ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

42 minutes ago, Mikeyjean said:

Really thats awesome, congratulations. so there has already been some form of progression on the list. About how long ago was this? Think i could receive a letter or an email this year?

I got my first letter back in May and took the drug test on June 7th. My drug test expired and I'm waiting for contact to take the next drug test. If u read thru the thread a bit you will see there's been some movement for a while now. 

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, acabral136 said:

I got my first letter back in May and took the drug test on June 7th. My drug test expired and I'm waiting for contact to take the next drug test. If u read thru the thread a bit you will see there's been some movement for a while now. 

I’m in the low 111x and tbh I think we might get called either mid year or late. Based on that test they incorrectly marked might push us up or back a few. Theyll have to correct the scores and pretty much resend to everyone which may bump you up or down the list before the list is established.

I’m wondering how they will work this out as the scores were already sent out. Will they just fill them in as priorities or delay them depending on if they got the question right/wrong.

I have the LIRR assistant conductor open house next week. Going to see how that works to see if I want the A/C or T/O, If the time comes.

Edited by MTAHopeful813

Quick question for those already in school car, how long did it take for your access to kick in for the site where we get boots and if there were any problems who did you contact. They told me it takes 24 to 48 hours after being sworn in and I still have 1 day more to wait out since it didnt work in the 1st 24 hours but I want to be proactice just in case.

17 hours ago, Mikeyjean said:

Justt curious... im list number 11xx. Do i have a realistic shot at getting called at all? I understand that list has not been established yet but from my understanding they are currently calling people for drug tests. Is this true and also if so appropriately what are they up to?

You have a real shot at getting called for sure.

I was talking to a guy who was in the 10xx’s doing his 2nd drug test on Monday.

10 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

You have a real shot at getting called for sure.

I was talking to a guy who was in the 10xx’s doing his 2nd drug test on Monday.

That's concerning. I'm in the 800s and haven't gotten my email for the 2nd lab yet. What should I do? 

1 hour ago, acabral136 said:

That's concerning. I'm in the 800s and haven't gotten my email for the 2nd lab yet. What should I do? 

You could check your junk mail or call them.

If it makes you feel better, when we asked the guy his list number, he seemed confused and kept jumping between 100’s and 1000’s. So I could be wrong about his list number and he’s in the 100’s that deferred until now.

1 minute ago, Jay-Oh said:

You could check your junk mail or call them.

If it makes you feel better, when we asked the guy his list number, he seemed confused and kept jumping between 100’s and 1000’s. So I could be wrong about his list number and he’s in the 100’s that deferred until now.

Yea but bro a few posts back said he's number 74x and he just took his 2nd lab Monday. So I'm definitely missing a notification. 

I went through my junk and didn't see anything so I will have to call them. 

On 8/24/2018 at 11:25 AM, Jay-Oh said:

Update - Spoke to Ms. Vargas on the phone. At the moment they are only up to list number 440. That means that those of us that do not get emails before our lab expiration date will be scheduled to take the second lab. She did not specify if they are sending out emails today. Good news is that there are school car classes scheduled throughout the rest of the year at the moment, so even if those of us in the 600 - 700’s don’t make it into the September class, chances are we will get in before the end of the year. 

Let us see what the end of the day brings.

I'm trying to go back through the thread to find a phone number. Would u mind sharing that number please? I thought it would be on my notice but I don't see it. 

2 hours ago, aTrainHopeful said:

Quick question for those already in school car, how long did it take for your access to kick in for the site where we get boots and if there were any problems who did you contact. They told me it takes 24 to 48 hours after being sworn in and I still have 1 day more to wait out since it didnt work in the 1st 24 hours but I want to be proactice just in case.

IIRC I waited like 36 hours before I even attempted and after ordering I received my boots in like 3 days. During my first week of my orientation the TSS’s asked the class if anyone has issues ordering their boots and there were several people.  

41 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

IIRC I waited like 36 hours before I even attempted and after ordering I received my boots in like 3 days. During my first week of my orientation the TSS’s asked the class if anyone has issues ordering their boots and there were several people.  

How’s it going so far for you? Is the material really that hard? I started diving into my book and it seems like it’s pretty much self explanatory material! Just have to get familiar with it, which will happen with time! 

5 minutes ago, WTW said:

List #6XX

Went in for my second lab on 9/10 and got an e-mail this morning to come in for the medical on 9/14.

Being considered for the 9/24 class. 

If you don’t mine me asking, my list number is 63*. I did my second lab sept 10th too. 

Are you in the 6 ten’s , twenty or thirty’s??????

Went in for medical yesterday everything went great passed an got sworn in. Start on the 24th. Question for you guys who started school for your first few days dress code states boots, long dark pants an grey collar shirt. Did you guys by some dicky pants An a grey polo shirt? Just trying to figure out on what to buy for the 24th

47 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

If you don’t mine me asking, my list number is 63*. I did my second lab sept 10th too. 

He must be before you, early 600’s because you’d get the email too my friend. Don’t worry, it will happen. Even if it’s not this month, that means that we’re definitely in the October class.

1 hour ago, TO legacy said:

Not at all. I'm 63X as well, so I imagine your medical e-mail isn't too far behind.

1 hour ago, Jay-Oh said:

He must be before you, early 600’s because you’d get the email too my friend. Don’t worry, it will happen. Even if it’s not this month, that means that we’re definitely in the October class.

This is awesome 

I didn’t get the email today, so I must of just missed the cut off point.  

But October will be just as good for me. 

Thank god

4 hours ago, Imhim said:

How’s it going so far for you? Is the material really that hard? I started diving into my book and it seems like it’s pretty much self explanatory material! Just have to get familiar with it, which will happen with time! 

I think it’s only hard if you don’t put in your time studying. Anyone can read it on paper... it’s another thing to understand it and put it into practice. Don’t get me wrong... some folks can grasp it right away other folks it may take a few times. Also helps to have classmates that help each other!

So far so good in school car. Only one person is gone from my class but that was for personal reasons not because they failed. Right now its the meat and potatoes for us. We just took our midterm and now we got our final yard practical and first signal test/practical coming up. Time flies while you’re learning all this material! 

Best of luck to you and everyone in school car! 

26 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

I think it’s only hard if you don’t put in your time studying. Anyone can read it on paper... it’s another thing to understand it and put it into practice. Don’t get me wrong... some folks can grasp it right away other folks it may take a few times. Also helps to have classmates that help each other!

So far so good in school car. Only one person is gone from my class but that was for personal reasons not because they failed. Right now its the meat and potatoes for us. We just took our midterm and now we got our final yard practical and first signal test/practical coming up. Time flies while you’re learning all this material! 

Best of luck to you and everyone in school car! 

Gotcha thanks for responding, good luck to you as well on the final!