Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
MysteriousBtrain

Pokémon G.O. Adventures

Mainly a topic to hold my experiences with the new mobile game Pokémon G.O. but anyone else can share experiences with the game if if they have it as well.

I started playing at Brighton Beach, and I choose Squirtle as my starter. (Ironic huh?) I did some walking around a bit and saw a few Pokéstops at the boardwalk and playground there. Gained lots of Pokéballs. Afterwards, I found a Weepinbell lying on the boardwalk. It was my first caught Pokemon in the game.

I wonder if I can find more on the train ride back home.....

After getting ready to go home, I encounter a few more Pokèstops. Amazingly, one of the spots I found were actually train stops like Brighton Beach, Sheepshead Bay, Kings Highway, etc. I was quite shocked that the (MTA) was able to help me play this game. What I gotta do later is visit an (MTA) depot or yard and see if they can be Pokèstops and give me items like Pokèballs and eggs.

I also found a fish Pokèmon in the streets of Lincoln hospital, Goldeen. Probably was chilling in the puddles there lol.

Edited by ShadeJay

I've played the company's original game Ingress a lot and of course I've started to play this one. I'm about 40 pokemon in.

I continued playing this game while fanning on some bus routes of course. Temporary had my raticate the over the Intervale av (2)(5) station gym, but he did not last long. As the servers went on and off, I caught some Pokemon in flushing (boy, was that filled with Pokemon go users, and of course, Pokemon) and along the N20G. I also walked around Great Neck to hatch my Tangela egg. Long story short, I now add Bulbasaur, Tangela, Eevee, Geodude, and a few others to my team.

The next time I played, I found a poliwrath under the Myrtle el. I did not catch it as the game froze when I did. Luckily, another appeared while I fanned the B47, and I caught it. Poliwrath is now a owner of a gym near me. I took over a few others, but they did not last long. I believe I now own near 50 as of today.