ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

On 11/16/2018 at 3:46 PM, apokeguy said:

Just a piece of advice in regards to the Kaka bag... especially if you get it in black. Not only will you have one but people in your class may have one, other people in your induction class may get one and countless others in transit have them. Make it so you can readily identify it when you place it down somewhere. Guys in my class (first week that they purchased it) mistakenly picked up the wrong bag thinking it was theirs. Luckily it happened amongst our own class and we were in road ops so it was on our own train but imagine it grabbing the wrong bag thinking it was yours when you’re in crew room, a CRC or elsewhere. 

Just wondering which kaka bag did you purchase?

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, ALBMTA said:

For those of you in the Nov 26th class. This is just a suggestion. Start reading the first 38 rules in the Rule book. Then read Train Operator and Conductor as you need to be conversant in titles that are similarly engaged in the movement of trains. I will be going around the induction class asking everyone to join a Slack group that I created. It will help with sharing info as pertains to our induction group. I will then make class groups which will help with studying and comparing notes. 

Can you also send me the link for this in a PM?  I am interested.  I appreciate this.  Thank you.  See you on the 26th.  

On 11/17/2018 at 2:35 PM, ALBMTA said:

For those of you in the Nov 26th class. This is just a suggestion. Start reading the first 38 rules in the Rule book. Then read Train Operator and Conductor as you need to be conversant in titles that are similarly engaged in the movement of trains. I will be going around the induction class asking everyone to join a Slack group that I created. It will help with sharing info as pertains to our induction group. I will then make class groups which will help with studying and comparing notes. 

Thank you, if you can Dm the link. If not I'll see you the 26th.

Hey im interested can you swnd me a link 

20 hours ago, Lou said:

Just wondering which kaka bag did you purchase?

I didn’t purchase a kaka bag just for that fact. I actually got a tactical bag where the backpack straps can clip on/off and has multiple grab handles.

Not sure if it’s from this particular seller but the kaka bag that people are getting is: https://www.amazon.com/KAKA-Laptop-Backpack-17-Inch-Laptops/dp/B01D4H1BOE/ref=mp_s_a_1_2/144-7951842-1087668?ie=UTF8&qid=1542633317&sr=1-2&refinements=p_89%3AKAKA&pi=SL140_CR0,0,140,180_QL70

I’ve seen people with both types and in green as well. 

Edited by apokeguy

Who did you guys ask about when the next class maybe when you went in for d/t? Just curious! Im hoping for the January class, d/t the 28th of November. From the 2012 forum it seems like they put you in the class after next. Hopefully this is similar in that sense but i completely understand every test is different and is based upon need and MTA moving at their own pace. 

On 11/16/2018 at 11:05 AM, kev2112 said:

Question. Should I bring a note from my md to medical stating that my BP is under control, and I have no history or symptoms of sleep apnea?

Hello.  Regardless to if you have your BP under control and have no history/symptoms of sleep apnea if your BMI is 35 or higher and you are taking meds for high BP  they will still put you on hold for a sleep study.  its is a safety requirement nothing personal.  So the note wont do anything.  Speaking from experience  

10 minutes ago, bajan said:

Hello.  Regardless to if you have your BP under control and have no history/symptoms of sleep apnea if your BMI is 35 or higher and you are taking meds for high BP  they will still put you on hold for a sleep study.  its is a safety requirement nothing personal.  So the note wont do anything.  Speaking from experience  

Thanks. How did it work out for you?

Great idea.  Send me the information please

Just got home from p/e, in at 630 out by 1.

lady stated list number early 1000+ will most likely hit feb classes. She started to fill December’s group already.

security lady upstairs is a sweetheart, loud but she wasn’t bad at all. If it wasn’t for her directions half of us would’ve been on wrong lines

Edited by MTAHopeful813

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Being the impatient man that I am, I gave Ms. Vargas a call to see how the list progression was.

She initially said that they only appointed up to 400's, but I asked again, specifically for what number they've called/emailed for medicals and she said that they just started the 600's. The highest number they reached up to for medicals was in the 63X's before the list was established, so I would assume that they'll be jumping past 630 in no time. I'm a little salty because my list number got bumped from 68X to 73X due to the scoring error, but at least I know that I'll be called within the next month or two (assuming 70 spots per class). That's it for the update, hopefully this information helped someone out.

34 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Just got home from p/e, in at 630 out by 1.

lady stated list number early 1000+ will most likely hit feb classes. She started to fill December’s group already.

security lady upstairs is a sweetheart, loud but she wasn’t bad at all. If it wasn’t for her directions half of us would’ve been on wrong lines

Is it for certain they’ll be having a February class? I was there on 11/16 for and she mentioned they didn’t have anything scheduled past the January class as of then.

16 minutes ago, bajan said:

Thankfully I passed the sleep study because I wasnt exhibiting any signs or symptoms of sleep apnea.  i I was cleared and was sworn in for the nov 26th class

Glad to hear it. Last questions (lol). When was your P/E, Medical, and Swearing in dates.  Thanks again for the great info

1 minute ago, kev2112 said:

Glad to hear it. Last questions (lol). When was your P/E, Medical, and Swearing in dates.  Thanks again for the great info

drug test was 11/5 and sworn in on 11/7.

I was called in to start the process in May but deferred until September.  I took the P/E 9.4 and did the medical 9/10 in hopes of getting in the september 26 class but got back the sleep study results late.  

The next class was in November so all I had to do was the drug test again and once I passed I was sworn in on 11/7

Congrats to all the new hires and hope I join you on the t/o journey. I have a question? I did my first pre employment on 11/16. When they contact me for the second time what exactly occurs. From what I have read they do your medical and drug trst again. Do they hire u on the spot? When do they review your 21 page booklet and take ur fingerprints? Just curious and good luck to all!

1 hour ago, Fredman0220 said:

Is it for certain they’ll be having a February class? I was there on 11/16 for and she mentioned they didn’t have anything scheduled past the January class as of then.

Nothing is scheduled as in an exact date. But she mentioned she hires quarterly. A few of us went up to ask and she mentioned 1000+ is her expected time frame for us.

2 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Nothing is scheduled as in an exact date. But she mentioned she hires quarterly. A few of us went up to ask and she mentioned 1000+ is her expected time frame for us.

Yes I figured there no exact date, but there will be a class in February is what she said?

4 hours ago, Fredman0220 said:

Yes I figured there no exact date, but there will be a class in February is what she said?

She said IF she gets an approval to hire more by the ending of December. She did not say that it’s certain there will be a class after January 27. I was there today. 

Edited by Emart