ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the email to come in for medical Thursday at 6:30am, list 16xx and cert high 3xx, did drug test June 30...so nervous at the point, been at my job for 16years. This sorta a big step for me. But congrats to all and good luck, will see you all soon.

17 minutes ago, c-train said:

Got the email to come in for medical Thursday at 6:30am, list 16xx and cert high 3xx, did drug test June 30...so nervous at the point, been at my job for 16years. This sorta a big step for me. But congrats to all and good luck, will see you all soon.

Congrats did you just get that email?

On 7/14/2021 at 5:09 PM, dee-bees said:

Thank you so much. You have no idea how much that eases my worry. haha

Luckily the state we moved from is easy to instantly get the abstract for a couple bucks. I'll just have to turn in what I have for now and resubmit the updated ones in a few weeks. I haven't even changed my address yet with them for the test because I wanted to have it match my ID just in case this happened. I'll wait to submit that change of address until I have the new ID to turn in too. 

Thanks everyone again! This forum's been my go-to for years now for info and it's all been so helpful. 

Several operators work here and have licenses in NJ and PA. You're fine. Just bring your own abstract when you go to processing.

Good morning all ,In regards to a sleep apnea test, what is the best way to handle that? Wait to be instructed by the medical division or get it before they tell me? As I have never done the medical screening before or even considered sleep apnea.

Fat neck gang.

List 15xx 

June 28th drug screening 

14 minutes ago, Ironbravo said:

Good morning all ,In regards to a sleep apnea test, what is the best way to handle that? Wait to be instructed by the medical division or get it before they tell me? As I have never done the medical screening before or even considered sleep apnea.

Fat neck gang.

List 15xx 

June 28th drug screening 

Your best bet is to get a sleep study done so that way if they say you have to get it done you'll already have it done and the paperwork to hand them, instead of them telling you to go and then coming back to them with the results. Waiting for them to tell you can make you miss the next class which you dont wanna do. So just get it done whenever you have the chance but definitely before they call you for the medical, rather be safe than sorry. #fatneckgang2021

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

Your best bet is to get a sleep study done so that way if they say you have to get it done you'll already have it done and the paperwork to hand them, instead of them telling you to go and then coming back to them with the results. Waiting for them to tell you can make you miss the next class which you dont wanna do. So just get it done whenever you have the chance but definitely before they call you for the medical, rather be safe than sorry. #fatneckgang2021

This is exactly what happened to me. Had to get every thing done and missed my June 6th class have to wait till August 15th class. Definitely get everything you need together before medical. 

8 minutes ago, -Galan- said:

This is exactly what happened to me. Had to get every thing done and missed my June 6th class have to wait till August 15th class. Definitely get everything you need together before medical. 

Is there a list of certified doctors or I can go anywhere I can get tested ??

41 minutes ago, Ironbravo said:

I believe you need to look up pulmonary doctors. They are associated with sleep apnea and could diagnose you and run the test for both,yes you do have it or no you do not 

48 minutes ago, Ironbravo said:

If you have health insurance, I would search through them for a pulmonologist or a sleep study center that performs a polysomnography. My pulmonologist ended up sending me to Sleep Diagnostics of NY which is in Queens.

Edited by Jericho
Added info

List 161*

Cert 20* 

Drug Screen 7/7/21

I got sworn in today 7/27 for the 8/30 class. I have to buy some gray shirts with a collar, are short sleeve shirts ok ?

Also there was a bag on Amazon that was highly recommended that didn’t have backpack straps or wheels, anybody remember or have a link ?

My only advice is to make sure all your paperwork is in order. Good Luck to everyone (especially the fat neck gang) !

3 hours ago, Daximilian said:

List 161*

Cert 20* 

Drug Screen 7/7/21

I got sworn in today 7/27 for the 8/30 class. I have to buy some gray shirts with a collar, are short sleeve shirts ok ?

Also there was a bag on Amazon that was highly recommended that didn’t have backpack straps or wheels, anybody remember or have a link ?

My only advice is to make sure all your paperwork is in order. Good Luck to everyone (especially the fat neck gang) !

Read the CR forum. The link can be found somewhere in the last five pages

3 hours ago, Daximilian said:

List 161*

Cert 20* 

Drug Screen 7/7/21

https://www.amazon.com/KAKA-Backpack-Waterproof-Students,Anti-Theft-40L(Black)/dp/B00Y9WXB7E/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=kaka%2Bbag&qid=1627441626&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzM1JWVE9YVTdKMDlaJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDQzODk2MjNGNVVRQkRaU1pMVyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzkyMDYwMjM5WUdLMUM5VDZLRiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl&th=1

For the bag I got the larger size, but go with what ever you could afford either the slightly smaller one or the bigger one.

#Fatneckgang2021 🤪

2 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

I’ve actually never heard of this ?

Dear Applicant:  This is to notify you that the following numbered items apply to you if there is an “X” next to the number.    X   1. You were considered and not selected on the Open Competitive List for a Train Operator (Yard) vacancy.  If there is an “X” next to items 2, 3, 4, or 5, you are ineligible under the rules of the City Personnel Director for further certification from the civil service list specified above for the following reasons:        X   2. You were considered and not selected for Appointment in accordance with Rule 4.7.1 (c), of the Rules and Regulations of the New York City Personnel Director.         3. You failed to reply, or you failed to report for an interview, or you failed to report for duty.         4. You declined appointment/promotion.         5. You failed to complete the required processing.   If you have been made ineligible for further certification under reason 2, such ineligibility is only for the above-named agency.  Therefore, you can be recertified to that agency only upon that agency’s request.  If you have been made ineligible for further certification under reason 3 or 4, you may be restored to the list for certification upon written request to the N.Y.C. Department of Citywide Administration Services, Certification Division, 1 Centre Street, 21st Fl., New York, NY 10007.  You must fully explain the reason for restoration in your request.   Sincerely,   Employment Operations 

It's not saying I'm disqualified but just didn't make the vacany if I'm not mistaken?