12, 2016)

I was wondering if anybody here was at this convention, which was at Garden City Hall on 1550 Franklin Street.

The convention mostly revolved around projects that would expand regional rail capacity for Amtrak and other railroads.

I took the time to speak at least twice during the convention, and I couldn't help but notice the similarity in frustration between my childhood pouts and a Floral Park resident who feels that Long Island residents are often left to gather dust in the decision making process.

I agree. Many of the natural shoreline protections that would otherwise guard LI from disasters like Super storm Sandy have eroded over time, especially because of projects that are indiscriminate of residents and their views.

It was also discovered that Suffolk County wasn't even invited. I joined the residents in Floral Park in appealing an extension of the hearings so Suffolk County could participate, and I posted this on my Google+ collection, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Valley (then Hudson Valley Played Book) with a trip sample of how I got there from the Lower East Side in three hours.

What do you guys think is the best way to help Long Island stay connected without disrupting its environment?

Sent from my HTC M8 GPE

???? Mass Transit Honchkrow ????

If they go forward with option 3 LI's beauty is going to suffer one way or the other.

The only way around it is to build a 55 mile long tunnel. Would be completed by the end of the century lol.

Although I voted with that, I mentioned alongside Floral Park residents that new infrastructure wasn't in my vote for a "transformation". I suggested transforming how we provided transportation to Long Island.

For example, the creation of more Limited stop service for the n24 and the n19 which are east west routes, and limited stop AND weekend local service for the n62, including a 4th of July exception so everyone can enjoy the fireworks display at Jones Beach.

Because the n62 is weekday only, I had to settle for a riverside view from Belmore.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Archived