B82 +select bus service+

Kingjunior34

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say it a different way: I have taken the B41 hundreds of times and never, not once has a passenger complain after the split at Avenue N that they got on the wrong B41.

I don't know where you're getting this from, but it doesn't remind me of a ride on the B41, that's for sure.

Sent from my iPod touch using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I'll say it a different way: I have taken the B41 hundreds of times and never, not once has a passenger complain after the split at Avenue N that they got on the wrong B41.

I don't know where you're getting this from, but it doesn't remind me of a ride on the B41, that's for sure.

You're probably on to something. I do understand, I agree. A single insinuation doesn't always apply to the same population.

Maybe I get stuck with the tourists a lot. Heavy accents & light heads abound.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

....Maybe I get stuck with the tourists a lot. Heavy accents & light heads abound.

There are just about as much tourists on the B41 as there is ridership on the B40!

You aren't getting tourists riding the B41 that deep into Brooklyn - to even have the problem of taking a Kings Plaza bound bus vs a Bergen Beach bound bus anyway.....

See here man... You told me in another thread to give (what I'm describing here) my justified, relentless badgering of your embellishment in that thread, "a rest".... Well I'd like to revisit that same snarkiness & hurl it right back at ya.... "emoji108.png"

I'd suggest giving this bit about riders' confusion between the two branches on the B41, a rest..... This is embarrassing that you're bringing up tourists to try to justify something that isn't going on, on the route.....

There are just about as much tourists on the B41 as there is ridership on the B40!

You aren't getting tourists riding the B41 that deep into Brooklyn - to even have the problem of taking a Kings Plaza bound bus vs a Bergen Beach bound bus anyway.....

See here man... You told me in another thread to give (what I'm describing here) my justified, relentless badgering of your embellishment in that thread, "a rest".... Well I'd like to revisit that same snarkiness & hurl it right back at ya.... "emoji108.png"

I'd suggest giving this bit about riders' confusion between the two branches on the B41, a rest..... This is embarrassing that you're bringing up tourists to try to justify something that isn't going on, on the route.....

Thank you!

Will do.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Kanarsie Guy said:

Unless the DOT is turning Glenwood into a two way the westbound is going to stay on Flatlands. As a Canarsien I doubt that will happen it's not wide enough form E 98th to E 103rd.

They are considering converting one lane of parking into a contraflow bus lane.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/dleM8"><a href="//imgur.com/dleM8"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6 hours ago, Kanarsie Guy said:

Unless the DOT is turning Glenwood into a two way the westbound is going to stay on Flatlands. As a Canarsien I doubt that will happen it's not wide enough form E 98th to E 103rd.

The fastest way right to get into Rockaway is using the westbound lanes. Strip the parking and turn it to a full bus lane which is good for both the B6 and B82.  I agree with you fellow Canarsien in regards to the area between East 98th and East 103rd. However, the inner workings of the DOT are completely the shits right now. Let's see what happens. 

Returning the topic to the B82 SBS...based on the reconfiguration plan on Pennsylvania Avenue (my neck of the woods), I'm not sure that it may be a good idea to maintain a 24-hour bus lane through Spring Creek Towers. Rather, it would make sense to do it 7 AM to 7 PM, except Sunday, with traffic being reduced to a single lane to prevent speeding during that time (Flatlands Avenue between 103 and Penn will also be reduced to a single lane during this time).

Also, the B82 SBS is likely now pushed back to the start of the summer pick.

31 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

Returning the topic to the B82 SBS...based on the reconfiguration plan on Pennsylvania Avenue (my neck of the woods), I'm not sure that it may be a good idea to maintain a 24-hour bus lane through Spring Creek Towers. Rather, it would make sense to do it 7 AM to 7 PM, except Sunday, with traffic being reduced to a single lane to prevent speeding during that time (Flatlands Avenue between 103 and Penn will also be reduced to a single lane during this time).

Also, the B82 SBS is likely now pushed back to the start of the summer pick.

I don’t think the lanes are going to be 24 hour. It’s not like cross blvd. The 82 really needs it for the weekday. On the weekends the 82 is carrying just a handle full of people during the middle of its route. Not sure about the east or west end but I know it’s not really crowded during the weekend. 

Also it’s been pushed back to this year from last to my knowledge but since they are currently setting up the bases for the fare machines I could see them implementing it during the beginning of the summer. Just like what they did with the b46 sbs. The newer street designs could be done by spring to allow artics on the limited route before the sbs impletation so customers won’t have to deal with over crowding. 

4 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

The fastest way right to get into Rockaway is using the westbound lanes. Strip the parking and turn it to a full bus lane which is good for both the B6 and B82.  I agree with you fellow Canarsien in regards to the area between East 98th and East 103rd. However, the inner workings of the DOT are completely the shits right now. Let's see what happens. 

They could have turned Conklin into a bus only from E 96 to E 98th. That way you could loop straight into Rockaway With out hitting the intersection of Glenwood.

32 minutes ago, Kanarsie Guy said:

They could have turned Conklin into a bus only from E 96 to E 98th. That way you could loop straight into Rockaway With out hitting the intersection of Glenwood.

However, the plans show the actual stop at the train station could be discontinued during early 2019 into 2020 for the reconstruction of the (L) between Canarsie and Williamsburg. 

Do remember Conklin Avenue is very tight and we are talking about artics. I kinda hate what the DOT did by configuring Conklin Avenue in the reverse direction between Rockaway to Remsen. Sometimes, it does beat the Flatlands Avenue traffic. However, there's no left turn once you reach Remsen. 

40 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

However, the plans show the actual stop at the train station could be discontinued during early 2019 into 2020 for the reconstruction of the (L) between Canarsie and Williamsburg. 

Do remember Conklin Avenue is very tight and we are talking about artics. I kinda hate what the DOT did by configuring Conklin Avenue in the reverse direction between Rockaway to Remsen. Sometimes, it does beat the Flatlands Avenue traffic. However, there's no left turn once you reach Remsen. 

If you make Conklin bus only from E 96 Street to E 98 Street you take the buses of Rockaway Parkway. They can go right into the Loop from E 98th, the B42 can also use leaving only the B60 Northbound.

Archived