Major express skips/runs

Abba

When the (N) still ran express in Manhattan: 34 Street–Herald Square → 14 Street–Union Square → Canal Street → Atlantic Avenue–Pacific Street → 36 Street → 59 Street → Coney Island–Stillwell Avenue

On a late (F) train recently: Jay Street–MetroTech → 7 Avenue → Church Avenue → Ditmas Avenue → 18 Avenue → Kings Highway → Neptune Avenue → West 8 Street → Coney Island–Stillwell Avenue

For some reason, the one I catch is most is on the (J). I get on at the junction, we stop at Alabama, then Crescent, then Woodhaven (twice we outright skipped that too lol), then Sutphin Blvd.

Then there's the (L) and it's unpredictable skips. The ones I've caught were:

-Bway Jct, Sutter, E. 105, Canarsie

-Bway Jct, New Lots, Canarsie

-Bway Jct, Canarsie

-Lorimer St, Myrtle, Bway Jct

-Bway Jct, Myrtle, Lorimer, Bedford, Union Sq, 8 Avenue

-Canarsie, New Lots, Bway Jct

-Canarsie, Bway Jct

Me personally, I find it good when the train gets sent on a skip and your stop is one of the few stops it goes to, but at the same time it sucks when you're at a station, and a train that gets sent on a skip passes your stop lol

For some reason, the one I catch is most is on the (J). I get on at the junction, we stop at Alabama, then Crescent, then Woodhaven (twice we outright skipped that too lol), then Sutphin Blvd.

Then there's the (L) and it's unpredictable skips. The ones I've caught were:

-Bway Jct, Sutter, E. 105, Canarsie

-Bway Jct, New Lots, Canarsie

-Bway Jct, Canarsie

-Lorimer St, Myrtle, Bway Jct

-Bway Jct, Myrtle, Lorimer, Bedford, Union Sq, 8 Avenue

-Canarsie, New Lots, Bway Jct

-Canarsie, Bway Jct

Me personally, I find it good when the train gets sent on a skip and your stop is one of the few stops it goes to, but at the same time it sucks when you're at a station, and a train that gets sent on a skip passes your stop lol

It's been a while since I relied on the (L). There are only two major tracks for the whole length? If so, skipping stations can create congestion quickly.

Sometimes I understand they may skip stations to maintain space and distribute ridership, but does that apply to the (L) which uses CBTC?

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I've been on the (1) going from 168 to Dyckman nonstop, as well as 168 to 242 nonstop.

been on the (4) from 161 to Woodlawn nonstop.

also seen the rush hour (5) continue express from 180 to Gun Hill

You and I must've been on the same train. Just several days ago, the (A) was instructed to jump from 168th St to 200th St because of congestion.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

On Wednesday it was rush hour I was on the <6> (They said it was a (6) local to Pelham Bay) it was so late and packed the train stops were Brooklyn Bridge-Bleecker Street-14 Street-Union Square-23rd Street-28th Street-33rd Street-Grand Central-51st Street-59th Street-68th Street-77th Street-86th Street-125th Street-3rd Avenue-138th Street-Brook Avenue-Cypress Avenue-East 143rd Street-East 149th Street-Longwood Avenue-Hunts Point Avenue-Parkchester-Castle Hill Avenue-Zerega Avenue-Westchester Square-Middletown Road-Buhre Avenue-Pelham Bay Park. The train skipped stops in Manhattan because it was late and packed then people were holding the doors causing it to be more late. Then at Hunts Point it arrived on the local track we waited for two <6> trains to go then it switch to the express track.     

Subway skips are nothing. People should leave a 30 minute cushion if they're going to work or school. I always do, and I have yet to get somewhere important late on the subway.

Metro-North has like a 95% on time ratio and when they do skips, it hurts much worse than a subway skip. During the winter I lost 3 hours and a crapload of money because the first New Haven train skipped Fordham, making me miss my Megabus to Boston. I missed a Danbury train years ago when another AM train did a Fordham skip; that one also cost me 3 hours of my day.

When you lose hours, that's when you should get livid. During subway skips, the most you might lose is 20 minutes (usually closer to 10 minutes, YMMV), which is better than the delays you might encounter crossing the Midtown tunnel.

The Fordham skips are flat out unacceptable. Especially during the evening rush when there are only hourly trains.

When I first started the commute I'm on now, I'd board my train at Fordham. After a few months, I lost count of how many times I hear the "5:55 train to Stamford has been cancelled" announcement meanwhile we'd all watch the train simply bypass the station. Took me a while to learn my lesson and began to board at GC/Harlem.

I once rode a (D) that went nonstop from Dekalb to 125.

Then there was this (W) that ran Stillwell to 59 via the Sea Beach middle back when that was the only line that went to Coney.

DeKalb to 125th. Was it announced prior to its leaving DeKalb? I am sure there would be a lot of annoyed passengers.

I once rode a (D) that went nonstop from Dekalb to 125.

Then there was this (W) that ran Stillwell to 59 via the Sea Beach middle back when that was the only line that went to Coney.

Wow... From Dekalb to 125st...What was the reason behind that???

DeKalb to 125th. Was it announced prior to its leaving DeKalb? I am sure there would be a lot of annoyed passengers.

Yeah, I was thinking that. Would suck to be the poor soul getting off at Grand Street or hoping to transfer to the (6) at Broadway-Lafayette.

Archived