For Unlimited Ride Customers - Try These Xfers

If you asked me how many fare transactions I made in the last month I did a heap of fanning in, I wouldn't freakin know off top - and I wouldn't go run to check my logs to count them either - because it doesn't mean shit.... That's what I'm not getting about the boasting, embellishing, fabricating, over-exaggerating, lying, whatever synonym any one of us wishes to use, of how many swipes in a month was stated to be made by the guy.... Even if it was a believable number, Ok, we get it - You ride a lot.

See here... I made 6 fare transactions today.

Morning commute: B12 > LIRR

Evening commute: LIRR > (F) > B32 > B44

I can't fathom anyone giving a damn about the amount of transactions.... What lines/routes were ridden? Perhaps... What happened during the rides? Perhaps.... How many routes were ridden? Perhaps.... The amount of fare transactions though?

My thing is this.... Who the hell does as much riding (forget about the actual numbers he made, for now) to keep tabs on that many damn swipes/dips/whatever? See, that's what I sincerely believe this entire thread is about - How much he rides.... Not this bit about making unconventional transfers with an unlimited metrocard or whatever.... Very easy to come to that conclusion when you make an opening statement in the OP which ended up being under scrutiny.... and rightfully so.

But be there as it may, may as well let the guy have his moment in the sun.....

That's my view on the matter too.

Sent from my iPod touch using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I already do it with my express bus pass and it's much faster than using the local buses to the subway. I take the express bus into Manhattan from Riverdale, stop for a nice snack or brunch or something, and then transfer to another express bus to get to my final destination in the Bronx. I have a student that I tutor in Parkchester. My most recent trip consisted of taking the BxM2 to the Upper East Side... Stopped by some of my usual Euro café's for a light breakfast (double espresso, pastries, etc.), got a Perrier and another drink and then made my way over to the BxM6. If you time things right, it works perfectly, as you can run a few errands in between the connections and relax in the AC or in the shade somewhere.

I agree. It's rather unfortunate I can't use my unlimited EasyPay card despite being on my pay only mode.

You can suspend your monthly and roll with a balance instead.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

If you asked me how many fare transactions I made in the last month I did a heap of fanning in, I wouldn't freakin know off top - and I wouldn't go run to check my logs to count them either - because it doesn't mean shit.... That's what I'm not getting about the boasting, embellishing, fabricating, over-exaggerating, lying, whatever synonym any one of us wishes to use, of how many swipes in a month was stated to be made by the guy.... Even if it was a believable number, Ok, we get it - You ride a lot.

See here... I made 6 fare transactions today.

Morning commute: B12 > LIRR

Evening commute: LIRR > (F) > B32 > B44

I can't fathom anyone giving a damn about the amount of transactions.... What lines/routes were ridden? Perhaps... What happened during the rides? Perhaps.... How many routes were ridden? Perhaps.... The amount of fare transactions though?

My thing is this.... Who the hell does as much riding (forget about the actual numbers he made, for now) to keep tabs on that many damn swipes/dips/whatever? See, that's what I sincerely believe this entire thread is about - How much he rides.... Not this bit about making unconventional transfers with an unlimited metrocard or whatever.... Very easy to come to that conclusion when you make an opening statement in the OP which ended up being under scrutiny.... and rightfully so.

But be there as it may, may as well let the guy have his moment in the sun.....

I prefer shade on a day like this...

Do any unlimited pass holders use 110 St on (6) to transfer with CPN on (2)(3) to get across town? or do you just cut across Central Park with a bus?

You could do both. Unlimiteds are supposed to be a process shortener. You have more leeway to make mistakes that won't cost you.

Archived